Creative power usage

A topic for ideas about things that Toa (or other powered beings) might be theoretically able to do using their powers that haven't been done in the canon. This might be a creative way to use a single power, or a combination of multiple powers being used together.

For example, the Kanohi Garai doesn't allow the user to directly affect their own gravity, but Hewkii could possibly find a workaround for flying.

1. Make a big hang-glider out of solid rock.

2. Use Garai to make it light enough to fly, use elemental powers to change direction and altitude.

3. Wheeeee!

What else could you use various powers for?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Fire and water Toa throwing chunks of ice by combining their powers.

Fire Toa flying by controlled bursts of their power. Heck, any Toa throwing enough quantities of their element down can 'fly' or at least hurl themselves through the air. Water, Jungle and Stone/Earth Toa can 'push' off their favoured terrain, and Air Toa can 'push' off the air itself.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Stone and Ice: unlimited amounts of any tools and furniture without flexible parts.

Earth: sliding through moving, well, earth under one's feet.

All three: armour and replacement limbs.

Now if you think about possibilities of basic six - did we even actually need all this plasma and stuff?..

Edited by Mjolnitor

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

We've never seen a Toa of Stone or Earth absorb a large portion of what someone was standing on just to watch them fall.  Theoretically, they could even do that thing they do in Avatar where they make the ground swallow someone up.  Now since most Bionicle characters don't require kung-fu movements to access their powers, it would be more annoying than debilitating, but it sure would create some great moments.

"Ah yes, the mighty Onua!  At long last I have --  Hey, did you just make the ground swallow me up to my waist?  Wow.  Rude!"

• Upvote 3

We've never seen a Toa of Stone or Earth absorb a large portion of what someone was standing on just to watch them fall. Theoretically, they could even do that thing they do in Avatar where they make the ground swallow someone up. Now since most Bionicle characters don't require kung-fu movements to access their powers, it would be more annoying than debilitating, but it sure would create some great moments.

"Ah yes, the mighty Onua! At long last I have -- Hey, did you just make the ground swallow me up to my waist? Wow. Rude!"

*mud across the face* "You're annoying me, and interrupting my nap."

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

A Toa of Gravity and a Toa of Plasma working together could practically create a new star by combining their powers.  Heck, that one Bohrok-Kal Kaita would be so overpowered.  Gravity, Plasma, and Lightning all stuffed into one being.

They could probably pull a Gurren Lagann by doing that. Creating a star and then hurling it at them.... probably the most effective way of dealing with a Makuta....

Also, Water Toa and Lightning Toa could create an electric water trap

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

I don't think there's ever been actual evidence of a computer in Bionicle, but in theory, a Toa of Magnetism or Lightning could use their power to manipulate electronics.  Magnetism especially.  There totally should have been a geek Toa of Magnetism who could read hard drives and hack computers with his power.

*starts writing new fanfic*

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

toa of water and air,and maybe lightning and ice,could do another avatar-esque thing, and control the weather.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

I'd like to see the Hau Nuva be used offensively. I mean, just make a small shield inside of someone and slowly expand it... Or trap someone in a shield hamster wheel. :P

Also, have a Toa of Air manipulate air pressure. It would be pretty hard to fight if the atmosphere above you suddenly got a hundred times heavier.

• Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I'd like to see the Hau Nuva be used offensively. I mean, just make a small shield inside of someone and slowly expand it... Or trap someone in a shield hamster wheel. :P

One Toa with a Hau and another with a Kakama getting real close can make a unstoppable cannonball.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of scientist Le-Toa discover the individual gases that make up air, teach himself to control them individually, and become a Matoran Universe Col. Mustang. He's almost be hacking the powers of Fire elementals. Imagine if Lewa was taught this.

Tahu: "Lewa, I swear, if you pull ONE MORE--"

Lewa: "You know what? Come at me bro!"

Tahu: *tries to shoot fire at Lewa* *fails*

Lewa: "Haha! I took-stole the oxygen in the air between you and I!" *troll*

• Upvote 3

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

yeah,supposing  they could utalise mulitple mask powers at once, the mata with golden masks were pretty much god-tier.you were unstoppable if you could run fast with a full body shield and enhanced strength,and able to see where you are going at all times, go underwater, and move around pretty freely if you were in the air.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

toa of water and air,and maybe lightning and ice,could do another avatar-esque thing, and control the weather.

There was actually a time in G1 where Gali and Lewa did just this.

yeah,supposing  they could utalise mulitple mask powers at once, the mata with golden masks were pretty much god-tier.you were unstoppable if you could run fast with a full body shield and enhanced strength,and able to see where you are going at all times, go underwater, and move around pretty freely if you were in the air.

Alas, they couldn't combine masks powers quite like this. Though the Kanohi Nuva could share their powers with nearby beings, so it could be possible. The thing about the Miru, though, is that you can't really move unless you have previous momentum going into your activation of the mask. Could be used with the Kakama to jump huge distances, though. A kind of makeshift Kadin.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Any character using a solid element such as iron or stone could just levitate on platforms of the stuff. Heh, they could even fly around like Ironman to a degree of they places in their armor for their element to form and use it to propel themselves around.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

i always wondered if a toa surrounded an object with their element, could they manipulate it? what if fire toa could levitate burning rocks, or water toa create rushing currents full of stone shards.(that last one is a pretty bad analogy...) but it seems like it would be feasible for some. maybe not as much for fire toa since their element is plasmatic.

also, shouldnt toa of electricity be able to control everything, with enough focus?even biological beings have electrical signals going through their body. a well practiced electric toa could potentially basically hijack someones body.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Toa of psionics can make fights extremely easy by tricking their opponents into seeing hallucinations or making their bodies feel pain when nothing really harmed them, at least until the toa goes in for a kill.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

i always wondered if a toa surrounded an object with their element, could they manipulate it? what if fire toa could levitate burning rocks, or water toa create rushing currents full of stone shards.(that last one is a pretty bad analogy...) but it seems like it would be feasible for some. maybe not as much for fire toa since their element is plasmatic.

I always headcanoned that this was what Lewa was doing when he apparently controls the jungle vines to grab the ash bear in Mask of Light.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

or what about copying powers? is it not impossible a group of powerful fire toa could work in unison to create a plasma blast or lightning? or a bunch of air toa use extreme air pressure to essentially crush someone with "gravitiational" force?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Toa of Magnetism and Toa of Plasma are generally pointless to me. Think about it, a Toa of Iron and a Toa of Electricity could get together and make their own electromagnets. A Toa of of Fire and a Toa of Air could condense their powers into one place to super-heat the air to create a controllable plasma ball.

A Toa of Sonics could essentially be the ultimate agent in a stealth mission by removing the sounds they make from the air.

Also, I always thought that a Kakama-user could focus their power into one region of their body to be able to do other things than run. Such as being able to cut things with just their hand.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Perhaps a Toa of Sonics would be able to manipulate the sounds people hear, and possibly even distort someone's words when a person is speaking. They would also be able to throw off a being's equilibrium, as balance is regulated by a component of the ear.

Also, if a Toa had enough power, could they take the form of or "become" their respective element, and then reform to their solid mass (ex: Toa of Lightning turning their body into electricity, Toa of Water turning their body into a tidal wave)?

The Kakama thing is basically canon, at least for the Kakama Nuva. Pohatu uses it to cut his way out of his restraints in the 2008 storyline.

I didn't know that. I'm not too well versed in the later years, I just know the basics.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

could a toa of iron morph masks so that they appear as if they are different types of masks but still possess the same powers?like a kakama molded into a hau?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

could a toa of iron morph masks so that they appear as if they are different types of masks but still possess the same powers?like a kakama molded into a hau?

There is no connection between shape and power of masks anymore since... when?

So probably yes.

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

Perhaps a Toa of Sonics would be able to manipulate the sounds people hear, and possibly even distort someone's words when a person is speaking. They would also be able to throw off a being's equilibrium, as balance is regulated by a component of the ear.

They might be able to affect balance if they induce some serious vibrations, but I think a Toa of Water could affect our balance much more easily by causing changes in the behavior of the fluids in our ears directly.

Also, if a Toa had enough power, could they take the form of or "become" their respective element, and then reform to their solid mass (ex: Toa of Lightning turning their body into electricity, Toa of Water turning their body into a tidal wave)?

Nope.

Probably, yes. We know of masks designed to morph (adaptive armor Kanohi of Toa Nuva), and it would be rather inconvenient if deformation killed a mask's power. We know physical damage can affect the power of a Mask (the Vahi, Ignika, and Brutaka's Olmak have all shown this), but as long as the structural integrity of a mask isn't affected I would suppose it is possible.

Considering that the MU denizens are bio-mechs and we are told fairly plainly that their eyes and ears are sensors rather than organs, a Toa of Electrcity with a knowledge of how the sensors work could cut-off or overload those senses by affecting any (possible) circuits relevant. Admittedly, they could do the same with us by direct nerve stimulation of relevant brain regions. But, those same sensors could be hit by Toa of Iron as well through manipulation of component pieces, and probably by Toa of Magnetism, who could use magnetic fields to disrupt electrical pathways, or maybe induce currents. I dunno. This is all under the assumption that these sensors are hooked into the brain via wires and not organic pathways that are a bit more difficult to manipulate.

Speaking of organic pathways, Toa Tuyet would be terrifying in our universe. Not afraid to kill, and capable of manipulating the majority component of our bodies...

• Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

stupid question.could a toa use their elemental power to supercharge a kanohi of the same elemental power,supposing masks like that exists?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

stupid question.could a toa use their elemental power to supercharge a kanohi of the same elemental power,supposing masks like that exists?

There are Elemental Masks. And no, I don't think so. Kanohi have been presented as something akin to non-rechargeable batteries storing various kinds of power, though those batteries may last nigh indefinitely.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Perhaps a Toa Hordika could do that with a Rhotuka spinner or one of their special tools.

No the tool is just a melee weapon and focusing point for their rhotuka. The hordika have weaker elemental powers since they can only manifest attacks in rhotuka form.

My favorite idea for kopaka is to super freeze his enemies inside out, turning them brittle as ice and weakening the protodermis enough that he can break his enemies easily with the next attack. Which denies them of being revived after Tahu melt the shards and dries up all moisture from it

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

a really mean person could blind someone with the mask of light or shadows, and watch people blunder themselves to death.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

wow, a lot of people are jumping straight to the idea of killing someone/thign brutally with elemental powers. x:

i personally tihnk soem of the more creative/intrestign uses are the ones that are done to avoid harm to self or others, like using fire to incinerate the opponent's projectiles, that's always neat. since fire is commonly considered an "offensive" or "violent" element, using it defensively is really cool to me. o:

(but maybe in this world, it's kill or be killed....)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

(but maybe in this world, it's kill or be killed....)

Nope. Just the internet and too much Avatar:TLA. The Toa Code specifically prohibits killing.

Fire: Defensive uses like burning projectiles is cool, but consider that you could knock someone out with heatstroke or burning away all the oxygen near them.

Water: could blind someone as well. Wrap a hollow sphere of water around their heads and suddenly they're looking through blur.

Air: Hand blasts? OK, how about fouling up enemy attacks or even trapping them under high winds?