Takanuva is insanely overpowerd

Think about it.

First, he also has some ability over shadow. He can do this by sucking the light out of an area, as we've seen Vakama do it before. He couldn't fire bolts of shadow, unless in his Karda Nui form, but he could create fields of shadow, darken a room, and blind someone.

Also, in theory, he could make it so he almost never naturally dies by having atoms of his vital organs move at the speed of light, and then back to him. Those is a little sketchier, but it still makes some sense.

He also could have superspeed. Running at the speed of light, nothing could outrun him. Who needs a Kakama?

I think there are even more things like this. Tell me what you think and some other overpowers.

Also, in theory, he could make it so he almost never naturally dies by having atoms of his vital organs move at the speed of light, and then back to him. Those is a little sketchier, but it still makes some sense.

He also could have superspeed. Running at the speed of light, nothing could outrun him. Who needs a Kakama?

I think there are even more things like this. Tell me what you think and some other overpowers.

I'm pretty sure he's not a Toa of Space. Moving at light speed is likely to kill him, just from wind "resistance" flaying him alive. Secondly, how does moving his organs at light speed (where to?) not kill him immediately? It might be gone for a second, but that's all you need for a stroke. Finally, Takanuva can't move at light speed. He has control over light, he doesn't have the properties of light. Otherwise Gali would be an unbuildable bunch of melted blue parts.

He can, however, fire lasers from his hands, make visual illusions, and disappear.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Think about it.

First, he also has some ability over shadow. He can do this by sucking the light out of an area, as we've seen Vakama do it before. He couldn't fire bolts of shadow, unless in his Karda Nui form, but he could create fields of shadow, darken a room, and blind someone.

nop..jpg

• Upvote 1

Finally, Takanuva can't move at light speed. He has control over light, he doesn't have the properties of light.

As a Toa, Takanuva controls Light, and wears the Avohkii, Mask of Light. He can create lasers, beams of light, and is experimenting with increased speed and solid light projections.

- Biosector

And light speed is mentioned as one of Light powers.

Welcome to 'canon should be rebuild from the very basics' squad.

• Upvote 2

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

As a Toa, Takanuva controls Light, and wears the Avohkii, Mask of Light. He can create lasers, beams of light, and is experimenting with increased speed and solid light projections.

- Biosector

Increased. Not light speed. Increased speed. I refuse to believe bionicle g1 physics are that soft. Maybe he 'catches' light behind him to go faster, like a turbo.

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I always thought the point of Takanuva is he was the ungainly Matoran who becomes overpowered as the legendary Seventh Toa (an odd title considering there were more than six Toa out there...).

And considering he is overpowered, it is interesting he only features in 2003, 2008, and 2010. Even in 2006, Greg found a way to split Takanuva from the soon to be Inika. For an insanely over powered dude, he didn't get to do much...

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

- Biosector

Increased. Not light speed. Increased speed. I refuse to believe bionicle g1 physics are that soft. Maybe he 'catches' light behind him to go faster, like a turbo.

Maybe like a light sail?

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Wasn't it established that he could theoretically use all of the Av-Matoran powers, which does include (near?) light-speed? But I dunno about moving organs separately from the rest of the body. Even if you could get them out and in again instantly, they might not necessarily be in the right place when you put them back.

Question: Can Taka use these powers on his own, or does he need to be touching another Toa, like the other Av-Matoran do? (*Pictures Takanuva dragging Jaller around by the hand everywhere*)

I think he should be able to to turn invisible given that it's just bending light, but Greg thought that being invisible and shooting lasers was OP. (I don't think it would be all that bad if he couldn't do both at the same time- even Hahli can probably do something similar to that combination with the Faxon)

He has a lot of unused powers, like being able to "turn night into day" (presumably means illuminate a large area of sky, rather than affect a planet's rotation)- though I can't really think of a practical use for that other than playing a really hardcore version of "Night-time, Daytime".

Also, his mask powers- they include being able to produce feelings of peace and trust in other beings. It would have been fascinating to see this in action, complete with obvious moral dilemmas and exploring the limits of it.

You know what's kinda scary? The dark Takanuvas. Because they can presumably still use the light powers of the Avokhii, right? So, they could change their armour colour back to white and gold and walk around looking exactly like normal Takanuva. If someone starts to get suspicious, they can use the mask to get their trust back by force. And any tests along the lines of "Say something only Takanuva would know" would fail because most of them know pretty much everything our Takanuva does.

Side note: You know the sparkly translucent mask that came with the 2003 Takanuva set? According to BS01, that's meant to represent what the mask looks like when used. Takanuva sparkles like a pretty magical princess when he uses his mask- why was this not featured in the story? Why do the books not describe Takanuva majestically twinkling into battle? Such wasted potential...

• Upvote 7

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Wasn't it established that he could theoretically use all of the Av-Matoran powers, which does include (near?) light-speed? But I dunno about moving organs separately from the rest of the body. Even if you could get them out and in again instantly, they might not necessarily be in the right place when you put them back.

Question: Can Taka use these powers on his own, or does he need to be touching another Toa, like the other Av-Matoran do? (*Pictures Takanuva dragging Jaller around by the hand everywhere*)

To quote Takanuva's BS01 page:

Because he was a Matoran of Light, Takanuva has the potential to access all of the Av-Matoran special light-based powers, but only after intense training.

It doesn't say if he needed another Toa to access them. But since he is a Toa, I think he would be able to use them on his own after that intense training.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think he should be able to to turn invisible given that it's just bending light, but Greg thought that being invisible and shooting lasers was OP. (I don't think it would be all that bad if he couldn't do both at the same time- even Hahli can probably do something similar to that combination with the Faxon)

in theory, he could bend light around his armor to make a sort of "camo mode".

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

- Biosector

Maybe like a light sail?

Closest analogue I could think of.

He has a lot of unused powers, like being able to "turn night into day" (presumably means illuminate a large area of sky, rather than affect a planet's rotation)- though I can't really think of a practical use for that other than playing a really hardcore version of "Night-time, Daytime".

Also, his mask powers- they include being able to produce feelings of peace and trust in other beings. It would have been fascinating to see this in action, complete with obvious moral dilemmas and exploring the limits of it.

You know what's kinda scary? The dark Takanuvas. Because they can presumably still use the light powers of the Avokhii, right? So, they could change their armour colour back to white and gold and walk around looking exactly like normal Takanuva. If someone starts to get suspicious, they can use the mask to get their trust back by force. And any tests along the lines of "Say something only Takanuva would know" would fail because most of them know pretty much everything our Takanuva does.

Side note: You know the sparkly translucent mask that came with the 2003 Takanuva set? According to BS01, that's meant to represent what the mask looks like when used. Takanuva sparkles like a pretty magical princess when he uses his mask- why was this not featured in the story? Why do the books not describe Takanuva majestically twinkling into battle? Such wasted potential...

I always wondered what that was and where it came from. But yeah really nice ideas everyone! (Quietly rushes over to the bionicle bin to build an overpowered Toa of light)

Lightspeed- Don't know if Takanuva can really do this without killing himself (and vaporize whatever island he's on :P ) without one or two other abilities that he doesn't have, like intangibility or...

Hologramification (name made up)- Turning into pure light like a hologram. I highly doubt that Takanuva would be able to pull this off as no other Toa can just turn into their respective element. However, if he could, this would make a lot of things rather ineffective on him...

Radiation- While I heard somewhere that Greg specifically stated that Toa of light cannot control radiation, if you're not using an ordinary Toa or your character just has very abnormal light powers, this is plausible.

As for Takanuva being OP, I kinda disagree, but that might just be because most of the fun characters I make are way more powerful. :P

In conclusion, while Takanuva may be powerful... big deal, my light character is more so. This is why I tend to stick with complete fanon. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

He's slightly overpowered, but only because Av-Matoran are overpowered. They can do all sorts of stuff like shoot light bolts, while other Matoran are simply heat resistant, can hold their breath longer, etc. It's because they were "prototypes" for the Matoran race. Those extra abilities carry over to being a Toa.

He also seems overpowered because he has a better chance against a Makuta than other Toa, simply because Makuta are susceptible to elemental Light (though, Takanuva is also susceptible to elemental Shadow, so that kind of evens things out).

• Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Well i wouldn't consider him advanced enough to do things like lightspeed movement. My claim is simple simple he merely has light element but neither he or any Toa have never been true Embodiments of a element in other words Toa have never shown capability of becoming pure energy.

A good example of a pure elemental, would be from the Logia Class Devil Fruit from the one One Piece manga

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Logia

There is even a antagonist character in that manga who posesses the power over the light element, his name is Kizaru Borzolini. However Eiichiro Oda the manga creator specifically made out Kizaru to have a mostly lazy personality to balance out how powerful he is.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Borsalino

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

He also seems overpowered because he has a better chance against a Makuta than other Toa, simply because Makuta are susceptible to elemental Light (though, Takanuva is also susceptible to elemental Shadow, so that kind of evens things out).

Actually, Taka isn't susceptible to elemental Shadow due to some ##### like he isn't purely moral light; as the Makuta only have moral darkness, they're susceptible to elemental Light. According to BS01 Umbra, however, would be weak to Shadow since he only has moral light.

VBWj75sh.png