Voltex

That's all assuming that your character pulled out all of the stops on Araina, however.

Which he probably didn't. ;)

Keep in mind too that whatever the origins of all of the characters, these are entirely new incarnations; this universe has its own canon, its own backstory, and everything has its own reasons. Certain things may mish and mash quite nicely, while others might be amplified or taken away entirely to form a better story.

Who knows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I figured as much. Just speculating. :)

Speculation is always good!

I do enjoy proving people wrong... and also proving them right. :P

witch one more tho

hello.png_thumb.jpg

HEY GUYS WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER NIGHT OF 

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

"The Tale Of A Murderer's Brother" "The Civil War"

Quote Of The Random Time I Feel Like Changing It:

"What Is Dead May Never Die"

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

"I COULD LIVE IF I DON'T DIE" - MITHZAN 2015

he is correct about what i'm asking but i am not his sidekick

hello.png_thumb.jpg

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

witch one more tho

which one of what?

Sorry, the meanings of that which my sidekick says can be confusing at time, I think he means to ask whether you like proving people wrong or right better.

he is correct about what i'm asking but i am not his sidekick

I find there are benefits to both when it comes to writing anything at all.

• Upvote 3

ok

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

Here's a little something to tide you all over until Chapter 3 is ready for release:

---

From Chapter 3: "And Your Enemies Closer"

An Agori of the Jungle Tribe walked up to an imposing fortress built from bricks of the exact same shade as the desert sand that it stood upon. The harsh desert sun beat down on him, although he was shielded from the worst of its heat by the hooded dark green robes wrapped around him. Red eyes gleamed from under the hood; they were all that could be made of the Agori’s face.

As he approached the fortress, and the dark oaken doors barring the way in, two Skrall guards stepped forward, raising their swords and shields threateningly. Arrows buried themselves into the wall of the fortress on either side of each guard’s head, having impaled the stone with frightening accuracy; both Skrall stepped away as the Jungle Agori slowly lowered his bow. The guards did not touch him as he stepped up to the oaken doors and rapped his knuckles upon them twice, the sound echoing both inside the fortress and out into the desert air. After a brief pause, both doors opened inwards, creaking as they did so; as soon as the gap was large enough, the Agori stepped inside, and the doors slammed back shut behind him.

“Good day sir,” the entrance’s lone Matoran guard said, bowing before the Agori. “Your journey was secure?”

“It was indeed Maltik,” the Agori replied, his voice a cold murmur. “Take me to the Father. He and I both dislike delays.”

“Of course, sir. Right this way.”

He followed the Matoran deep into the fortress, until they stood by a door of pure white metal in its heart. The Agori rested a palm against it, admiring the cool metal’s touch for a moment before glancing over his shoulder at the Matoran.

“You are dismissed,” he said quietly. “Return to your post.”

“Yes sir,” Maltik replied, bowing again as he backed away.

Once the Matoran was gone, the Jungle Agori returned his attention to the door, staring at it expectantly. He did not have to wait long; no sooner had Maltik vanished around the corner then the door slid open with a hiss and the Agori stepped inside.

As the door slid shut behind him, the Agori admired the room; bookshelves lined the walls from the floor to the ceiling, filled with texts ranging from the most ancient of times right up to the modern day. Directly across the room from the entrance, a fire crackled within a fireplace of red brick. In the center of the room, two velvet cushions had been placed with the utmost care onto the floor; upon one sat the disfigured form of what most would have assumed was a Po-Matoran; the other cushion remained unoccupied.

“Sit,” said the Po-Matoran, who was facing the fire rather than their visitor; their voice was immensely cold, filled with layer upon layer of sinister intent and silent fury.

The Agori did as ordered, claiming the unoccupied cushion as his own. He waited silently, knowing that the Po-Matoran would face him and begin their meeting in proper as soon as he was ready. Until that moment came, he would meditate and wait. He closed his eyes and bowed his head.

• Upvote 4

Ariana's motivation seems to be -- aside from her current quest -- 'it amused me'. Or at least that's how it seems to everyone that's not her or Bronze. =P

Place your bets here, folks: who's going to be the first to die? My money is on either Marako (since I doubt most of the team will want to protect him), Bronze (considering how naïve he is, I wouldn't be too surprised if he got caught in any crossfire), or Sirien (similar reasoning to Maroko due to her personality, along with the fact she appears to be unarmed).

-Inferna

Ariana's motivation seems to be -- aside from her current quest -- 'it amused me'. Or at least that's how it seems to everyone that's not her or Bronze. =P

Place your bets here, folks: who's going to be the first to die? My money is on either Marako (since I doubt most of the team will want to protect him), Bronze (considering how naïve he is, I wouldn't be too surprised if he got caught in any crossfire), or Sirien (similar reasoning to Maroko due to her personality, along with the fact she appears to be unarmed).

-Inferna

I'm looking forward to the cast dropping like flies :evilgrin:

Or perhaps I have done something different for a change, and shall attempt to keep the characters alive...

• Upvote 2

I wonder if the ruby pyrosword belonged to Tahu. If so, where did he go? A shiny O.P. demigod like that just doesn't disappear.

A Skrall patrol eh? Anything Skrall-related has my attention. Why do I find warmongers so interesting?

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I wonder if the ruby pyrosword belonged to Tahu. If so, where did he go? A shiny O.P. demigod like that just doesn't disappear.

A Skrall patrol eh? Anything Skrall-related has my attention. Why do I find warmongers so interesting?

You'll learn the origins of the sword in due time...

Another good chapter. Not as action packed as the last one, but it didn't need to be. It got the final pieces in place for the adventure to begin, and it did this in an interesting way.

I have no idea who will be the first to fall. My best guess would be Bronze, because I don't see The Mayor, Smoke Monster, or Sventola being killed off this soon. Sirien could bite the dust too, but I really like her character and I don't want to die yet. :P

A real shocking death would be Araina dying in the next chapter. but I highly doubt that would happen since if she died, the other members would probably abandon the quest. So I think she's safe for now.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

A real shocking death would be Araina dying in the next chapter. but I highly doubt that would happen since if she died, the other members would probably abandon the quest. So I think she's safe for now.

That's a possibility. Never thought of that, since she's the Gandalf of the group ... then again, Gandalf did get separated while dealing with the Balrog.

I imagine that if she did die, the only reason that the others would continue the quest would be either being too far from home, or realizing just how high the stakes are if they don't finish what was started. Either is possible.

-Inferna

Another good chapter. Not as action packed as the last one, but it didn't need to be. It got the final pieces in place for the adventure to begin, and it did this in an interesting way.

I have no idea who will be the first to fall. My best guess would be Bronze, because I don't see The Mayor, Smoke Monster, or Sventola being killed off this soon. Sirien could bite the dust too, but I really like her character and I don't want to die yet. :P

I will say that at least one team member's death has been planned from the very beginning, and I have flip-flopped on at least three others.

Likewise, one member will be making it through all of this no matter what.

(Unless plans change... which they might).

That's a possibility. Never thought of that, since she's the Gandalf of the group ... then again, Gandalf did get separated while dealing with the Balrog.

I imagine that if she did die, the only reason that the others would continue the quest would be either being too far from home, or realizing just how high the stakes are if they don't finish what was started. Either is possible.

-Inferna

Death flags for everyone!

YOU get a death flag and YOU get a death flag, we all get death flaaaaags!

• Upvote 1

i don't think that bronze will die because while everyone else only took down one person he took down 2 by kicking them in the shins

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

i know i just mean in the next chapter

hey when is the next chapter coming out

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

• 2 weeks later...

i know i just mean in the next chapter

hey when is the next chapter coming out

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

the next chapter will come once I have finished it.

I hate it when people ask that, huge emphasis on the word 'hate'. I see it all the time, be it mods, art, or YouTube videos.

Let the author/creator take their time! Better to have quality than quantity.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

ya well i don't feel so hot about you either right now

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

ya well i don't feel so hot about you either right now

No need to get all up in arms about it; he was simply noting his lack of patience for, well, impatience :)

What he says is true; better to have more quality than quantity, although my somewhat slow posting rate with chapters is also due to a lack of time at my disposal.

• Upvote 1

ok

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

Here's a little teaser from Chapter Four: "Share Your Story":

Pain spiked throughout Sirien’s body as she slowly awoke, rubbing at her eyes. The pain slowly faded away into the dull aches that she had become accustomed to, and she slowly sat up, grimacing at the sound of her hands squelching in the muck. The Ce-Matoran tried to wipe some of it off of her armor, but the task was fruitless.

“And on the third day, she rose again.”

The voice came from her right; she ignored it and did not respond, for it was not a voice that belonged to anyone else on the team.

“My name is Iaredios Paerkenon,” the voice continued. “No doubt you have heard my name at some point, tied to my rather… controversial methods of keeping the histories. Might you share your own name with me?”

She glanced at him; the infamous Iaredios Paerkenon, the renowned historian… who was also half-Agori and half-Skrall. While he had been accepted by the rest of the Ice Tribe, the historian’s struggles to be accepted by either of the races he was a cross between was common knowledge.

“Jail cell is an odd place to find you,” she sniped. “You anger the wrong person?”

“You still have not told me your name,” the historian continued, sounding calm. “Could I perhaps have that, at the very least?”

“…Sirien.”

“Sirien…” the historian seemed to be rolling the name on his tongue, feeling it. “A fine name for a craftsman. You… made weaponry, correct? During the wars, you served under the Shadowed One.”

She glanced over at him; the historian’s sand blue skin was visible beneath his ragged brown robes, and she could make out brands on his chest and shoulder; if the rumors were to be believed, the brands depicted a maze constructed by the Great Beings hidden far to the north, beyond where any being had yet travelled.

“You’ve heard of me,” she said, rubbing at her sore throat.

“Of course,” the half-Agori replied, shrugging. “I have always prided myself on my knowledge of history.”

“Weren’t you… in charge of some sort of group? Dedicated to recording every piece of history not yet written down, and then some?”

“I was,” the historian said quietly. “But I am afraid that there are those who would rather see those of my order and I silenced, rather than risk everyone knowing the truth.”

“The truth about what?”

“If I told you, they would triple our guard, if not outright execute us both on the spot,” Iaredios replied, shaking his head. “Let us make an exchange. Tell me how you were captured, and in return, I shall offer you the knowledge that is most prudent to your quest.”

Sirien shrugged; it was as much as she was going to get. “It’s not very interesting. Stopped in the same place for too long and got caught by a Skrall patrol.”

“Oh come now,” the historian shook his head, chuckling softly. “We both know that it is far more interesting than that. Do tell.”

• Upvote 2

yes i agree i personally like bronze's backstory but i would like to know more about what happened to bronze and Araina before they got to the city

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

I gotta admit, 'tis pretty cool to see myself in someone else's work. Difficult to admit as well, I have a thing about keeping humility in check, and finding it cool to see myself somewhere kind of feels like self-absorption ...but I can't deny that it's pretty cool. Haha, I can't help but laugh at myself at just how ridiculous that is. :lol:

A group of record keepers, eh? I wonder what they called themselves, if the group even had a name. And I wonder what I did this time... :P

Not sure how you would implement this into my character, but though I try to uphold truth, I find myself to be a pretty good liar. Don't like doing that that though, because it's dishonest (aherpaderpnodurr).

I have a slight problem though. Iaredios seemed a tad posh... wassup with that? "Oh hello m'lady. Have you heard of me? Of course you have, i am Iaredios Paerkenon! Historian extraordinaire! [insert_posh_laugh_here]" ...Maybe I misread it? Misreading and mishearing stuff is unfortunately common with me, causes fruitless fights and misunderstandings aplenty.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Oooooh....

I think giving you free reign over our character's backstories was the best thing that could happen. =P

-Inferna

Good to hear :P

yes i agree i personally like bronze's backstory but i would like to know more about what happened to bronze and Araina before they got to the city

That might be possible, although it was mostly just wandering.

I gotta admit, 'tis pretty cool to see myself in someone else's work. Difficult to admit as well, I have a thing about keeping humility in check, and finding it cool to see myself somewhere kind of feels like self-absorption ...but I can't deny that it's pretty cool. Haha, I can't help but laugh at myself at just how ridiculous that is. :lol:

A group of record keepers, eh? I wonder what they called themselves, if the group even had a name. And I wonder what I did this time... :P

Not sure how you would implement this into my character, but though I try to uphold truth, I find myself to be a pretty good liar. Don't like doing that that though, because it's dishonest (aherpaderpnodurr).

I have a slight problem though. Iaredios seemed a tad posh... wassup with that? "Oh hello m'lady. Have you heard of me? Of course you have, i am Iaredios Paerkenon! Historian extraordinaire! [insert_posh_laugh_here]" ...Maybe I misread it? Misreading and mishearing stuff is unfortunately common with me, causes fruitless fights and misunderstandings aplenty.

I sorta pictured your character as being just about as verbose, intellectual, and witty as possible to combat anyone racist towards him, since most of them would be less intelligent than him. So I guess him sounding a bit 'posh' is intentional, yes. =P

• Upvote 2

Ah alright, sounds fine. Just don't make 'em sound too rude now! :D I try to be chivalrous (not always the case though being the admittedly awkward dude that I am) and say sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings; except the extreme case where i feel I am absolutely correct and tell people to get over it (like with facts), and that's only with people I am close too. Doing that to strangers or acquaintances is messed up. IRL I have been known to be unintentionally rude from my social awkwardness (stems from my condition of having Asperger's Syndrome), so you could use that, but if I catch it I will either apologize or mentally chastize myself while not saying anything.

EDIT: I'll stop with the attempted 'help' and just let you write out what you had planned. I apologize if I was a bother.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

happy leap year

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

Okay  :)

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

interesting but no one died

i mean except for the titan but no one on the team died like you said

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

Great chapter, as always. I am curious about how Artakha became gold when before he was a greenish color (sort of like aged copper) as well as to the purpose behind his death. I like the depiction of my persona, being calm and collective but not cold, I hope that when the setting is less dire that Iaredios can show his more relaxed mood (silly yet reasonable). By the way, nice easter egg there. :)

Now, let us best the arena like John Carter of Mars, be hoppin' about smashing people and monsters with both fist and chain before he makes due his escape! Nah, but that's what I thought of when I read the part about the arena. :P

I don't think she meant that that stuff will occur immediately. In time, all will unfold.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Well then. The team has definitely fallen out of the frying pan, I think =P

A shame that Arkhata died. I imagine that as a (former) crafter, Sirien's rather concerned about that (and the fact his mask's been taken).

I've still got money down on Bronze dying first, in the arena or outside it (since we're yet to see any combat skills from him), though it would greatly amuse me if he was talking the ear off his captors and driving them nuts. "Why won't he shut up!? =P

-Inferna

We do have a lack of dead people at the moment.

That will be changing quite soon.

Great chapter, as always. I am curious about how Artakha became gold when before he was a greenish color (sort of like aged copper) as well as to the purpose behind his death. I like the depiction of my persona, being calm and collective but not cold, I hope that when the setting is less dire that Iaredios can show his more relaxed mood (silly yet reasonable). By the way, nice easter egg there. :)

Now, let us best the arena like John Carter of Mars, be hoppin' about smashing people and monsters with both fist and chain before he makes due his escape! Nah, but that's what I thought of when I read the part about the arena. :P

I don't think she meant that that stuff will occur immediately. In time, all will unfold.

Spot on. All will be folded out in time.

Well then. The team has definitely fallen out of the frying pan, I think =P

A shame that Arkhata died. I imagine that as a (former) crafter, Sirien's rather concerned about that (and the fact his mask's been taken).

I've still got money down on Bronze dying first, in the arena or outside it (since we're yet to see any combat skills from him), though it would greatly amuse me if he was talking the ear off his captors and driving them nuts. "Why won't he shut up!? =P

-Inferna

I don't know if I could kill off Bronze. His character is so naively optimistic; I'd hate to rip that down...

• Upvote 1