If Bionicle Comes Back, What Will Happen To Bzpower?

fishers64

As it stands, BIONICLE has a number of forums, the server still has its moments of obesity, and official topics are still around. So nothing there would change.The forums would have to be realigned again, because Hero Factory would be canceled by then, but other than that, I don't see BZP being much different if that happened.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

A lot more active, no doubt. I don't see it decreasing if it came back.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Well, there probably be new topics about the new sets and storyline. (And some members will probably put 'I knew Bionicle would come back!' in their sigs. :P) Otherwise, I don't think it would change too much.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't know, and besides, I most likely won't be here anymore

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

Forum rearrangements to accommodate the change, not to mention a significant amount of new members.

• Upvote 1

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Well, all of the pointless "BZPower is dying" conversation would end, and there would be a ton of speculation about the future of the story once again. However, there would be a bunch of noobs coming in, though that could be a good thing for the future of the site. Everybody on this site was a noob at least once after all.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

A surge of noobs will run down BZPower. And there'll be more set reveiws and activity.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

There will be more new members, and more activity, but I don't expect any major change otherwise. Frankly, people will still disagree about many things, just as they did before BIONICLE ended. Some people still feel BIONICLE should have ended in 2003, or even 2001. So it's only natural that people would feel the same way about its 2010 conclusion and whether or not it should have come back. Some people would like the new sets, others would not. Some people would like the new story, others would not. That's not going to change.There might be more creative activity here, just by virtue of having new subject material to depict.The biggest negative change I would worry about is the BIONICLE community once again becoming insular and losing sight of LEGO projects outside of BIONICLE. I've liked how the "new" BZPower has a wider range of focus, and I would hope that BIONICLE coming back wouldn't make that go away.

There will be more new members, and more activity, but I don't expect any major change otherwise. Frankly, people will still disagree about many things, just as they did before BIONICLE ended. Some people still feel BIONICLE should have ended in 2003, or even 2001. So it's only natural that people would feel the same way about its 2010 conclusion and whether or not it should have come back. Some people would like the new sets, others would not. Some people would like the new story, others would not. That's not going to change.There might be more creative activity here, just by virtue of having new subject material to depict.The biggest negative change I would worry about is the BIONICLE community once again becoming insular and losing sight of LEGO projects outside of BIONICLE. I've liked how the "new" BZPower has a wider range of focus, and I would hope that BIONICLE coming back wouldn't make that go away.

I think this would be the first to go. Bionicle is one of the best projects, if not the best, project that Lego has ever made, and it is the most extensive. Right now we are resorting to discussing other projects to keep the forums alive, but I think once Bionicle comes back, we may not even have the time or the server space to discuss other stuff in the wake of all the new Bionicle stuff.

As it stands, BIONICLE has a number of forums, the server still has its moments of obesity, and official topics are still around. So nothing there would change.The forums would have to be realigned again, because Hero Factory would be canceled by then, but other than that, I don't see BZP being much different if that happened.

I'm talking about what it was like the first time I was on the old forums, where practically every topic made was closed and redirected to an official topic about 200 pages long. Most of the official topics are in sets, and a couple in S&T regarding current serials. What I could imagine is like it was before with hundreds of topics being made, the server crashing, the moderators redeclaring long-dead official topics to control the new demand, and reference topics being created to catch up all the noobs who want to know more.

Not much would change. Maybe more new members? Less negativity towards Bionicle? More activity? A 'Bring Back Hero Factory' group?

Sadly, this would be hilarious!

I think this would be the first to go. Bionicle is one of the best projects, if not the best, project that Lego has ever made, and it is the most extensive. Right now we are resorting to discussing other projects to keep the forums alive, but I think once Bionicle comes back, we may not even have the time or the server space to discuss other stuff in the wake of all the new Bionicle stuff.
That's a matter of opinion, though. Even when BIONICLE was still around there were people here who hadn't enjoyed the sets or story for years. If BIONICLE were to come back, there would be some people who would be receptive to it and some who would continue to prefer older themes. It's possible that the influx of new members would drown out those members who saw BIONICLE as "just another theme", but that would depend heavily on a revived BIONICLE being as huge a phenomenon as it was when it first began, which IMO isn't a guarantee.BIONICLE was an amazing project in that it was a truly inspired and imaginative theme at a time when LEGO was not doing too well financially. But that doesn't make it their biggest or most influential project of all time. Ninjago has been an incredible hit with kids, just as BIONICLE was in 2001. LEGO City has been incredibly successful for years without even needing a strong story component. LEGO Star Wars helped to pave the road for BIONICLE by showing that there was a strong demand for heavily story-based themes.The thing I worry about is BIONICLE fans once again becoming insular and dismissing other themes as unimportant. I feel it was this idea that gave many fans the mistaken idea that BIONICLE was somehow more valuable than other LEGO themes and that TLG would suffer financially if they ended it. As it is, BIONICLE was groundbreaking, but once new ground has been broken, anything can grow or build on it-- not just the thing that originally broke the ground in the first place.

That's a matter of opinion, though. Even when BIONICLE was still around there were people here who hadn't enjoyed the sets or story for years. If BIONICLE were to come back, there would be some people who would be receptive to it and some who would continue to prefer older themes. It's possible that the influx of new members would drown out those members who saw BIONICLE as "just another theme", but that would depend heavily on a revived BIONICLE being as huge a phenomenon as it was when it first began, which IMO isn't a guarantee.BIONICLE was an amazing project in that it was a truly inspired and imaginative theme at a time when LEGO was not doing too well financially. But that doesn't make it their biggest or most influential project of all time. Ninjago has been an incredible hit with kids, just as BIONICLE was in 2001. LEGO City has been incredibly successful for years without even needing a strong story component. LEGO Star Wars helped to pave the road for BIONICLE by showing that there was a strong demand for heavily story-based themes.The thing I worry about is BIONICLE fans once again becoming insular and dismissing other themes as unimportant. I feel it was this idea that gave many fans the mistaken idea that BIONICLE was somehow more valuable than other LEGO themes and that TLG would suffer financially if they ended it. As it is, BIONICLE was groundbreaking, but once new ground has been broken, anything can grow or build on it-- not just the thing that originally broke the ground in the first place.
Pretty much all Lego themes except Bionicle can be dismissed story-wise.- 55555

Actually, that's a matter of pure opinion. I say that even Bionicle can be dismissed story-wise, because its story was never all that good, IMO. But it's only my opinion, it's not fact. Other people may say that simple, basic stories, like Exo-Force, were really good. In this particular example, Exo-Force succeeded in story IMO because it was one of those cases where there was a great style and little substance because there was little necessary substance. On the other hand, BIONICLE's greatest success was at the same time its downfall - namely, the extent to which the world managed to develop - so, if we would say that success is when you achieve your goals, a lot of Lego lines did better at that than Bionicle.-Dovydas

Not true. Exo-Force had an excellent story. Knight's Kingdom also had an excellent story. Currently, LEGO has two good story themes: Hero Factory and Ninjago. Ninjago in particular is shaping up to have a story just as epic as Bionicle (if a bit less complicated and serious).Additionally, after BIONICLE ended I grew to appreciate LEGO's stories in less story-based themes. Agents clearly had a story, and you didn't need to watch any videos or read books or comics to figure it out. The story was self-evident in the set design, with scenarios to act out in a clear order with vibrant characters. It doesn't take an invented language and complex terminology to make a good story. Sometimes all you need is a protagonist, an antagonist, and a setting, and the story writes itself.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm going to take a risk and assume you're serious and not just trolling. What makes BIONICLE so special, from a story perspective, that any other LEGO theme's story can be dismissed? Is it its epicness, or its complexity, or its amazing world-building? There exist lots of celebrated books and movies that lack any of these things. To say any book or movie that lacks these qualities "can be dismissed story-wise" would be just snobbish and narrow-minded. Why then is it OK to say the same thing about a multimedia franchise like BIONICLE or Ninjago? Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'm talking about what it was like the first time I was on the old forums, where practically every topic made was closed and redirected to an official topic about 200 pages long. Most of the official topics are in sets, and a couple in S&T regarding current serials. What I could imagine is like it was before with hundreds of topics being made, the server crashing, the moderators redeclaring long-dead official topics to control the new demand, and reference topics being created to catch up all the noobs who want to know more.
Would you rather have larger topics covering logical swaths of the story, or a quagmire of topics on the same general subject, and in every subject? In the latter scenario, you'd have mayhem that's not confined to a topic or two - it'd be the entire forum. Legitimate questions or theories, then, have the potential to be completely ignored under the mass of new topics and be blasted off the front page faster than an unintelligent Brakas monkey who was stupid enough to stick his fuzzy tail in a pool of lava.And by the way, official topics can't "die". That's why they're official - not to mention the fact that, on the old forums, there was an official topics directory - pinned, so one could easily use the search function in your browser to find what you wanted.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg