The Emeraude Magus

This is the third character in a small series I've started. The premise is simple: how many cool looking MOCs can I create using only 2 colors: black and trans green. All of their names will feature the French word "Emeraude", which means emerald.

This is the Emeraude Magus, and as you can imagine, he is a mage-type character. He is able to harness the Power of Emeraude, and focus it into spheres for a variety of purposes. The spheres are mentally controlled, and can fly towards their target at very high speeds. They can explode like missiles, be shaped into bladed harpoons, scattered into a swarm of smaller spheres, or even meshed into a net to capture their prey. He has also used them as drone-like spies to provide recon about enemy forces.

It's not really known how many the Magus can have active at once, but various reports seem to indicate that he can manage at least ten spheres at the same time.

His mace consists of 8 Emeraude Force blades which can be jettisoned with tremendous force up to about medium range.

24292812446_b982f58e97_z.jpg

24292812536_b5fa382d02_z.jpg

23692150763_05fa7ebce7_z.jpg

24023382750_97eabd2564_z.jpg

24023382950_5539b36d1e_z.jpg

24236461331_2d71b047ba_z.jpg

Back shot. . .

24292812286_44535cb385_z.jpg

Mace. . . 

23951170219_f0fca6c5b8_z.jpg

Edited by BlackboltJohnson
  • Upvote 8

Intriguing. I love the legs and feet, totally awesome use of Visorak feet, Vahki heads and an original one for those av-toran limbs. You really captured the magician look, especially thanks to the back...thing. It took me some time to realize what it was meant to be...I know it now, though I don't know how to call it. Hands look big, but that's the only 'flaw' I can find.

Thanks El-P.  His hands and feet are pretty exaggerated in terms of size.  The other characters in this set have similarly oversized proportions too.  So my hope is that when I create the team shot of all them together, they'll all have a stylized, cartoonish look that's cohesive.  I've got a few more to build though, so it'll be a while before I create the team shot.

Just as an aside, any suggestions for what type of background I should use for the group photo?  It's got to be something with strong contrast between the black and trans-green, I know that much.

Nice work man-lovely use of the Hunter Mask, and a great combination of parts.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge