Matoro Mahri Cartoon Animated Style

Vezon shall Return

I haven't been on here for a very long time... but I just drew this today on my Wacom pad, and it's not my best drawing, but hey it only took about 2 hours. I don't even care to fix his legs that I drew a little too long... but oh well. lol

I was also listening to this Undertale soundtrack while drawing, it's from a surprisingly good rpg. "Hopes and Dreams" and "His Theme" made me think of Matoro, and his story. Anyway.I've been going through a lot the past several months, and it's been pretty hard, but haven't drawn anything in a long time. So it's good to feel nostalgic, and reminds me of a much... simpler time. Well, I guess enjoy this little bit of artwork everyone.

matoro_mahri_by_doubleshadowx01-d9nr0dz.

http://doubleshadowx01.deviantart.com/art/Matoro-Mahri-584086967

• Upvote 2

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

There's no way that position can be healthy for his neck. :P The image shows him from the back, but his head looks like it's facing more towards the viewer, in a position that should not be possible. Turning the head so the eye and moth can't be seen would fix this.

Other than that, I love this! It's simplistic, but it works! Good coloring, nice shading, and the overall style is very nicely done.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

There's no way that position can be healthy for his neck. :P The image shows him from the back, but his head looks like it's facing more towards the viewer, in a position that should not be possible. Turning the head so the eye and moth can't be seen would fix this.

Other than that, I love this! It's simplistic, but it works! Good coloring, nice shading, and the overall style is very nicely done.

Well, thanks, my own style is suppose to reflect a more organic sort of feel a little bit like the original three movies, but if it were more an animated cartoon. As for the head... well it's probably not the most perfect perspective, but technically he's suppose to be looking 90-95 degrees to his left if you were looking at above and his back was still facing south.

I'm not 100% on the exact volume of his mask is in the style I am using, if I were to turn it in the correct perspective, unless I modeled a 3d head and mask and turned it in the correct angle to make sure. Because I don't normally draw from that angle. But the same can be said about pretty much the rest of his body as well. Especially the legs, I just drew them too long in the sketch and didn't notice until after I finished coloring. 

There's no way that position can be healthy for his neck. :P

I dunno, my neck can move like that.

It looks nice, I especially like what you did with the Cordak.

Yeah, I think I can turn my head like that too, but it would be uncomfortable for a long period of time... lol But there might also be a perspective issue too in the drawing, but I don't know for sure. It was a quickly drawn artwork, so it does have technical mistakes. 

I liked how the Cordak turned out, and the barrel of the gun was a little more abstract in the compared to the rest of the drawing which seems to fit I think with the style.

• Upvote 1

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif