Giant Plot Hole!

ksprice45

Recently i have been watching al the ninjago episodes over again. The continuity is really good all the way up to episode S02 E06 "wrong place, wrong time" Where all sorts of stuff gets messed up. The biggest example is when Garmadon loses his mega weapon that SHOULD cause lloyd to be a kid again, because he would have never made the grundle come back and therefore the aging tea would have never been used. SO LLOYD SHOULD BE YOUNG, but at the end of the episode he is older than he should be. Another example is in the very next episode Skales is talking about how weak Garmadon is without his megaweapon, but Lloyd didn't remember garmadons megaweapon, so Skales shouldn't either. I really liked this episode when it first came out, but watching aloft time since 2012 has made me realize that this episode is one of ninjagos worst. I know that some of the newer seasons don't have as good as continuity ( nothing is as bad as chimas fire and ice) but i feel like this really should have been cancelled and they should have found a better way for garmadon to lose his megaweapon ( Maybe the ninja make him drop it in the temple of fire volcano, and since that wouldn't be hot enough to melt it the nindroids could retrieve it from the bottom of the volcano instead of going to space, just an idea) This is just my opinion tell me what you think.

Ninjago has been full of continuity issues since 2012. The biggest being Lloyd's existence (Lloyd is 14 but it's made very clear by Sensei Wu's age that decades had gone by since Garmadon went evil. But Garmadon was supposedly in a relationship with Lloyd's mother prior to going evil which means Lloyd must have been born decades earlier). Lego seem to handle Ninjago's story very differently to bionicle. With bionicle Greg would write some big complicated story to tie everything together whilst with ninjago the writers just ignore the plot holes and continue going. 

It's time to move on.

Yeah, I had a hard time wrapping my brain around how the events of that episode worked out as well. Best I can figure is that destroying the mega-weapon in the past using the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu simply cancelled out the whole time-travel adventure. So everything up to the day before Garmadon created the time portal still happened. And the only reason Lloyd didn't know about the mega-weapon while Skales did is that prior to that episode, he hadn't actually seen Garmadon using it.

Even this explanation is a bit contrived and not at all obvious from the events of the episode, but it's what makes the most sense to me based on what we saw during and after that episode. If this is what the writers intended they should have made it a lot clearer. But time-travel episodes tend to be a bit screwy in general so it doesn't surprise me that Ninjago's time travel episode ended up tripping up the writers more than any other.

• Upvote 1

Ninjago seems to have a very.... lax sense of continuity, thigns happen, the ninja solve them, any side effects are unquestioned and may occasinally idssapear into a gaping plot wound before it hastily seals itself up over the object in question, leaving numerous plot-cysts in its wake...

idk where i was going with that but the point is, i love Ninjago for this reason.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png