What do you do with your older sets?

Kid Icarus

With the new 2016 sets out, I'm not sure what I want to do with my older 2015 sets. The only sets I have anymore are all G2, so at the moment they're all out on display. All of the 2015 sets are sitting on a shelf low to the ground in one corner of my room while the Toa are sitting on a bookshelf with the creatures. 

I've debated taking them apart, but for some reason I get really anal about what piece was originally where. For example, it irks me if I take Kopaka's left leg's back armour and put it on the right leg. No idea why I'm so OCD like that, but that's something that's just been happening with these G2 sets, lol. So lately I'm debating if I should take all the older villains and Toa apart and put them in a box; knowing that I'll have no idea which torso is Pohatu's or Gali's or which arm piece belongs where.

My OCD aside, what are you guys doing with the older Toa and villain models now that the new ones are here?

I've stored all 2015 sets away except for the Toa. I found that while last year was a pretty solid year for sets, there was a bit of a problem I had with a lot of them; top-heaviness. It was for that reason and the fact that I had to make room for newer sets that I disassembled them and placed them all in a nice and cozy container under my bed. They look pretty delicious as a partially transparent pile of parts.   

I'll probably keep all of this year's sets up on my shelves because they don't have that problem due to the new torso piece having the function, and not the gearbox that juts out from their torsos.

I have an old VHS storage cabinet that is covered in several G1 sets (I collected from 2001-2007) with G2 sets on top of the cabinet. G1 sets not on display are stored in their canisters. Large Bionicle sets are stored on the floor or cabinets of my "Lego Closet" a walk in closet that mostly stores my System sets (there is even some Galidor in there if you look for it!)

Disassembled sets float around in parts bins. The only dissambled Bionicle sets I have though are the Boxor, the Manas, a few Bohrok, the blue Nui-Jaga, and Pohatu Nuva.

Here is a Brickshelf file which shows part of my collection. I don't have a full photo of the VHS cabinet, but there is one showing just my red Bionicle sets in a group photo at the base of the VHS cabinet. I should upload a photo of the entire cabinet soon: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=561341

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Keep them, for Mata Nui's sake. 
Those things were my child-hood, and ditching them for my lame MOCS is about the stupidest thing I could ever do.

• Upvote 1
__________                                                   __                \______   \______  _  __ ___________  _____ _____    _______/  |_  ___________  |     ___/  _ \ \/ \/ // __ \_  __ \/     \\__  \  /  ___/\   __\/ __ \_  __ \ |    |  (  <_> )     /\  ___/|  | \/  Y Y  \/ __ \_\___ \  |  | \  ___/|  | \/ |____|   \____/ \/\_/  \___  >__|  |__|_|  (____  /____  > |__|  \___  >__|                               \/            \/     \/     \/            \/       

.•°•.The Eviscerator.•°•.

Step one: Put all sets in a small row boat.

Step two: Fill said boat with wood and other flammable materials.

Step three: Launch boat with sets, wood, and other materials out into the nearest bay.

Step Four: Listen to

as I shoot the boat with a flaming arrow and watch it sink into the water.

Step Five: Film it and post it on Youtube for profit!  :dollarsign:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :P

I actually don't know what I'm doing with my sets yet. I have them all sort of on display, and I guess I'm leave them as is for right now.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

As I mentioned earlier, my VHS cabinet and "Canister Row" now with full photos.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6359134

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6359136

("This file is not yet public.")

With the exceptions of (one of my) Kopaka '15 and Ekimu, I think I'm going to take apart the 2015 sets and put them in a box. Then I'm going to shake the box for good measure so I'll get over my OCD issues with which arm part belongs on whose arm. I still have all of my booklets so if I want Pohatu or Tahu again later I'll have them. I don't really care to have the Skull Villains assembled since I mostly wanted those sets for their infected masks. And Kulta Kal is a little less impressive now that Umarak is out with his digitigrade feet. Making Kulta Kal feel less special. 

With the new 2016 sets out, I'm not sure what I want to do with my older 2015 sets. The only sets I have anymore are all G2, so at the moment they're all out on display. All of the 2015 sets are sitting on a shelf low to the ground in one corner of my room while the Toa are sitting on a bookshelf with the creatures. 

I've debated taking them apart, but for some reason I get really anal about what piece was originally where. For example, it irks me if I take Kopaka's left leg's back armour and put it on the right leg. No idea why I'm so OCD like that, but that's something that's just been happening with these G2 sets, lol. So lately I'm debating if I should take all the older villains and Toa apart and put them in a box; knowing that I'll have no idea which torso is Pohatu's or Gali's or which arm piece belongs where.

My OCD aside, what are you guys doing with the older Toa and villain models now that the new ones are here?

Eh, you should take them apart, in time you might make a MOC, a creation completely your own to be OCD over.

I went out and got a tackle box so I could organize the pieces. I figured it would be easier to build things if I gave the separate armor lengths and the axles and pins their own home instead of mixing everything together. 

Unfortunately, I only have one set taken apart and the tackle box is already half full. And the set that's taken apart is Speeda Demon, which I bought because I thought I could use it's armour and parts for the Toa. I never realized I could have to many pins and spikes from extra parts alone. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Display your old Bionicle sets. I display all of my Bionicle sets. Including my 2015 sets as well as my 2001-2003 sets and 2007-2010 sets. That's all the years I own sets from.

Kopaka is my favorite Toa, and always will be.

My YouTube Channel!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCwVIVUxepncP8Ywv8F5DDvg

Meet the Toa Enta!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21626-toa-enta-mocs/

I keep them fully built, but then put them in a Ziploc bag with their instructions, and put those into storage bins. That way, I don't lose track of the pieces, and if i want to play with or display them again, they are easily accessible. It also helps with keeping track of their accessories, like the gold masks and skull spiders from last year. Gallon sized bags can hold almost any of the sets without taking them apart (though I did have to remove the horns from Skull Smasher and the legs from Skull Scorpio).

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I store them, take some for parts, and still play with them. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do. I mostly use CCBS now, but since I'm planning on having kids in the future (HAHA FUNNY IKR) I wanna keep them, even though I could probably get good money for a few of them.

I've had that realization before- my collection is worth several thousand dollars, even in used condition. But for whatever reason (I love them <3) I could never sell them. I want my children to share my joy! ;)

• Upvote 1

bouhjie

• 3 weeks later...

The original kaita masks (Toa Mata), Pohatua Mata, Kopaka Mata, Zaktan, and Jaller Mahri all sit on a shelf attached to a desk in my room. They share their space with a Galilean thermostat (why do I have this, I can't even read it), a slightly outdated globe, Yoda, a clonetrooper pencil top, Maggie Simpson minifig, bad Egyptian hieroglyphics of my initials, and Iron Man. Oh, and dust. Plenty of dust. All of my other sets sit in a bin off to the corner, awaiting for the one time I mess with them every six months.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 1 month later...

I have so many shelves and plastic tubs filled with just my old bionicle sets. I'll probably just rent some kind of a storage unit for them one day if I don't have the space. I doubt I could part with them.

I'd advise against tubs though, because they always just turn assembled sets into a mess of parts on their own after a few years.

oranges are cool