Mata Nui's last decision

But I do have to admit; that idea would be somewhat plausible.

I'd agree with you, but if TTL wants to jump on that and claim I now want a connection, I'll borrow Axonn's weapon and beat him off. That wouldn't be subtle or keep in line with established G2, but it could work. Even if it does still kinda make new kids wonder "who's mata nui and why is that important?" Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

• 3 weeks later...

I believed the explanation Greg gave was as follows: Mata Nui's mission to observe other worlds was so he could learn how to prevent another internal conflict like the one that caused the Shattering from happening again. In the worlds he visited, a reoccurring problem would be that large groups of people would all rally behind a single revered individual. Their faith would inevitably prove to be misplaced, even when the leaders didn't turn into dictators, and the civilization would undergo societal collapse. Mata Nui knew in order to fulfill his final mission and give the people of his two worlds a chance to build a better future together, he had to retreat within the Ignika and remain silent, observing his people, and then perhaps one day, when they needed him most, he would return. Before he did, he asked them to find the Great Beings, which was the primary mission of one of the two unfinished story serials.

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

That actually has some basis in fact; history shows the worst time for a new kingdom or organization is under the second ruler; everyone believes in the first ruler, or the kingdom would never have begun. By the third, tradition can hold the people together. A weak second can actually ruin everything the first built. Though Mata Nui's functionally immortal, he'd have to either rule for all of time, or let them build something on their own that he could return into.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That actually has some basis in fact; history shows the worst time for a new kingdom or organization is under the second ruler; everyone believes in the first ruler, or the kingdom would never have begun. By the third, tradition can hold the people together. A weak second can actually ruin everything the first built. Though Mata Nui's functionally immortal, he'd have to either rule for all of time, or let them build something on their own that he could return into.

Great examples being: Serbian Empire, Turkish Republic (Ataturk was a cool guy, successors not so much), USSR, Aurelian Dynasty of the Roman Empire, and technically the 'Makedonian Empire' (Phillip II conquered Greece, his son Alexander III went on a rampage across southwest Asia and left behind chaos and wars that would last until the rise of Rome and Parthia). And wanting to rule for all of time so he can guide his creation, didn't the first emperor of Qin/Chin want to do that, even recruiting explorers to find a vial of immortality?

Awwh yeah, gettin' our history on down in dis house! Yeeeah boyyy!

tumblr_lkhx7jUcgF1qayisv.gif

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I liken it to the ending of Xenoblade:

At the end of that game, the main character Shulk is, for a brief moment, God. So, instead of restoring his world to how it was before, he opts to create a world without gods, where the people forge their own destinies.

I believe Mata Nui wanted to create a world with no need for gods. One where the species of Spherus Magna could thrive and evolve of their own will, rather than of some pre-determined destiny.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

At the end of that game, the main character Shulk is, for a brief moment, God. So, instead of restoring his world to how it was before, he opts to create a world without gods, where the people forge their own destinies.

I believe Mata Nui wanted to create a world with no need for gods. One where the species of Spherus Magna could thrive and evolve of their own will, rather than of some pre-determined destiny.

Well so much for no Gods; if the Serials had continued, Takanuva would have played a key role in a Civil War between the Great Beings.

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

Well so much for no Gods; if the Serials had continued, Takanuva would have played a key role in a Civil War between the Great Beings.

That's less gods and more sufficiently advanced jerks. Which could be the same thing depending on your religious beliefs.

• Upvote 1

I thought they explained it fairly well. Basically, Mata Nui knew that if he stuck around people would see him as the leader of this new world. He wanted them, the Agori and Matoran, to work together. To come together not by one common leader, but by a common bond. They defeated evil together. It is time to rebuild their world together. So, he returned to live in the Ignika.

I would imagine legends will be told that finding or using the Ignika will return Mata Nui and bring peace to Spherus Magna once more.

~Xeo~