THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 3: THE CHALLENGES OF CONTROL

fishers64

END OF ROUND 5 PART 1

The Protectors invoked the power of past and future. 

Makuta Luroka: Creature of Jungle: Success
Makuta Luroka: Creature of Water: Failure
Pahrak #0579: Creatures of Jungle and Earth: Success
Lucina: Creatures of Fire and Jungle: Success
FF the Forgotten: Creatures of Earth and Ice: Success
ToaTimeLord: Two creatures of Fire: Failure to both
Tekulo: Creature of Water: Success
Tekulo: Creature of Water: Failure
Ghidora: Creatures of Earth and Water: Success
Pulse: Creature of  Water: Failure
Pulse: Creature of Stone: Success

ShadowVezon: One missed creature hunting round. 

BEGIN ROUND 5 PART 2

PMs will be sent, and when they are, you will have 24 hours to respond with your attack. Go!
Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

END OF ROUND 5 PART 2

The night began with Tekulo inviting Unalaq for a friendly game of Connect 4. While the two were enjoying the game, Sir Quackers picked up the Mask of Control and tried it on, only to squawk in protest as the mask was too big for his duckly visage.

"Alright, that's enough," Pahrak said. "I'll be taking that Mask. There's been enough chaos regarding it aboard my ship." He took the Mask off Sir Quackers and made his dignified exit.

40 seconds later, Kuan punched the Bohrok into the wall, knocking the Mask from his grasp and running off with it, only to trip over Dumerak's outstretched foot in the hallway and crash into a random water tank. Dumerak took off with the Mask, only for three Ikirs to blast him with Fire and knock him out. Unalaq picked up the mask...only to be confronted by Lucina.

"No," said the shapeswitcher. "Those were my Ikirs I used to fell Dumerak. The mask rightfully belongs to me."

Unalaq scowled. 

Lucina switched to Voltex form. 

"Alright," he grumbled, handing the Mask to Voltex. "That mask won't last in your hands, though, shapeswitcher."

It was then that ShadowVezon rounded the corner with his Creature of Earth in tow. Seeing Terak rush forward to attack him, Voltex activated the Mask of Control. The Creature immediately stopped its attack. 

"Foolish fools," Lucina murmured, walking out with the Mask. 

Lucina is the current holder of the Mask of Control. 

Meanwhile, Ghidora rolled up in a French Toast Catapult to the ice RAHKSHI's room. Terak opened the door, and Ghidora began to fire his enticing trail of french toast...only to find himself knocked over by a blast of ice. Frozen over, the Matoran could only watch as the ice RAHKSHI claimed his favorite Creature - the Creature of Fire. 

BEGIN ROUND 6 PART 1

The final round begins! Post the two creatures that you would like to acquire below, or pass. You have 24 hours to do so. 

(Now to go update all those PMs again... :P)

Edited by fishers64

END OF ROUND 6 PART 1

Makuta slunk onto the bridge, his eyes gleaming as he saw the Mask of Control. Carefully, he vanished with the Mask, appearing in the front of his forge. 

"I thought you had a gift for me," a voice hissed from the shadows. "We shall need it very soon." It was a pitch-perfect imitation of Ekimu, but the Makuta knew that Ekimu would never say something so presumptious. As this was confirmed, a living black entity with red eyes lurked closer. The Mask of Ultimate Power loomed.

"This is not for you," Makuta said, beginning to forge anew his Mask of Control. "This is for whom I choose." 

"You are foolish, Mask Maker," the Mask of Ultimate Power said. "No one can stand against me. Not those pathetic Toa, who Skull Grinder defeated in one swipe. Not Ekimu, who could not destroy me, even though he tried. And not you, most certainly not you."

"I'll forge you another copy later." Makuta said, lying. For he had no intention of returning to this forge again. At least, not without an army of villains with their Masks. It was then he would truly be free from the thing he had made, forever. 

"You...are a liar!" the Mask shouted as Makuta vanished again, reappearing on the deck of Pahrak's ship. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Lucina simply stood on the side of the ship and summoned two of the Creatures using his Mask. It was then that she decided to visit the bridge to stash her Water Creature in the newly repaired water tank there, and that was when the Mask Maker slipped in and out. 

Lucina: Water and Ice Creatures: Success

Unalaq went for a successful swim and got lost in the Jungle. He was really tired from the past several days. 

FF the Forgotten: Water Creature: Success

FF the Forgotten: Jungle Creature: Failure

No body saw Kuan the whole day, but they could have guessed. 

Makuta Luroka: Earth and Fire Creatures: Success

Pahrak got his Fire creature with ease, but he found that going from there straight to the Ice Region was a bad idea.

Pahrak #0579: Fire Creature: Success

Pahrak #0579: Ice Creature: Failure

Tekulo rode his Uxar out of the Jungle, only to see Ghidora emerge from the flames, carried by two fire creatures like a devious four-winged phoenix. It would have been a glorious sight with much heroic music playing in the background, if not for the fact that Ghidora was singing a song about potoo birds and Red Stars.

Tekulo: Jungle Creature: Success

Tekulo: Fire Creature: Failure

Ghidora: Two Fire Creatures: Success to both

To Dumerak's surprise, he got his water creature, but it seemed that there were no earth creatures today. 

Pulse: Creature of Water: Success

Pulse: Creature of Earth: Failure

And ShadowVezon did not fail. As he never would. 

ShadowVezon: Stone and Jungle: Success

BEGIN ROUND 6 PART 2

The usual PM rigamenrole starts now. You have 24 hours to respond. I will try to update all the PMs as quickly as possible, but don't wait for me! Go!

END OF ROUND 6 PART 2

"I'd thought I'd find you here." 

Makuta turned to find his worst adversary, other than the Mask of Ultimate Power, waiting for him, glowing at twice his size. "Great." he murmured. "I hate it when I skip leg day. And Energized Protodermis day. And Pridak day."

Pahrak's ship was nearing the end of the Labrynth of Control, at which the wielder of the Mask of Control would be decided. Unalaq snatched the mask from Lucina - he had killed Umarak, so it was rightfully his - only to get sideways tackled by Ghidora MEE. Kuan punched Ghidora in the face and stalked off with the mask, only for him to get blasted into an ice cube by the ice RAHKSHI. The Rahkshi gleefully strutted away with his prize...

...only to run into a trip wire set by Samantha. "I'll take that Mask," said Tekulo. "Yolo swag!"

"Not on my ship," said Pahrak, sending his creatures to blast Tekulo across the room. "That's my mask."

And indeed it was, for Dumerak, Lucina, and ShadowVezon were wore out from six days and nights of no sleep, and were catching up on their shut eye. 

Indeed, there was no one to kill Pahrak #0579...simply because, I, Makuta, did not include the option to kill people in this game. 

And so it was that Pahrak took the Mask of Control back to the bridge and piloted the ship to the labyrinth's exit. 

CONGRATULATIONS TO PAHRAK #0579, WHO HAS WON THE GAME!

I was waiting for them at the end of the labyrinth. But alas, I was not alone. Indeed, as Pahrak and his group of villains disembarked, I stepped up to my sworn enemy, Ekimu - and took the first swing. 

THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 4, THE BATTLE OF THE GENERATIONS, will arrive no later than March 16th, 2016. Whether it happens earlier depends on the fates of my other game hosting responsibilities. I hope you are looking forward to it, for it shall be fun!

HOST REFLECTIONS

I don't really have much to say on this one. Pahrak figured out my twisting game mechanic of waiting until the last minute, the reverse of typical MoUP play, and that is how he won. And I need to write better scenes. WYSIWYG. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Well it was fun while it lasted. I had the mask two time both for less than an hour and was able to catch all six creatures. I did better than I thought.

Also MATORAN SMACK DOWN needs two more players.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I tried to do the same thing Pahrak did in trying to be the last to PM, except I slept slightly too long. 

Stupid time zones. 

Dumarak will have his revenge, and Dumarak will return.

Edited by Impulsive

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.