Ninjago To Be Rebooted?

Awesome Guy

Since it looks like this summer we're getting some past enemies, I think it looks like they're closing the story. But on the other hand, since there's that movie (and apparently a sequel?) coming out, we won't be saying bye to the characters just yet. Since the movie's not connected to the show, I guess they're starting from scratch. Do you guys think they're rebooting, or if the show'll still continue alongside the movies?

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't surprise me if the movie (and any possible sequels) end up with a separate continuity from the TV show, the same way the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie had a separate continuity from the current TV show. Yes, I know that in that case, one was animated and one was live-action, but I think it's still a fair comparison.

With that said, what they do after the movie in that case is still up in the air. Would they just resume the TV show where the last season left off, like TMNT did, leaving the movies as their own separate thing? Or would they create a new TV show that shares a universe with the movie, in the same vein as some other animated movie spin-off series like Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness or The Penguins of Madagascar? Or would they reboot the TV series with a separate continuity from the movie OR from the previous series?

In any case, I doubt they'd just choose NOT to have new Ninjago stories until the movie gets a sequel, because Ninjago is still hugely popular and LEGO would presumably want to continue to make and promote new sets without a lot of interruption.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1