What are your collecting goals for the reboot?

Spiffy247

My goal is to collect every retail set of generation 2. I have all the ones from 2015, and I am finishing the winter wave of 2016 in a bit over a week. Then I decided I should ask my fellow BZPower members if they have the same idea. so guys, what are your collecting goals?

• Upvote 2

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Gave away most of my old collection to my nephews. But Pohatu Kopaka and Protector of Ice will do nicely, besides i don't want my parents to think i'm wasting too much money on a new collection since they think im too old for this since im 28

(pohatu was bought with smuggled birthday money, kopaka was a birthday present kept secret from my parents and PoI was bought at a heavy Toys'R'Us discount.)

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 2

qs3135.jpg

I originally wanted to get all the 2015 sets, and I ended up doing just that.

I'm still undecided on the 2016 sets. I already got the one I really wanted. (Umarak) I do want all three Legendary Masks though. So if an upcoming set has the Mask of Ultimate Power, I will definitely get that one.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Gave away most of my old collection to my nephews. But Pohatu Kopaka and Protector of Ice will do nicely, besides i don't want my parents to think i'm wasting too much money on a new collection since they think im too old for this since im 28

(pohatu was bought with smuggled birthday money, kopaka was a birthday present kept secret from my parents and PoI was bought at a heavy Toys'R'Us discount.)

If I were you, I'd do whatever makes me happy and just buy the sets I like. Of course, I'm not you. So that won't be happening. 

My collecting goals? Buy every retail set and polybag while having the best time I possibly can. That's a big success so far.

If I were you, I'd do whatever makes me happy and just buy the sets I like. Of course, I'm not you. So that won't be happening.

It

My collecting goals? Buy every retail set and polybag while having the best time I possibly can. That's a big success so far.

That would be easier if i had a bank account and access to a steady job payment (i'm unemployed) and my father has strict allowance rules over the allowance he gives me each weekend. So i don't have much of a choice Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

So far, my collection is limited to the 2015 Toa. If I was still among the sighted, I might be interested in a more completionist mindset, but since blindness is a bigger hindrance to fully building official models and what I've built so far seems to have little tactile distinction between models, I'm limiting myself to sets that add variety to the parts I have to work with for MOC. Presently, The creatures are at the top of my list due to their diversity. I'll probably pick up a few 2016 Toa, but probably not a full set. Would also like to pick up some of the villain sets as well, but not sure which ones have the highest counts for pieces I don't have. Might skip the protectors altogether as a response in the 2016 general discussion implied they're even closer to being palette swaps than the Toa(through, if there's a purple one, I might have to get one just because favorite color).

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Considering the Trans. Blue Gali Mask I got on the Lego Inside Tour makes me one of the few people who is even capable of having a totally complete G2 collection, I've been trying to do so to the best of my ability. I ordered the SDCC Skull Scorpio Mask and Gold Skull Mask polybag on eBay, so even if I can't keep up with future collectibles, I can at least rest easy with the knowledge that my 2015 collection is basically complete. Whether I continue that in future years will depend largely on whether future exclusives remain relatively obtainable—if, for instance, this year's Inside Tour features ANOTHER exclusive mask, I may end up having to abandon my hopes of a complete collection.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd like to have a complete set of 2015 sets. Haven't bought any of the summer sets though...

2016 isn't doing anything for me. I just want Umarak and that's about it. We'll see if 2017 has more to offer. So I guess I'm not really gonna be doing much collecting. Which is ok.

AXKP5KC.png

I have all the 2015 sets except Skull Scorpio and plan to get all the 2016 Toa.  I just bought a vehicle though so my LEGO fund is cut short right now.  I'm not sure about these 2016 summer sets they look a little odd, but I'll probably get them anyways if not just to complete my "set" collection. ;)

So yeah I would like to get all of them but I can't afford all the exclusives.  There is a resale LEGO store in a city near were I live and they sell the orange mask of fire for $5.  I'm thinking about getting another one and spray painting the bottom part gold, unfortunately I can't do the same with a Gali mask, this would almost complete my corrupted mask collection.

Edited by Rakrondewl

I got the 2015 Toa, and wouldn't mind a few more Protectors or villains. And I am definitely getting Umarak. I don't know if I'll try and get all Six 2016 Toa, I'll get a few to judge if the rest are worth it (I only have three complete Toa teams anyways, Mata, Inika, and Masters. If I don't get all the Uniters I'll probably be okay). My REAL Bionicle collecting goal is to buy enough pieces through Bricklink to build a lot of G2 villagers based on G1 Matoran (I have Takua, Hahli, and Jaller nearly complete and am planning more)

Like many here, I want all the sets with a Legendary Mask. Hence why I bought Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder and want Umarak. I think I'll survive without getting every set, never have in my life. I didn't even buy Bionicle sets from 2007 until 2015. If very few Bionicle sets catch my eye I'll be spending the Lego money instead on Star Wars, Marvel Superheroes, Ideas, and Modular Building sets.

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Considering I never ever bought sets toward the end of G1 and I only picked up a few Hero Factorys, I'm happy just getting one figure from each wave. Preferably, though, enough to eventually do some CCBS mocs with!

Lewa's looking like my favorite G2 hero so far so "all the Lewas" sounds like a reasonable goal. And hey, I've got both. Already winning!

I want to, at least, collect every set for the first three years of the line, and maybe more in the future. I go to SDCC every year, so if there are any exclusives there, I'll probably get those as well. It would be nice to get my any other exclusives so far. Considering I'm only 2 off of having a complete plastic 2015 collection, that shouldn't be that hard.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I initially only wanted Kopaka.

Then I got Onua since I always wanted Onua Mata as a kid (but wasn't allowed because of his claws. Folks thought I was gonna gouge my eyes out with them somehow.)

Then I accidentally all of the 2015 sets.

I've pretty much accepted I'll be buying all of G2, assuming it lasts only 3 years.

I collected all retail 2015 sets, and I will be collecting the 2016 ones in some weekend. I find them awesome, and it is like my tradition because I love Bionicle. Plus, I will buy every G2 set possible.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Then I got Onua since I always wanted Onua Mata as a kid (but wasn't allowed because of his claws. Folks thought I was gonna gouge my eyes out with them somehow.)

to be fair they're one of the few pieces that has points that go OUT from the flat of the weapon isntead of following it. o:

i've had the misfortune of stepping on that, a Krika sword, Stronius' armor, a Zamor shooter, and basically any piece with hard sharp projections. x:

as far as collecting goes, i don expect to get most things cuz i always have very little money BUT i can hopefully snag most of the 2015 things on early-next-year sale n save lots! O:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Get brown pieces. Except to see what some other sets in each release line looks like in-person or I find one to be pretty cool looking, I don't have much interest in getting any more sets outside of those reasons.

Still peeved that I was not able to get Pohatu from last year. There is still Amazon I guess.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I am not trying to collect them all this time. I am only going to buy the ones I really like.

However it might be easier to collect stuff this time since we are just starting the second year (last time I actually got my first set only at the end of 2002).

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Aiming to get all the sets and collectables (within reason), I missed out on the last waves of G1. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Same goals as I had for the original; every retail set not including combo model focused sets.

A lot of the promo sets don't get released in the U.S., so tracking them down is too much bother for things that are probably not going to show up in the story.

And now that there have been a few con-exclusive masks, some of the G2 masks are way harder to find than any of the ones in G1. 

Even though there does not seem to be combiner model focused sets in G2 along the lines of Takutanuva and Ultimate Dume, I don't plan on getting any if they do appear. I stuck to this rule for the original run, and the only thing I regret about it is not getting a seperate Kardas dragon for display.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46