What are your collecting goals for the reboot?

Spiffy247

I've bought every 2015 set plus story material that I could, but I'm not sure if I'll go all out this time for 2016. It was too hard on my wallet least year.

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

So far, I'm shooting to pick up every set. I might have some difficulties there for this year, due to the fact that I just bought some parts to make some villagers based on some G1 Matoran. :P However, I do have all of the 2015 figures. ^_^

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

So far, my collection is limited to the 2015 Toa. If I was still among the sighted, I might be interested in a more completionist mindset, but since blindness is a bigger hindrance to fully building official models and what I've built so far seems to have little tactile distinction between models, I'm limiting myself to sets that add variety to the parts I have to work with for MOC. Presently, The creatures are at the top of my list due to their diversity. I'll probably pick up a few 2016 Toa, but probably not a full set. Would also like to pick up some of the villain sets as well, but not sure which ones have the highest counts for pieces I don't have. Might skip the protectors altogether as a response in the 2016 general discussion implied they're even closer to being palette swaps than the Toa(through, if there's a purple one, I might have to get one just because favorite color).

I have been seeing you posting lately. I think that it is cool that you aren't letting blindness get in the way of your enjoyment. 

I wanted to get everything, but that fell apart rather quickly last summer when other interests (and lack of in the skeletons) just got in the way. So for now it's just what I think is cool, though that completionist urge is a-tickling always.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

At first, like most people, I planned to get every retail set. Minus the free stuff that Lego gives on shipping because Lego doesn't ship to Mexico.

And it has proven to be quite difficult.  The "winter" wave (I use quotations because it relesaes here almost at the end of March) lacked the Protectors of Jungle and Stone, so I had to ship them via MercadoLibre (sort of a Latin American Ebay). The "summer" wave (which was set to release in November), was somewhat advertised (it apparently would lack the Skull Scorpio and the Ekimu vs. Kulta combo) but it never released!

So I'm stuck ordering them via MercadoLibre at triple the price (it wouldn't make a difference if I tried Amazon or Ebay, the arancels and the Dolar-Mexican Peso exchange make them almost cost the same).

This year most of the sets look unappealing to me, particulary the Creatures. Adding to the limited budget I might only get Umarak the Hunter and Ekimu.

Edited by Dogbert