Wɐɟᴉɐ XXΛIII: ┴odsʎʇnɹʌʎpoɯ

Quisoves Potoo

Night Three

Good Grief

Amid a field of hazy, serpentine grass, the dreamer gazed upon an impossible starscape. So many were the lights that the blackness seemed an intrusion, a scattering of smears upon the irradiant ether.

Had this been reality, he would have been transfixed. But his subconscious could no more summon up a consistent point of view than it could a consistent landscape. Guided by the flow of his mind’s narrative, he shifted his gaze to the brook beneath him.

The stream sped by with unnatural alacrity, a dim, unreflective coil winding its way to the skeletal village. The dreamer wasn’t sure what it did once it got there, nor could he recall how it exited. This surprised him, especially as he’d never considered himself to be inattentive.

Distracted yet again, he ran his hand through the grass, taking in its texture.  The resulting sensation was subtly yet distinctly unnerving, a potent medley of known and unknown. The stalks were flexible yet hard, chill yet dry, rough yet rubbery. They were as if in a slow metamorphosis, vegetable matter reluctantly ceding its life.

Shaken, the dreamer began to wander.

All around him were trees, a legion of gnarled, foreboding hulks. Their diverse barks were shoddy and indistinct, as if they existed merely to restrain him, till Master Night came calling for a morsel.

After a period that felt like hours, he stopped abruptly. For, in the middle of an ashen trunk, directly in front of him, was a pitch-black door. It was almost entirely flat, composed of no recognizable material. Only a stout, crimson knob disturbed the pattern. Without thinking, he turned the handle, loosing upon himself

Intermission

He beheld a daylit patch of ground, a hodgepodge sheet of brownish dust. As if woven from the air, blurs of a darker brown appeared, coalescing into buildings. Huts. This was the village, it seemed.

Suddenly, a Matoran ambled into view. The dreamer’s mind wasn’t interested in such particulars as armor-color, mask-shape, or stature. It merely cared that the being was perfectly unordinary. The dreamer’s shock was therefore all the greater when the Matoran blurred, his mask crumpling into a corkscrew-beak, his feet growing into ragged talons, his armor shattering into rusty shard-feathers, and his arms flattening into wings. The apparition turned, as if staring at him, its wild eyes boring into his psyche. It opened its beak...

And the scene shifted. It was nighttime, in the center of the Village, and the air was full of smoke. There was a fire burning vigorously, twice the height of an average Matoran, and in its center-

Oh

-was a figure, thrashing on a spit. The meal-to-be was avian, it seemed, its charred underside contrasting with a plumage that even now was incandescent white.  The bird’s beak was moving incessantly.

Suddenly, the dreamer heard a voice. The bird was singing.

The dreamer could not quite make out the lyrics, but it seemed to be lamenting its current state, contrasting it with its prior majesty.

The scene shifted yet again.

It was day, and in place of the village was a fertile savanna. A biped, not unlike a cross between a Matoran and a Brakas, was taking a bone from the corpse of some unfortunate Rahi. Quivering with anticipation, it raised the bone, paused as if deliberating, then brought it down upon the Rahi’s lifeless skull. The skull shattered.

To be a replaced by a live beast’s head. Once again the bone came down, crushing it.

Then it was a skull again. Crunch.

Live skull, dead skull, smashed over and over in sickening succession, the background details always changing, the story ever-constant: A species learning how to kill.

Throughout, the dreamer heard buzzing, a near-cacophony that was almost musical. Steadily, assuredly, it reached a crescendo, then tore away the vignette and ushered in darkness.

Nothing happened, complete vacuum hanging over him. He waited, how long he did not know. Then, with dizzying abruptness, the vacuum was filled.

First came the color, greyish blotches filling the void, blooming into myriads of hues, which, though dim, seemed radiant. The blotches sharpened, taking form, revealing a starlit hillside. Then came the sound, first a scratching, then louder, higher, till it became painful. Then it gained depth, strands of pitch fraying, streams of decibels refracting. Finally, as the dreamer recognized the screaming for what it was, he saw its source: A Matoran, hugged by an aura of lime-green, her maskless head crumpling beneath the club of another villager.

Return

a man with bone for skin. He was a mockery of a Matoran: His rectangular eyes were huge and ragged, like those of some doll. His mask was a skull, misshapen from years of decay. His body had gone beyond twisted, had taken on a geometry all its own, jutting out at angles that seemed to slice through space itself. He exuded an odor (if you could call it that) that terrified the nose, unable to be smelled.

”Come,” he said, in a voice like a torrent of dust.

The dreamer, filled with terror, could not move.

“Come,” the man repeated, more urgently.

Still the dreamer did not move.

Come.”

Nothing.

It was then that the man ceased to move, his eyes wide with horror.

no

He screamed.

Breathless, his voice now an abstract presence, the Voodoo Master turned, running through the corridor that had grown from the door.
BLADE!”
NO!

By the time he reached his destination, he knew it was too late. With a swift, sharp movement of his will, he wiped all memory of the dream from his former target.

His task failed, his comrade felled, he returned to dread reality.

Blade, Witch Doctor, Killed by the Mafia, Night Three.

Innocent List for the Killing of Blade

Voxumo

Valendale

Luroka

FF

Underscore

Dalior

You have 48 hours to vote (seeing as it’s been so long.)

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 6

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

And thus, the Blade was broken. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, it's not wrong.

If they were dead, then they definitely didn't kill Blade. 

• Upvote 10

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've yet to encounter a Mafia game where the dead players can kill people. I mean, it's possible that a dead person's vote could be accidentally counted, thus resulting in the lynching of someone who might not have been lynched otherwise. 

But apart from that, I don't see how it could happen. 

Next Mafia with an innocent list, we should just let dead people wind up on it.

Because, like Nato said, it's not wrong. =D

I vote Pulse. Again.

Edit: I should mention, "Wraith" has been a role twice before (post-mortem killer).

- :burnmad:

Edited by Shadow Burnmad
  • Upvote 1

I've yet to encounter a Mafia game where the dead players can kill people. I mean, it's possible that a dead person's vote could be accidentally counted, thus resulting in the lynching of someone who might not have been lynched otherwise. 

But apart from that, I don't see how it could happen. 

Apparently, the dead in Tower of Trepidation could vote, reportedly leading to...  "self-interested" lynchings.

=P

Edit: I should mention, "Wraith" has been a role twice before (post-mortem killer).

- :burnmad:

Indeed, and there was also the spirit that possessed people, in Damage Control (Blade's role, I seem to recall.)

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

Okay, I stand corrected.

Allow me to amend my statement to "I don't see how dead people could murder others in this game."

I'm going to vote Underscore. Now, I realise he is on the Innocence List. But that's a 'Not-the-Mafia' innocence list, not a cultist innocence list. Underscore's appeared on three lists: two innocent lists and one not converted list. The Cultist Leader can't be converted because they start out as Cult, right? Therefore, I vote Underscore, in an attempt to kill the Cultist Leader before they can convert another. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Gonna go with the slim majority here and vote for Underscore. 

Mafia Libs

Day Three

(Number)

Small Town Necktie Party

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a lynching? It was very __________!

(adjective)

I was in this village, on a(n) __________ island called __________ Nui.

(adj.)                                                                  (noun)

There was this guy, named Underscore, who a lot of the other villagers __________ed dead.

(proper noun)                                                                                                                     (verb)

You see, there was this criminal running around, called the __________ Master.

(noun)                                                                                          

He was very __________, ___________ villagers to his __________ every night!

(adj.)                  (verb, ends in -ing)                                                      (sinister noun)    

The __________ part was that his identity was a complete __________! So the villagers __________ed to vote on who he was.

(adj.)                                                                                                                                                          (noun)                                                                              (verb)

Every day, whoever got the __________ votes was __________ed!  The day I was there, it was Underscore's turn!

(adj. of quantity)                                               (verb)                                                                                                                        (guy's name)

The crowd was very __________, as he was __________ to the gallows. He  __________ed as __________ tied the noose around his neck.

(adj.)                                                   (verb, past tense)                                                                         (verb)                                     (proper noun)

This was first time they'd __________ed someone.

(verb)

They thought the __________ Master had __________ __________ powers, so they were very __________.

(3rd noun)                                                 (adj. of quantity)                (adj.)                                                                                                               (adj.)

The execution was complicated!

First, a large __________ was used to __________ his __________. Then, his __________ were __________ed with __________.

(noun)                                                               (verb)                                  (body part)                                             (bdy prt, plural)                              (verb)                                          (noun, plural)

After that, they covered him in __________ __________.

(verb, ends in -ing)          (liquid)                                         

Next,  Underscore __________ed as he was __________ed with a __________! It was quite __________!

(guy's name)                    (verb)                                                                   (verb)                                                     (noun)                                                                (adj.)

But that wasn't all! They all __________ed him with __________! There was __________ everywhere!

(verb)                                                      (noun, plural)                                                   (substance)

Finally, the floor was __________ed out from __________ him. Underscore kicked and __________ed as he swung __________.

(verb)                                                     (adverb of  place)                          (guy's name)                                                        (verb)                                                                        (adverb)

After __________ minutes, he stopped moving. He was __________ dead.

(number)                                                                                                                                          (adverb)

Somehow, all the villagers knew that they had __________ed. They were very __________.

(verb)                                                                                       (adj.)

The __________ Master would live another __________!

(3rd noun)                                                                                                      (noun)

Underscore, Villager, __________ed, Day Three.

(guy's name)                (noun)                     (verb)                                     (1st number)

Night Roles have 24 hours to PM me!

(pl. noun)                (number)                           (verb)

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 12

gZsNWyr.png

I had to reread that a few times to try to make sense of just how many nasty things were done to Underscore before he finally died. 

• Upvote 5

I tried to fill it out:

Mafia Libs

Day Three

Small Town Necktie Party

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a lynching? It was very entertaining!

I was in this village, on a(n) beautiful island called Mafia Nui.

There was this guy, named Underscore, who a lot of the other villagers hated dead.

You see, there was this criminal running around, called the Chicken Master.

He was very silly, throwing villagers to his cabin every night!

The strange part was that his identity was a complete fool! So the villagers wanted to vote on who he was.

Every day, whoever got the least votes was insulted! The day I was there, it was Underscore's turn!

The crowd was very foolish, as he was kicked to the gallows. He thrashed as the Potoo tied the noose around his neck.

This was first time they'd fried someone.

They thought the Chicken Master had little sparkling powers, so they were very cheerful.

First, a large shark was used to beat his shins. Then, his heads were kicked with squirrels.

After that, they covered him in cold water.

Next, Underscore singed as he was stomped with a mecha! It was quite hilarious!

But that wasn't all! They all impaled him with sticks! There was acid everywhere!

Finally, the floor was swiped out from above him. Underscore kicked and kicked as he swung beneath.

After 9001 minutes, he stopped moving. He was silently dead.

Somehow, all the villagers knew that they had tricked. They were very pleased..

The Chicken Master would live another century!

Underscore, Villager, rekted, Day Three.

Night Roles have 24 hours to PM me!

Edited by Shadow FF
  • Upvote 7

pWPTu7m.jpg

Guys, it's okay. They didn't kill him! It was all just a harmless prank:

Next,  Underscore   giggled   as he was  tickled   with a  toothbrush   ! It was quite   amusing  !

(guy's name)        (verb)                              (verb)                            (noun)                                              (adj.)

But that wasn't all! They all   whacked   him with   pillows  ! There were   feathers   everywhere!

(verb)                                        (noun, plural)                                         (substance)

• Upvote 6

Mafia Libs

Day Three

(Number)

Small Town Necktie Party

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a lynching? It was very Yellow!

I was in this village, on a(n) sloped island called Mama Nui.

There was this guy, named Underscore, who a lot of the other villagers missed dead.

You see, there was this criminal running around, called the Cement Master.

He was very obese, hugging villagers to his pony every night!

The watery part was that his identity was a complete bear! So the villagers licked to vote on who he was.

Every day, whoever got the fewest votes was hugged!  The day I was there, it was Underscore's turn!

The crowd was very purple, as he was ran to the gallows. He cheered as Mr. Mustard tied the noose around his neck.

This was first time they'd kicked someone.

They thought the cement Master had plentiful, majestic powers, so they were very old.

First, a large cow was used to paint his spleen. Then, his kidneys were kissed with doorknobs.

After that, they covered him in breathing kool-aid.

Next,  Underscore whistled as he was wrapped with a snake! It was quite constipated!

But that wasn't all! They all merged him with pickles! There was mayonnaise everywhere!

Finally, the floor was leaked out from above him. Underscore kicked and danced as he swung brainlessly.

After 2,450,006 minutes, he stopped moving. He was deathly dead.

Somehow, all the villagers knew that they had died. They were very dead.

The cement Master would live another bowl!

Underscore, Villager, licked, Day Three.

Night sloths have 2 hours to wipe me!

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 3

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to a lynching? It was very lynchy!

I was in this village, on a(n) lynchy island called lynch Nui.

There was this guy, named Underscore, who a lot of the other villagers lynched dead.

You see, there was this criminal running around, called the Lynch Master.

He was very lynchy, lynching villagers to his lynch every night!

The lynchy part was that his identity was a complete lynch! So the villagers lynched to vote on who he was.

Every day, whoever got the lynch votes was lynched!  The day I was there, it was Underscore's turn!

The crowd was very lynchy, as he was lynched to the gallows. He lynched as Lynch tied the noose around his neck.

This was first time they'd Lynched someone.

They thought the Lynch Master had lynchy lynch powers, so they were very lynchy.

First, a large lynch was used to lynch his lynch. Then, his lynches were lynched with lynchings.

After that, they covered him in lynchy lynchfluid.

Next,  Underscorelynched as he was lynched with a lynch! It was quite lynchy!

But that wasn't all! They all lynched him with lynch! There was lynch everywhere!

Finally, the floor was lynched out from lynch him. Underscore kicked and lyncheded as he swung lynchily.

After 3.14159265359 minutes, he stopped moving. He was lynchily dead.

Somehow, all the villagers knew that they had lynched. They were very lynchy.

The Lynch Master would live another lynch!

Underscore, Villager, lynched, Day Three.

FTFY

• Upvote 4