Wɐɟᴉɐ XXΛIII: ┴odsʎʇnɹʌʎpoɯ

Quisoves Potoo

Interestingly, the earth is actually round. Meaning I am not, in fact, upside-down. 

If we want to be extremely precise, the Earth is actually slightly pear-shaped. But that's neither here nor there.

Come off it. We all know that's baldfaced Reptoid propaganda. Don't let the Red Dresses control you.

Who's bald again?

handsome_squidward_by_miniman487-d6jvkc2

I am not human. I am Australian. 

• Upvote 10

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In before Jazz band.

I don't care what spot but thanks.

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Kartawny: This eldritch being nurses a grudge against the Potoo, for deeds done at the dawn of the universe. He can mark one player with his birdsong, each night. During the night, he can also order (anonymously) any marked player to vote for a particular player the following day. If a player disobeys him, he dies. Kartawny seeks the lynching of the Potoo (whose identity he knows.)  He is immune to the first attempt on his life by the Mafia, and cannot be killed by the Witch Doctor.

So, are the marked players notified of their orders? I'm scared if they're not. :3

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Strikes me as mighty suspicious... perhaps certain players can hold multiple roles? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Surely the host would not fill any role, except possibly "guy who dies the first scene"? 

Or perhaps Quisoves is a time traveller, and knew how many people would sign up ahead of time, thus listing 32 roles for 32 players, in a sort of bootstrap paradox? Which leaves us with the question:

Who is the 32nd Player?

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Who is the 32nd Player?

All of us. And none of us. At the same time. It's hard to explain. Very wibbly wobbly. 

• Upvote 6

Or perhaps Quisoves is a time traveller, and knew how many people would sign up ahead of time, thus listing 32 roles for 32 players, in a sort of bootstrap paradox? Which leaves us with the question:

Who is the 32nd Player?

WHO WROTE BEETHOVEN'S FIFTH?!

Should the slots fill up, within that time, new slots may be added.
  • Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Anyone else noticed there are only 31 players, but 32 roles, Cultists aside?

20 Villagers+6 Mafiosi+Voodoo Master+The Potoo+Kartawny+the Castaway=30 roles, no? The Bonehead and the Witch Doctor are converted villagers, granted powers by the Voodoo Master.

I added a slot for Manducus, which means we'll have one more of a certain role (probably a villager.)

Kartawny: This eldritch being nurses a grudge against the Potoo, for deeds done at the dawn of the universe. He can mark one player with his birdsong, each night. During the night, he can also order (anonymously) any marked player to vote for a particular player the following day. If a player disobeys him, he dies. Kartawny seeks the lynching of the Potoo (whose identity he knows.)  He is immune to the first attempt on his life by the Mafia, and cannot be killed by the Witch Doctor.

So, are the marked players notified of their orders? I'm scared if they're not. :3

Of course they are. It would be rather silly, otherwise. :P

Also, I of all people should know better than to trust the RNG so I've made an addendum to the rules: If the Voodoo Master (or his successor) is killed before Night Two, he can convert a villager with his dying breath.

For scheduling reasons, roles will be sent out at approximately 1:00 PM PST. Until then, any additional members who wish to sign up, may do so.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I'd just like to point out that a host has been a player before, so it wouldn't be a new thing.

when was the Host actually a player?

I mean Lhikevikk & I had the Host role in 2.4 but beyond that??

I believe it was one of the recent ones.

that really narrows it down for the person who hasn't played a mafia game since last april

I'm talking about VII, though there could have been more that I forgot/didn't know about.

(I probably should have typed role instead of player)

Yeah, but that was really more of just a custom effect on the game, rather than a true role or host participation. This was before such things were usually written into the base rules of the game, rather than into a role.

I'd just like to point out that a host has been a player before, so it wouldn't be a new thing.

when was the Host actually a player?

I mean Lhikevikk & I had the Host role in 2.4 but beyond that??

I believe it was one of the recent ones.

that really narrows it down for the person who hasn't played a mafia game since last april

Implying there was one in that time frame that you didn't pop in to? =P

*Snaps fingers*

And then there was Red Sea I suppose but I don't really remember anything from it

so

Take it from the chap with the abnormally strong memory, that's probably for the best (this isn't a slight against Xaeraz)

Valendale, why? *Sniff* :(

:P

EDIT: Signups are officially closed.

Roles will be sent out shortly.

EDIT 2: Oh wait, hosts can double-post.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

Let the bloodbath begin...

Night One

Or

The Cult That Couldn't Catch

Night, draped with dread stillness, hung over the timorous village.

Normally, no one would have stirred, the villagers consigned to the realm of subconsciousness. But sleep came fleetingly now, the Matorans' slumber choked with fear.

So it was that two figures strode through the marshes of the Mind-Dim Woods. One was unremarkable, a fisherman. The other, however, was something rather more important...

"You understand, comrades, that I abhor my plan. Would that you would denounce it, call me mad! But I see, and I think you see, that we have not the luxury of heroism.

"If we die, it matters not how we are remembered, nor do I think the Great Spirit will judge us too harshly. If we live, then, at worst, we die. If our siblings denounce us as monsters, they will do so in safety from the true monster.

"We must cast aside all ephemeralities. The compassion that would keep us from fratricide must subsumed by that which would see our brethren saved. We must treat them as beasts, yet love them as we have never loved before. We must become villains, that we might be the greatest Mafia of all!"

So saying, the speaker had sunk to ground, smothered with weariness. The others had said nothing, but their sad silence had been as potent as any word. Faced with two madnesses, they had chosen that which would might usher sanity back in.

So it was that the fisherman was stalked amongst the dingy trees.

His pursuer, trembling, tripped. The sound made was soft, but distinct against the chorus of nocturnal Rahi. The fisherman halted, spooked.

He turned, and with a cry, sighted the hunter.
"Oh, it's you," he said, relieved.

His relief died as quickly as it came, as an obsidian club shattered his mask.

His breath fugitive, his mind fogged, Unit made to run with wild frenzy. But he never had a chance. With a sound as of pottery, his skull shattered, its shards littering the weed-choked pathway.

His killer, seeing his handiwork, fled, resisting the urge to drown himself in the noisome murk.

Upon a thin hilltop, beneath a canvas of dying stars, sat a twisted Matoran. He was clearing his mind, preparing to venture into the world of dreams. At last, with consummate quiet, the Voodoo Master began to mutter eldritch words.

With each verse, his consciousness shifted, until he beheld not an island, but the phantom of one, woven from memories and fancies and fears.

His chanting did not cease, but changed. But one word escaped his mouth: A name.

It sped through the mental labyrinth, undeterred, until at last it reached the mind of its bearer. But entrance was denied it.

With a jolt, the Voodoo Master awoke. He hurried down the hill, as fast as his wretched form would allow, cursing his fortune. It had not been a compete waste, though. He might yet make something of it...

Meanwhile, strange bird-songs echoed through the night. One was primal, alien, and yet frightened. The other was ghastly, dissonant, and brimming with hate.

Each weaved its way into the mind of a hapless villager...

"Oh dear," muttered the castaway, "I am losing my touch. What am I, a frightened Rahi? Still, they'll not realize they've been nerve-pinched. That's something."

Morn came, and Unit's absence was discovered, then his corpse, in short succession.

Aghast, the Villagers called for their protectors, only to realize they had forgotten which those were..

Its horror accentuated, the Village proved itself to be every bit as ruthless as the Mafia had dreaded being. A pit was dug, awaiting the victim of the tyrant majority.

The following Matoran were proved not to have ventured into the Mind-Dim woods:

• Tiragath
  • Amazetastical Lynn
  • Petewa
  • FF the Forgotten
  • Jed1ndy
  • Underscore

Unit, Villager, killed by the Mafia, Night 1.

You have 24 hours to vote.

Nulling is allowed, and you may switch from a player to null.

You may vote for a player on the Innocent list (duh.)

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 7

gZsNWyr.png

Hm. I'll try analyzing the scene for any possible hints...things that stick out to me are:

-Unit was described as a "fisherman". Maybe someone who hates fishermen might be the killer?

-Club was used to kill. Someone who likes clubs?

-Killer was a "hunter"

Ill mull this over and see if i can come up with anything.

Edited by Elma

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Clearly, the murderer is part of a fisherman hunting club. 

• Upvote 11