Summer LEGO Sets Revealed at London Toy Fair

Toy Fair season is upon us, where all the big-name toy companies show off what will grab our attention in the upcoming months. Starting us off is the London Toy Fair, where the LEGO booth did not allow set pictures but serious notes could be taken. The Brick Fan has compiled various articles posted, providing the details for many of this summer's LEGO sets, including Bionicle, Super Heroes, and City's volcano theme. It is all very exciting, but stay tuned for BZPower's own New York Toy Fair articles in a few weeks, which will include pictures and American dollar prices!

View the full article

The "Beast" wave sounds like HF to me. Hope they implement a lot of technic like the winter wave!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Being "in the know" about up-and-coming Bionicle stuff is always a curse and a blessing. On one hand, yay, news! On the other hand, the winter sets are just starting to appear on shelves out here! 

I'm pretty excited to see the direction they go with Ekimu. Who knows what his role is gonna be in the future of Bionicle... maybe a figure like g1's Mata Nui, a being of vast power fighting alongside the main cast? Or a g1 Takanuva/HF Rocka maybe: the team's newest member? Or even just the wise old man who doesn't infrequently kick some butt?

New Umarak sounds promising as well. The same character in two consecutive waves is fairly unheard of, but it's fantastic to see they're following through with the animal theme through the next wave. It may be too early to say but it reminds me of 2015: skull spiders acting as a small threat that foreshadowed the year's climax. This seems to be a peek at the structure we might be getting for later years of Bionicle.

A second Umarak set? That is kind of odd. So I can assume that he gains a new form sometime in the story. I kind of wish that that set was a new character so I would have six bad guys to face off against the six Toa, but it is no big loss.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Storm beast = Air + Water

Lava Beast = Fire + Stone

Quake = Earth + Ice

Umarak is already getting a new form ? Well...

I always prefered new characters to transformation of old ones.

Anyway, I'll wait until we have pictures to see what they look like, set-wise.

On the other hand, if everyone is getting a new form already, I'll wait to see how it's handled in the Netflix serie, story-wise.