Who edited Sapphire's page?!

Fry

Ah, people who clutter the trivia sections of random wiki pages with irrelevant "connections" and "similarities" to random things.

Yeah, I know who it was. The scourge of the internet.

True, I still need to congratulate the guy

Oh, and this:

They also bear some resemblence to the BIONICLE characters Kraata, being large but stubby worm like creatures with segmented bodies

and this:

In the episode "Space Race", the Galaxy Warp's design resembles the Ga-MetruProtodermis Falls architecture from Bionicle.

Edited by Jaek_3
  • Upvote 1

I'm often to blame for cracky attempts to connect SU with Bionicle, and I did once consider writing a Ruby-Tahu/ Sapphire-Kopaka bodyswap comedy, but I'm innocent this time...

While we're at it, they can point out Lapis is similar to Hahli (winged water woman, strong-willed and free-spirited, does not take kindly to being held prisoner, frequently goes against the wishes of the red and orange military type who's supposed to be in charge of her).

Gem corruption is similar to Hordika venom, in that it warps the victim's mind and body into a beastlike state that, once complete, is extremely difficult or nigh-impossible to cure.

The Gem species as a whole is similar to the Matoran in that they are synthetic lifeforms with very long lifespans, no form of biological reproduction and no cultural concept of romance. Specific varieties are created in order to fulfil particular roles in society, and all of these beings are created to serve a higher power. They travel through space in vehicles that resemble robotic bodies or body parts.

... I could do more, but I should probably stop now.

And Gem fusions resembling Kaita fusions? Is there dancing involved in Kaita formation? Headcanon accepted.

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Ko-Matoran use astrology and prophecies to predict the future. Kopaka has had the odd prophetic dream. Not as farfetched as you might think...

When did Kopaka ever have a vision of the future?

In Bionicle Chronicles #1: Tale of the Toa. It was the same vision Gali received in the comics, but Kopaka only experienced part of it cause he was fighting it or something like that.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Hmm... wonder if they're on BZP?

Not really any of our business I suppose.

But I need more people to have stupid discussions about SU-Bionicle similarities and crossovers with.

I need a Gem Fusion/Toa Kaita fanfic in my life. I NEED IT.

Erm... the syntax is a bit... ambiguous there.... Care to elaborate?

But seriously, Akamai and Sugilite would either be instant best buds or immediately start trying to murder each other... 

Steven and Takua is my top pick. I just picture Steven teaching Takua to play the ukelele and they just run around pestering everyone with cute songs about giant Toa.

Kopaka and Sapphire would probably have an understanding, though the former would be completely baffled by the latter's attraction to Ruby.

Ruby and Tahu would probably just end up arguing though.

Amethyst and Matau strike me as having a similar sense of humour. She'd probably get along with G1 Pohatu as welll. Then again, Pohatu would probably instantly adore all of the tiny rock people.

Pearl and Vhisola would have an understanding as well. They can bond over their inferiority complexes and their tragically unrequited love for powerful women twice their size.

Lapis and Hahli, as I said before. Jasper's kind of like a dark version of Jaller (military leader, serious temperament, absolute dedication to their duty, prepared to make huge sacrifices in the name of their cause). I think they'd have a grudging respect for each other, but would definitely not be friends.

Peridot would probably get along with Nuparu. They would build many wonderful inventions together, but would occasionally get carried away and need to be reminded that using dead people for parts and power sources is not okay.

...No, this is not something I think about on a regular basis, why do you ask?

• Upvote 3