Set Review: 71201 Level Pack: Back to the Future

71201_Level_Pack_Back_to_the_Future_Revi

Today we're going back to LEGO Dimensions for another set review. I'm taking a look at 71201 Level Pack: Back to the Future, featuring Marty McFly, a hoverboard, and a DeLorean time machine along with a completely new level for the game. Is it worth going back in time to pick up? Or are you better off getting to the future the old fashion way? Read on to check out our review and gameplay video!

View the full article

Hate to nitpick, but Marty McFly's plaid shirt is definitely not flannel. Flannel is a material, not a pattern. Unless you were referring to the blue article of clothing, which is a jean jacket.

The other parts underneath the hoverboard are probably meant as a display stand of some kind, but really they're just there for the alt builds (same as the parts underneath the companion cube in the Portal 2 level pack). Speaking of which, a bit disappointed that this review doesn't discuss the alt builds, since the instructions are all available online.

The other parts underneath the hoverboard are probably meant as a display stand of some kind, but really they're just there for the alt builds (same as the parts underneath the companion cube in the Portal 2 level pack). Speaking of which, a bit disappointed that this review doesn't discuss the alt builds, since the instructions are all available online.

If people are interested in them, I'll look into reviewing the alt-builds in any future Dimensions reviews we do.

This looks like an interesting battle pack. Especially for people who are fans of the movies. If I had the Lego Dimensions game, this probably wouldn't be the first pack I picked up. But it would be on my list to get.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The other parts underneath the hoverboard are probably meant as a display stand of some kind

I think I'd have to agree with that assessment. I think it's supposed to add to the illusion of hovering, particularly with the blue studs; I don't have the set, but looking at the images, the studs kind of make it seem as if it's doing more a little more than just setting there.

©1984-2016 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life