Battle of the Mask Makers Cover Art Revealed

Amazon.com has revealed the cover art for the second LEGO Bionicle G2 graphic novel, Battle of the Mask Makers. The art focuses on Lewa, Kopaka, and Pohatu, complementing the previous graphic novel's cover art which focused on Onua, Gali, and Tahu. Interestingly, Pohatu is featured in his 2015 "powered up" mode, which has not previously appeared in the story, perhaps hinting that those versions of the Toa might finally make an appearance inside. Follow the link above to check out the new art!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Aw, I was hoping it would feature the actual battle between Ekimu and Makuta on the front cover.

I suppose, but that'll assumedly be shown plenty in the interior pages, and it's kind of nice that they chose to feature the three Toa who weren't featured on the cover of the last graphic novel instead.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm a little surprised that they are using drawings the 2015 sets of Lewa, Kopaka, and Pohatu on the cover instead of their 2016 sets. Not that I think that they're bad. I think that its weird that a book coming out in 2016 would be promoting sets that came out over a year ago instead of the new sets coming out this year. 

But that isn't a complaint about this cover, as I think it looks really cool.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm a little surprised that they are using drawings the 2015 sets of Lewa, Kopaka, and Pohatu on the cover instead of their 2016 sets. Not that I think that they're bad. I think that its weird that a book coming out in 2016 would be promoting sets that came out over a year ago instead of the new sets coming out this year. 

But that isn't a complaint about this cover, as I think it looks really cool.

Often LEGO books come out a bit out-of-sync with the sets they tie in with. For instance, of the four chapter books tying in with the 2011 Ninjago storyline, the first two came out in September 2011 and the second two weren't out until January 2012. Likewise, with the new LEGO Ninjago graphic novels by Little, Brown & Co, the first one, The Tournament of Elements, came out in September of last year (when the next story arc, Possession, was already underway). The graphic novel focusing on the Possession story arc, titled Ghost Ninja, isn't coming out until March 29 of this year, at which point the Skybound story arc will be underway.

We've seen the same sort of delays happen with the LEGO Bionicle chapter books. Of the two chapter books tying in with the 2015 sets and story, the first came out in September 2015 and the second in late December 2015. So it'll probably be the same with the graphic novels.

• 2 weeks later...