What unusual colors would you like to see in Bionicle sets?

Nescent

I'm going for a metal colour lego has never made. Metallic Copper

That would look so cool on Stone of Jungle figures.

We just really need more copper of everything. I want to create more Steampunk (plus it could make some really cool color schemes, and would be more interesting than classic silver, dark silver, and gold).

We just really need more copper of everything. I want to create more Steampunk (plus it could make some really cool color schemes, and would be more interesting than classic silver, dark silver, and gold).

I really would of loved to see skull grinder in copper shells since his chest plate is coverd in it. That what really got me wanting this color.

Also i would like to see some of the old Merto Nui colors but with a metallic shine to them. That would really give a curtain POP to a set.

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Trans-yellow, as well as some of the older colors in G1 that got phased out in 2004, and maybe some of the now-vanished 2004-10 colors as well.  I know they aren't exactly unusual, but my inner MoCist would love to be able to put to use all of my classic pieces again and have them not clash with the others.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I really would of loved to see skull grinder in copper shells since his chest plate is coverd in it. That what really got me wanting this color.

Also i would like to see some of the old Merto Nui colors but with a metallic shine to them. That would really give a curtain POP to a set.

I agree that a new copper plastic color would be great. And not just in Bionicle—some of this year's Elves characters also feature copper printing, and it'd be great to be able to do more with that color.

In addition to that, I may have mentioned it before, but Lego also has metallic blue and metallic red ink colors that have no plastic equivalent (both colors were used on some of the chest plates of some of last year's Toa). It'd be great to get new plastic equivalents of both, since even when Lego DID have a metallic blue color it was much less vivid than the awesome color that is used on some of those printed parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I sometimes feel that Lego uses gold where copper would be a better choice, simply to avoid making copper parts. The gold feels too mild a hue against black or other darker shells, leaving me wanting something that pops better. 

I definitely could see this working great for some 2017 sets. Lego? You listening?

DO IT

Surprised nobody said teal yet.

/s

What does /S mean? Sarcasm?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

It's a shame copper & the metallic colors used in prints are not appealing enough to kids, having more metallic pieces would be nice.

I don't know how much of it is "not appealing enough to kids" and how much is just LEGO not expecting to get enough use out of the colors to justify their existence. Getting new colors approved for use in LEGO is not easy. Back around 2003 when LEGO was in the midst of their worst financial crisis, one of their problems was that their color palette had ballooned wildly out of control, with some colors that were hardly even being used in sets. Consider, for instance, the metallic colors used for the Rahkshi backs, feet, and faceplates — you could count the number of sets many of those colors were used for on one hand.

The LEGO Group realized that they had to review their color palette, get rid of extraneous colors, and make sure the colors they kept were of sufficiently consistent quality. Among other things, it was during this process that Grey, Dark Grey, and Earth Orange (Mata Brown) were replaced with Medium Stone Grey, Dark Stone Grey, and Reddish Brown. In terms of metallic shades, LEGO had more than a dozen metallic plastic colors back in '03. Today they've whittled that down to three (Warm Gold, Silver Metallic, and Titanium Metallic).

It was hard work getting the LEGO color palette back under control, and LEGO isn't in any hurry to go down that road again. Chances are, few of the colors suggested in this topic are likely to make a comeback unless they're still on the LEGO Group's color palette. If it's been more than two or three years since a color appeared in any LEGO theme (not just Bionicle), then chances are it's been retired and isn't coming back.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Teal, just so I could make a Persian-themed guy (combine it with tan). I would say purple, but it is returning, so there is no need.

Well it looks like people want some copper parts.

LEGO give the people what they want!!

Love me some copper. GIMME MAH COPPAH!

No officers, not you, the metallic mineral. I apologize for the confusion.

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 4 weeks later...

So, the ones I'd like to see the most out of the non-discontinued ones (since teal's situation is somewhat unknown) are Medium Nougat and Medium Blue.

Medium Nougat would be interesting! That hasn't shown up in CCBS at all, save for the beard on Obi Wan's head sculpt. I do think it has a better chance of appearing in other Star Wars constraction sets than in Bionicle, though, particularly if it becomes necessary for a character's skin tone. The current Bionicle sets don't exactly have a deficit when it comes to earth tones, with Dark Orange, Sand Yellow, and Reddish Brown all appearing in Ketar alone, and since Medium Nougat is so similar to Dark Orange I don't really see the need for it in Bionicle.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother