Technic Tournament 3 & Knuckles

Pahrak Model ZX

Welcome to Technic Tournament!  16 characters from Lego’s buildable action figure lines have been selected to face off against each other, eliminating opponent after opponent until only one fighter remains!  However, the organization running this league is unbelievably lazy, so you, the players, are responsible for promoting this event.  On the plus side, whatever money comes in will (eventually) go to you!  The player who wins is the one who has the most money at the end of the tournament!

Getting Started:

To join this game, you must create a profile explaining how talented you are in the four types of promotion.  You have 13 points to allocate to the following areas, though no more than 5 points can be put in any one area:

-TV Commercial
-Radio Ad
-Internet Campaign
-Magazine Ad

I will approve your profile and give you 5000 Widgets to start.  Promotion for Round 1 begins immediately: look at the match ups below, and then decide which fighters you wish to promote.  You can promote as many or as few fighters as you want or have Widgets for, but you cannot promote both fighters in the same match—if Nick Bluetooth and Umarak are fighting and you promote Nick, you can’t promote Umarak that round.

Basic Gameplay:

For each fighter you wish to promote, say who it is, which of the four methods you will be using, and how many Widgets you are putting into that attempt.  I will then roll a die; if the result is equal to or less than your profile’s talent in that area, you will be successful!  How much money you raise is determined by the exact result, with lower results giving more Widgets.  So, rolling a 1 will give you the most Widgets no matter your specialty, but if your specialty is 1 than that’s the only way you’ll get any Widgets as opposed to getting at least some if you have a higher specialty.

The amount of Widgets produced is then put in the pot for the fighter in question.  Whichever fighter has a larger pot moves on to the next round, and the Widgets from both pots are added up and distributed equally amongst the players who promoted the winning fighter.  The winnings are only given to players who successfully promoted.

If your attempt fails, you can ask for a reroll.  A reroll is free and you are guaranteed success—but you’ll only make half as much this way.  You can only ask for a reroll once per round.

You can have a balance of 0 Widgets after promotion, since you will receive Widgets if a fighter you promoted wins, but if you have 0 Widgets and your fighter loses, you are out of the game.

Keep in mind, there is a limit to how often you can use each type of promotion!  If you have a 5 or 4 in that method, you can only use it once per round. If you have a 3 or 2 in that method, you can use it twice per round. If you have a 1 in that method, you can try it three times per round.

More Details:

Each line has an affinity for a certain type of promotion.  If you use the corresponding promotion with a fighter from that line, I will add 1 to your talent for that roll.  TV Commercial works best for Bionicle (both G1 and G2), Radio Ad works best for Hero Factory and Knights Kingdom, Internet Campaign works best for RoboRiders and Exo-Force, and Magazine Ad works best for Slizers and Galidor.  (On the other hand, if you succeed using a non-corresponding method, the resulting Widgets will be multiplied x1.5, so don’t be afraid to use some variety!)

Once a fighter has been promoted by a certain number of players in a single round, that fighter becomes harder to promote.  Any attempts to promote the fighter past this point will have 1 deducted from their talent for that roll, and rerolls will not be offered.  When this occurs changes by round.  In Round 1, it activates when more than two people promote the same fighter; in Round 2, more than 3; in the Semi-Finals, more than 4.  For the Championship Match, it will still activate when more than 4 players promote the same fighter, but rerolls will be offered—however, they will only use 25% of the original input.  In the Title Match (see below), success is still guaranteed, but the second roll will take the deduction if promoted by more than 4 players.

Round 1 will last one week.  From round 2 on, all rounds will last four days.

At the end of the tournament a Title Match will be held, giving you one last chance while the winning fighter goes against our Defending Champion: Pridak!  For the Title Match, you will have only one opportunity to promote, so choose your method and Widget input wisely!  Your roll is guaranteed to succeed, but there will then be a second roll—if the second roll lands on a number equal to or lower than your talent in that promotion, your Widgets will be multiplied againNeither the corresponding talent boost nor the non-corresponding multiplier apply to Title Match rolls, and rerolls are not offered.

Starting from round 2, if all players agree that they want to end a round early and move on to the next, I will do so.  I will have to hear from everyone, though, unless the person we’re waiting on was not heard from in the previous round.

New players are allowed to join whenever, but keep in mind that it’ll be more difficult to catch up with each passing round!  Join now for your best chance!

Player List:

-Ghidora,12559186  W

-Pulse, 0 W

-Lucina, 12559186 W

-ShadowVezon, 0 W

-Makuta Luroka, 13284205 W

-Pohatu: Uniter of Stone, 12559186 W

-ToaTimeLord, 0 W

-Unit#phntk#1, 0 W

Round 1: (Ends Tuesday, February 9th at 11:30 AM EST)

-Boss RoboRider (0 W) vs Hybrid Rescue Tank (0 W)

-Gorm (0 W) vs Narmoto/Protector of Fire (300 W)

-Nick Bluetooth (15018 W) vs Blaster Slizer (0 W)

-Umarak the Hunter (35750 W) vs Danju (0 W)

-Virus Rider (0 W) vs Kopaka Mata (2750 W)

-Mobile Devastator (9000 W) vs William Furno (0 W)

-Jet/Judge Slizer (0 W) vs Vladek (400 W)

-Dragon Bolt (2991 W) vs Tuma (0 W)

Round 2: (Ends Saturday, February 13th at 12 PM EST)

-Hybrid Rescue Tank (0 W) vs Narmoto/Protector of Fire (8250 W)

-Nick Bluetooth (0 W) vs Umarak the Hunter (95822 W)

-Kopaka Mata (0 W) vs Mobile Devastator (60000 W)

-Vladek (0 W) vs Dragon Bolt (2700 W)

Semi-Final Round: (Ends Wednesday, February 17th at 1 PM EST)

-Narmoto/Protector of Fire (10000 W) vs Umarak the Hunter (439028 W)

-Mobile Devastator (222000 W) vs Dragon Bolt (0 W)

Championship Match: (Ends Monday, February 22nd at 12:30 AM EST)

-Umarak the Hunter (3601346 W) vs Mobile Devastator (23754 W)

Title Match: (Ends Friday, February 26th at 1 AM EST)

-Pridak (39,241,084 W) vs Umarak the Hunter (10,995,660 W)

Edited by Pahrak #0579
  • Upvote 1

Secrete Service of his most royal highness Pridak

We call upon you to beat the daylights out of everybody!

TV Commercial: 5

Radio Ad: 0

Internet Campaign: 3

Magazine Ad: 5

300W on Nick Bluetooth via Magazine Ad. And you know Pridak will win.

You know it.

Edited by Ghidora131

By the sounds of Pridak supremacy, it appears it may be time for me to enter the business of tournament sponsorship.

TV Commercial - 5

Radio Ad - 4

Internet Campaign - 3

Magazine Ad - 1

3000 Widgets into a TV Commercial for Mobile Devastator.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Here we are, again. May that overgrown shark finally meet its defeat. 

TV Commercial: 4

Radio Ad: 3
Internet Campaign: 1
Magazine Ad: 5

You know who I will mold into the fighter to defeat Pridak once and for all? Umarak. Umarak the Hunter. Umarak, the 'Shark' Hunter. Umarak, the hunter of creatures. Because sharks are creatures, and Pridak is a shark. 

Therefore... 3000W on Umarak. Through the Radio Ad. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

ShadowVezon: Welcome to the tournament!  Your commercial is successful, bringing in 9000 for Mobile Devastator!  You currently have 2000 W.

Pulse: Welcome to the tournament!  Your ad has failed, but you still have a reroll this round.  You currently have 2000 W.

You know who I will mold into the fighter to defeat Pridak once and for all? Umarak. Umarak the Hunter. Umarak, the 'Shark' Hunter. Umarak, the hunter of creatures. Because sharks are creatures, and Pridak is a shark.

Pulse: Welcome to the tournament!  Your ad has failed.

HAHAHAHA

Does the reroll affect all my earnings from this round, or only those from that roll?

If so, can I save that reroll until later? Right now it's probably safer to leave it, but I'm aware that someone could undercut me later.

Edited by ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I'll also put 3W on Nick Bluetooth via a Magazine Ad.

Because I can. And, should Umarak fail, Nick Bluetooth will Nick Bluetooth its way into victory. And, since it's not Pridak, I am fine with it. 

I am in agreement here.

If there is one being prophesied to defeat Pridak, it is Nick Bluetooth.

Pulse: Your commercial has failed.  You currently have 997 W.

Pohatu: Welcome to the tournament!  What method will you be using to promote Umarak?

Ghidora: Profile received.  Since Nick Bluetooth has become more difficult to promote since your last edit, do you still want to attempt to promote him?

Pulse: Your commercial has failed.  You currently have 997 W.

Pohatu: Welcome to the tournament!  What method will you be using to promote Umarak?

Ghidora: Profile received.  Since Nick Bluetooth has become more difficult to promote since your last edit, do you still want to attempt to promote him?

Nah, let's put 1000W on Kopaka.