Star Wars: Interregnum

sunflower

OOC: What do you mean "are we famous?" Wasn't Talik supposed to be a popular duelist and Cy a  famous swoop rider. I would have thought they would get recognized from time to time, especially by people with related interests.

IC: "Cylund Calrissian," Nadia said, with a smile. "Yeah I've seen you before, on the swoop track. You think I wouldn't recognize a fellow swoop champion?"

"And how could I not recognize Talik Vao from the dueling rings," Tashka said. "I would have joined myself, except the upper city nerfherders didn't like aliens coming up to enlist, and they especially didn't want a Togruta who could actually take care of herself in a fight."

"Hey girls," said a sudden voice from nearby. Nadia turned to see Layna approaching. 

"You again," Nadia muttered. "Did you find Rebekkah?"

Layna thought about her response. If she'd realized how much secrecy she would need to employ she probably wouldn't have gotten the other gang members involved. For now, it was straight forward enough.

"No," Layna said. "It turned out to be a young newlywed. Probably one of your witnesses saw the image and confused her with someone else."

"I see," Nadia wasn't entirely buying it. That said, this was probably not the best time to ask questions. "You still owe me."

"Of course," Layna said. "Where's Viseria?"

"She's sleeping," Tashka said.

Layna stared at the Togruta with some confusion. She hadn't exactly met this member of the gang yet.

"Oh, my name's Tashka."

"Layna. I was on my way back. I needed to talk to Gonzai about something. What's going on here?"

Nadia smiled. "A chance meeting between a few big names on Taris," she said. She pointed towards one of the men. "That's Cylund Calrissian, another swoop rider. The Twi'lek is Talik Vao, popular duelist."

"Well, it's nice to meet you," Layna said, smiling shyly. "Look, I've got something important to take care of so unless your new friends can get me a ship with no questions asked I should be going."

IC: From her position at a distance, Kyra could see that some sort of meeting was occurring. A few gang members were present, along with one or two others she didn't recognize. Talik's face was distinct enough, he had popped up on the viewscreens from time to time, but she wasn't in any mood to talk to him, not unless he had work available.

R9 quickly rolled next to the ex-rebel. She emitted a momentary whistle as she swiveled her dome to face Kyra.

"Come on," Kyra finally said. "We'll go by the bounty office. They may have some information about employment." She made her way towards the group, R9 whistling as she extended her third leg and followed.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:

[Sue, The Stray Tach, Lower Reaches]

Sue whipped up the Coruscant cooler in no time, setting it in front of the man that had just arrived.  She would have been grateful for the man’s directness, but if anything he gave off more of a chill than his companion.  Sue needed something to distract her thoughts before they started ringing the alarm bells in her head with more ferocity.

She stopped briefly to take the Togrutans order, but tossed it once she left along with her friends and finished preparing the pie, setting it in the oven with a satisfied grunt.

Then, she fried a few more chyntucks, whisking them onto plates along with dip.  It was getting active enough that all the servers were on duty, but most of the inn’s clientele were skipping the harder stuff for Sue’s homebrewed Tarisian ale and Ne’tra gal.  It was a familiar routine that occupied her hands and attention, if not her mind.

OOC: I keep trying to find interactions, but I'm not having much success. I've tried messaging a few people about possible options but I never seem to get any responses. I guess it's possible that a lot of people are really busy at the moment (not an unreasonable assumption this time of year) and haven't had time to reply, or there aren't really any venues for interaction open at the moment.  I know there isn't really anything I can add to the b-wing plot at the moment, seeing as that is largely confined to the Taris scrapyard and none of my characters have any shot of getting there at the moment.

OOC: I'd wager that part of the reason you find it so hard to get any responses is you don't wait for any, and instead jump your characters around like a magpie in a tinfoil factory.  You have enough characters that you can just let some them stay put.  Sen's managed to get a huge chunk of the action just by sitting still.  It's also important to be realistic about your character interactions; if you just have your character go up to some random on the street because you happen to know about them being plot important, you're not going to get a very favorable response.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Nadia paused, somewhat confused. If anyone could have recognized one of the biggest swoop riders on Taris, it should be a fellow swoop rider.

"Really?" She finally said. "Nadia Rinlo. I ride for the Vulkars. I'm one of the most popular swoop riders on Taris. I won a big race a few days ago that ended in several gang members being injured by a wookie. You really haven't heard of me?"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: (Nadia/Tashka, Lower City Streets)

"Really?" Nadia asked. "That explains why I haven't seen you in a while. It must have been what... three, four years ago I last saw you on the race track."

IC: (Kyra Drayen, Taris Lower Streets)

Kyra wandered down the street. Not much to see other than the discussion among the gang members. There was that small Imperial Outpost, though the stormtrooper guarding it seemed to show no interest in her. For now, she was merely interested in looking at Employment possibilities. It didn't need to be anything huge, or glamorous. All she needed was something to keep her mind occupied. R9 accompanied her as she entered the local employment office. To find such a place on Taris was hardly a surprise; with so many people there was a lot of unemployment. People and droids were gathered around, looking for work. At one desk, a Rodian was offering bounties; one thing about Taris, a person could do that kind of work in broad daylight and nobody noticed.

Elsewhere, there was an information desk, along with a few people taking this opportunity to peddle goods. "IT'S A TRAP" A Mon Calamari yelled from his booth, which appeared to contain samples of seafood. "Ackbar's Cantina has the finest in authentic Mon Calamari cuisine; you won't be able to stop eating!"

Not a great pitch for Kyra. Only a few months and already people were trying to capitalize on Admiral Ackbar's newfound fame.

One young salesman, probably of some major corporation, appeared to be advertising a new model of droid.

"Excuse me," he shouted out as Kyra passed. She turned toward him frustratedly and approached.

"That droid of yours is looking old," he said, motioning toward R9. The droid let out a condescending beep in anger.

"R2 units are a thing of the past now," the Salesman continued, motioning towards the strange droid he had displayed next to him. It had a dome reminiscient of an astromech droid, complete with a sensor "eye." What was unusual was that it was placed on a large vertical disk, which appeared to encase its tools.

"Well, I present to you the BB-Unit," the Salesman said with enthusiasm. "It's the latest innovation in droid technology. Moves faster, contains far more tools, and it is more compact for easy storage! This is the future of droids!"

R9 quickly let out a condescending beep towards the BB-droid. The BB-droid responded with a snappy comeback. In a few seconds, the two droids were bickering with each other.

"R9," Kyra said, after a moment of listening to heated beeps delivered back and forth. "Calm down. Nobody is going to replace you. Come on."

The droid reluctantly continued to follow Kyra as she approached the information desk. "Excuse me," she said. "I'm looking for work. It doesn't need to be anything fancy as long as it brings in credits. I'm good with machines and I've got a hardworking droid."

OOC: Alright, so I figure M31 should probably offer a post related to the employment office. In the meantime, I've got to find the patience to keep Kyra in there until I receive a response.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC (Vanndred):

IC: Jenth

A fiery head of hair popped up from behind the scarred casing of a utility droid that dated from well before the Clone Wars as the solid knock reverberated through the shop. Jenth swiveled her head, then her stool, to look over at the (amazingly not dented) door. Judging by the echo, it was the mercenary; huge lizard ma-err, Vanndred. He was earlier than she had expected, that or she really had just lost track of time. The fact that the few windows in the building were obscured by parts made telling time beneath the skyscrapers all the more challenging.

The mechanic hopped down from her perch, which brought her head below the casing once again, pushing her welding goggles up onto her forehead and removing the heavy gloves that adorned her hands.

"Get that for me, will ya?" Jenth asked the white-armored droid that had been carrying a kinda functioning servo towards her. The former battledroid acknowledged with a low tone, and moved to open the door. The entrance opened with a keypress to reveal the Chistori, a box slung up on his shoulder.

The SBD simply stared at him with a distinct lack of interest, which was impressive considering the extremely limited emotive abilities of its sunken head assembly.

"Hey, come on in," Jenth called from behind the mechanical hulk, pausing for a moment before adding to the droid, "...Let him in."

IC:

Behind the desk sat a bored looking Duros, her pale blue skin gaunt for even her species. It took a moment for the administrator to look up from the datapad currently occupying her focus, long enough to exhale rather pointedly, and slide the device to the side. 

Red eyes focused on Kyra, half surprised that the human hadn't left yet. "Machines, huh?" She asked, though it was rather obviously not a question, tilting her head up to get a look at R9. "Fine, here."

Another datapad was produced from beneath the counter by the Duros, this one considerably more worn than the first. She pushed it forward for Kyra to see.

"We have listings for transport pilots; freight and personnel, groundside port workers, though the Imperials are always in need of labor," she droned out mechanically, the last part obviously not just something that her boss required her to say.

IC:

Rav stayed quiet during the exchange, had had no reason to speak.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (The Stray Tach, Nokon Raine): Raine chuckled into his glass, shaking his head at his commanding office. "Trust me Liare, if she gets the credit for the bag, I'll shove you down the lift shaft and jump after myself. Can't stand the woman really, and she'll only be more insufferable if she gets the bag. Why did we bring her again?"

Nokon paused, glancing around the bar. Something felt strange to him, something was off about this place. It looked, felt, smelled, and tasted like any other dive bar he'd been to, but something made him uneasy. He narrowed his eyes and slowly reached out with the Force, testing the waters of this place. There was something, something familiar... Some kind of presence, perhaps. Nokon sighed as he pulled back to himself, his skills lay more in augmenting his physical abilities, this was not his strong suit. Hopefully he could talk to Liare about it, see what the other man thought, if he even felt anything.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:

"She's kinda useful." The male Inquisitor said, shrugging a little and idly rotating his empty glass about on its bottom edge with his right hand. He leaned back in his seat, seeming to relax a little, and glancing over at his co-worker with a much more familiar look on his face; a grin, however small, suited him much more than a frown. "It's not the insufferable that gets me. People say I'm pretty insufferable."

"It's more the part where I'm pretty sure she'd splash me with chemicals just to see what happened. Kind of a mood killer."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Kyra took the datapad, though she hardly showed enthusiasm.

"Thank you," she muttered as she looked at the listing of jobs. She wasn't sure she was ready to climb into a cockpit again yet. Working at the spaceport, however, seemed acceptable. The job likely involved a lot of heavy lifting and hands-on mechanical work, exactly the kind of thing she needed; and R9 would actually have something to do; a lot of places in the lower city didn't seem to fond of droids. The wages looked at least like they would be enough for her to eat, and if she could save some on the side she could possibly let R9 buy herself some upgrades once in a while. 

"Come on, R9," the ex-rebel said as she walked past the droid, stroking her dome. "We're going to the upper city." The droid emitted an affirmative beep before turning and following, though not without taking a moment to swivel her dome so as to shoot a menacing glare at the BB droid. 

As the two stepped out of the office, they noticed a confrontation close by between some gang members. R9 beeped. As they stepped outside, they saw the gang members were still talking. She figured it best not to get involved, especially as one of them was looking tense. Instead, she turned and made her way in the opposite direction, R9 following behind. There was an elevator to the upper city not far from here. Kyra began making her way towards it.

IC: Layna paused as she looked at Rav. If it hadn't been for him, she would have turned and entered the Vulkar Base as planned. She stared at him momentarily. There had been talk about a Zabrak fugitive. First the stormtrooper, then Rebekkah. Could this be him? A sense of anger overcame her. She approached him on an impulse.

"You know," she said. "I've heard the Empire has been looking for a fugitive, a Zabrak. Apparently he's supposed to be dangerous, and killed an Imperial Officer. Of course, normally I wouldn't concern myself with this matter, seeing as I don't normally take contracts from the Empire."

Layna paused.

"Unfortunately, you've made it personal. I don't care about the money now. All I'm interested in is justice. Mia Arkada, does that name sound familiar to you? It should, because officially you killed her. Maybe you did, or the Empire is blaming you for whatever reason. I don't really care. Either way..."

Layna paused as she reached into her trenchcoat. In a second, she had drawn her blaster and pointed it straight at Rav. "Either way, you're the reason she's dead."

Nadia turned in surprise. "Layna, what are you doing?"

"That officer was my sister, and she is dead because of you." Her tone was changing, growing increasingly hostile and consumed by rage. Her hand was trembling. She could feel the sweat running through her hair.

"Layna-"

"SHUT UP!" the Bounty Hunter shouted as loud as she could at the Twi'lek. She turned her attention back to Rav. "SO YOU'D BETTER GIVE ME A #$%^^ GOOD REASON NOT TO BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF RIGHT NOW!" She finally yelled.

OOC: Kyra and R9 are open to interaction.

Edited by Atton Rand

Sen Fahl-The Stray Tach

IC: The two spacers seemed harmless enough, bantering like any of the hundreds of their fellows that Sen had met over his travels. There was something off about them but nothing to set off an major alarm bells.

Until a wave of power rolled off the big one. A wave so cold and dark it was all Sen could do to not freeze up and break out in goosebumps.

He took a somewhat longer sip from the drink in front of him, buying a couple seconds of removal from the conversation. The last time he had felt anything like that had been back on Mandilor, right before he had left the planet forever.

The Inquisitorious was on Taris, and two of it's members were currently sitting next to him.

The archeologist's mind raced. The two were obviously incognito, although the reason for that could be as simple as a desire to enjoy some off time. The way they were asking about that spacer made that option rather unlikely though. They were most likely trawling for information.

Or they could be there for Sen himself. He had no doubts they he would be hunted mercilessly if they somehow found out that he was still alive. If they attacked him at this range he doubted escape would be possible. Not with two Inquisitors a barstool away.

He needed more information.

"Why don't you give me a description of the robber and some way to contact you. If I see him I'll pass the information along."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Kyra, Taris Lower Streets)

The ex-rebel was making her way towards the elevator. Close behind her, R9 followed. For now, Kyra was merely glad she had something to do for once. After everything she had seen in the rebel alliance, she knew there was no way she would be climbing back into a cockpit. At least she knew enough to be able to work at a spaceport, though. The datapad included information on where to apply, that part wouldn't be too hard. Taris wasn't exactly known to have the greatest employers; they'd probably be willing to take any able-bodied person who knew something about starships.

As Kyra stepped into the elevator, R9 quickly wheeled in before retracting her third leg. She expressed a cheerful beeping as they felt the elevator moving up.

"Yes, R9," Kyra said. "You're finally going to be doing some real work."

A few minutes later, the doors opened, and Kyra squinted in the blinding light. She slowly stepped off the elevator. Unsurprisingly, there was far more sunlight on the surface than there was reaching the lower and under cities. That took some getting used to. What she could see was a much more glamorous environment. Huge buildings towered over platforms which were bustling with those who could afford to live up here.

One detail that quickly became apparent was that nearly everyone up here was human. Most other races lived in the lower levels, where it was not so unusual to see variety. Here, it was almost entirely human. As she was coming out, she quickly spotted and old man standing on the side of the large platforms on which the upper city had been formed. He was shouting a variety of hateful remarks.

"A PLAGUE SPREADS THROUGH OUR STREETS! WOOKIES AND ITHORIANS, HUTTS AND RODIANS! TOGRUTA AND TRANDOSHANS! THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE OUR JOBS! TAKE OUR HOMES!"

Kyra ignored the bigoted old man as she moved on. Living in the lower city made it easy to forget the xenophobia that dominated Taris's upper ranks. Most of the few aliens who inhabited this area were squatting in abandoned apartments, and trying to avoid being noticed. 

As Kyra moved on, she quickly saw more of the Xenophobia emerging. There was a small droid shop nearby, at which she saw a Twi'lek employee working on what appeared to be a protocol droid. Two wealthy-looking men approached and appeared to engage a few words with her. A few seconds later, they were attacking her. The poor girl didn't stand much of a chance as she was dragged out of the shop. One of the men tossed her onto the ground, grabbing her lekku. "GO BACK TO THE CANTINA WHERE YOU BELONG, TWI'LEK!" The last part of that sense had a particular emphasis.

For moment, Kyra could only watch as she observed the abuse of the unfortunate Twi'lek. It didn't take an expert to recognize the grief in R9's mournful beep. Freedom; that was what she had fought for in the Alliance, or at least what she had wanted to fight for. Then that stupid Skywalker kid came along and the alliance became one big joke.

"HEY!" She yelled as she approached the two men. They turned toward her.

"What do you want?" One of them shouted.

"Why are you abusing this Twi'lek?"

"Because she should really know her place," the other man said. "Aliens don't belong up here."

The Twi'lek stared at Kyra, her eyes indicating a plea for something.

"You aren't an alien lover, are you?" One of the men yelled. 

Kyra was growing tense, at least moreso than usual. R9 was moving towards one of them now. In a few seconds, she had extended a small arm, at the end of which was a power coupler. One quick shock caused the man to release his grip on the Twi'lek, and only seconds later Kyra had drawn her blaster and shot both.

"You okay?" She asked as she approached the Twi'lek.

The Twi'lek groaned. "I think so," she said.

Kyra grabbed the Twi'lek's arm, wrapping it around her shoulder and pulling her onto her feet. 

"It's nice to see someone who isn't xenophobic," the Twi'lek said. 

"I didn't realize how bad it was up here," Kyra said. "Ms..."

"Nall. I've been running this droid shop for a few years, only things seem to be getting worse. They'd rather see a Twi'lek work as a cantina dancer than a successful business owner."

Nall looked at R9 momentarily. She smiled as she approached the astromech droid. "You have an R2-unit. Oh, it's beautiful!"

R9 responded with a happy whistle. Nall laughed. "You look like you've seen a lot of action."

"We've got a long history together," Kyra said. "She's saved me more times than I can count."

Nall stroked the droid's dome gently before turning back towards Kyra. "I can't thank you enough for saving me. If you ever need to come by my store I'd be happy to give you a discount... actually... Wait here."

Nall turned back toward the shop. She came back out a moment later with a few old parts. "For your droid. I have a few upgrades I can offer."

"That's not necessary," Kyra said in response.

"Oh no, I insist." Nall handed Kyra the pieces. They looked like the parts of a rocket booster. "You may want to be careful with those."

Kyra paused. "Thank you, she said. "So are these-"

"Rockets. Yeah."

R9 could barely contain her excitement upon hearing of the new upgrade. She beeped loudly while bouncing back and forth.

"Thank you," Kyra said. "I should be going. Next time I need droid parts, I'll be sure to come by."

Nall smiled. Kyra turned.

From here, it was a short walk to reach the shipping offices. Already, she could see ships moving through the Tarisian skyline. Some of them were landing, others were taking off. She approached the office, stepping inside and approaching one of the staff.

"My name is Kyra Drayen. I was told you were looking for workers."

IC:

"Sure thing." Liare slipped a hand into his coat and started rummaging a moment, eventually pulling out a small data chip and setting it on the bar. He flicked it casually, sending it sliding across the bar until it hit Sen's glass, ricocheted, and came to a stop against his knuckles. Much to his delight, given how much it made the Inquisitor grin. "My contact info's on there. No home address, to the disappointment of many, but my datapad's number's on there. The boss has us staying at some place in the Upper City. She's very excited. They say Revan once stayed in a building that was on the same patch of ground once~."

He grinned, shook his head, and laughed softly to himself while he took a quick sip from the flask in his coat. "She's a history nut. Poor girl. Anyway, you can't really miss him. He's all over the news now. Guess he shot some local Imp. Not a surprise, he seemed like the type. You know, what with the robbery and all."

The thought made him want to grimace, just a little, but he hadn't kept away with the Inquisitorius for years by being an open book. Another sip of the sweet ne'tra gal put the sentiment out of his head. His conversational companion, though... Liare hadn't stayed ahead by being oblivious, either. He'd felt Nokon reach out, and he'd seen the other man take a long pause when he did. Inquisitorius presence tended to have that effect, whether anyone was aware of it or not, but it made him frown a little. 

He didn't like being feared.

"I know Raine looks scary, but I promise Mr. Roid Rage is really a big old teddy bear. He hasn't tried using anyone's guts for garters in weeks." He grinned a little at his own joke, gave Raine the same friendly grin, and extended a hand to the archaeologist. "Dunno if I introduced myself yet. Little drunk, if it wasn't obvious. Liare Sarir."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Veyura, people make fun of you all the time, right?" Costa asked wearily. "Do you ever get that little feeling in the Force that you're being mocked somewhere?"

It's the smiley one. I know it.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Odiina Brando:

"Brando. Hey, Brando!"

The trooper shifted and opened her eyes. With little to do, she'd dozed off.

"What is it?" she asked, clearing her throat. 

"Reports of blaster fire in the upper city, we're being dispatched to investigate. Get up!"

Odiina shook the sleep from her brain, and rose, scooping her helmet off the ground and onto her head. "Right, let's go."

"What, no blaster for you?"

She blinked. "Er...right. Armory first."

Two minutes later found Odiina and two other troopers were following one of the sergeants to the upper city.

OOC: OFI

IC: R9 was singing. Well, more accurately, she was was displaying a variety of cheerful beeps and whistles as she worked. It was good to be doing something again, and actually working alongside the Rebel she had served with for so long. For the moment, there wasn't much activity. That didn't stop the local ports from taking anyone willing to work for them, and an extra droid was always welcome. For now, it was a small job that she had to deal with; fixing a terminal. Still, R9 was hard at work, her small arms delicately handling the wires inside.

Kyra on the other hand, didn't have as much hands-on work to be dealing with. A freighter had docked, and she was busy unloading. There were only a few others, and the cargo didn't seem to be anything interesting. Of course it could be worse; she'd heard of smugglers who tried to carry rathtars, something that never ended well. There were only two or three other people working with her at the moment, along with a few droids. She worked with an Aqualish to lift one crate and placed it onto a hoversled, before pushing it down the boarding ramp.

While not the most exciting work, it at least gave her something to do. Not much was going on at the moment. The ships that had arrived appeared to be mostly freighters carrying mundane goods. There'd probably be a smuggler sooner or later, though for now it remained quiet. Not much of a first day, though at least she'd made a friend on Taris. There was no doubt she could find a use for her newfound friendship with Nall the droid shop owner. Someone probably reported the shooting, though it wasn't like anyone on Taris knew who Kyra Drayen was. Everyone seemed to forget as soon as Luke blew up the Death Star. Even if they did find out, it's not like finding a washed-up ex-rebel would have been worth their time anyway. For now, though, she preferred to focus on the task at hand.

OOC: I guess Kyra is open to interaction.

IC (Vanndred, Jenth's Workshop):

Vanndred raised a scaly eye-ridge as he stepped past the modified battle droid. "Interesting company you keep..." he said as he tried to place the droid model under the modifications. He got as far as a CIS model before giving up; the Clone Wars had ended before he had even left his homeworld.

The chistori didn't need to move his head much to survey the room. There were machining stations, a lot of scrap parts, and what he would have called nonfunctional junk. He looked back to the Arkanian, and attempted a smile. "Thanks for seeing me on short notice," he said, placing the box with his armor at his feet. Opening it up, he pulled his gauntlet out, the one with the computer and holoprojector. "I didn't run with as many armor-mounted gadgets as some other hunters I've heard of. The heating regulating system in the armor was in the armor already when I got it, everything else came after. Standardized stuff, I think. This part's full of problems," Vanndred grumbled as he pressed a button on the wrist computer, only to be met with random flashing static from the holoprojector.

"And then, something's wrong with the vibroblade." The chistori, taking care to be pointing the gauntlet away from both Jenth and her droid, squeezed one end of the computer, and a forearm-length blade flipped out. "As I said, it doesn't vibrate. Barely useful as a boxcutter right now."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Odiina & co:

The reports from eyewitnisses had been fairly brief, and pointed to a confrontation that ended in two deaths outside a droid shop owned by a Twi'lek. One of the troopers made a fairly crude comment on the species and was promptly reprimended by the Sergeant, though Odiina had a feeling it was more for vocalising rather than the opinion itself. 

>

>

>

The Twi'lek in question was polite and helpful, though Odiina could tell she was still pretty shaken up. The story was an old one. Discrimination ending in violence. her description of her rescuer was glowing, as was to be expected, but was well noted by the Sergeant .

"She saved my life from those thugs, so I gave her some parts and last I saw her, she was headed to the shipping offices."

"Your assistance is appreciated ma'am, stay safe."

>

>

>

The Secretary at the shipping office was exceptionally long-winded and not particularly helpful. A casual mention of criminal obstruction did get her to be less of an annoyance, though not much. He pointed the troops to a nearby dock. 

>

>

>

aproxximately an hour after first arriving on the scene of the shooting, the troops entered Docking Bay 28-D.

"Spread out, find the suspect."

A trio of " Yes, sir."s filled the comm.

Odiina had spotted her quickly. The woman was a mess, sticking out severely from the other, more well kept(comparitively) dock workers.

Speaking of the workers, they looked nervous, likely due to the team of Stormtroopers entering. It seemed even after the war, the Empire still held fear over the heads of the Galaxy.

Brando stepped over to the woman, currently unloading cargo from a freighter. Raised her E-11. Her voice, harsh and mildly grating through the helmet sounded through the space between the two women.

"In the name of the Empire, you are under arrest for the suspected murder of two civilians."

IC: R9's "singing" was cut short as she she noticed the stormtroopers arriving at the docking bay. The droid tried to remain calm, though she was understandably nervous. It looked like there were only four of them, and they seemed to be moving to different parts of the bay; with an appropriate distraction, escape wouldn't be too hard. Fortunately, the Empire didn't seem to show much interest in old droids.

Kyra was admittedly surprised to find the trooper pointing a loaded blaster at her. Either someone in the Empire really wanted her dead, or her earlier act of vigilante justice was reported faster than she expected. Based on the trooper's statement, it appeared to be the latter.

"Wait what?" Kyra said. "What are you talking about?"

Edited by Atton Rand

Sen Fahll-The Stray Tach

IC: "Sen Kazen."

His first name was fairly common for Mandalorians of his age group and he had picked the most generic last name he could think of on the spot. It was one thing to act friendly with an Inquisitor, it was quite another to say that he had the same name as one of the dead bodies on their list of wanted men.

"An archeologist by trade, although I'm between digs at the moment. Finished unearthing a five hundred year old village about two weeks ago. Swamps may be great for preserving things but you would be surprised at how long it can take to get decomposing plant matter out of your clothes."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Archaeologist?" Liare stared, for a rather long moment, with an expression of exaggerated worry before laughing to himself. He clapped Sen on the back with the extended hand in lieu of the offered handshake, before he pulled it back and crossed his arms across his chest. It took a minute for the last vestiges of laughter to subside (he was, after all, two very hard drinks, several swallows of ne'tra gal, and a hard coffee in) but he gave the other man a quick grin once they did. "No offense, friend, but you're never meeting my boss. I'd be replaced. The nerd hates that I don't get uncontrollably excited by history."

"As for the swamp, no thanks. This is a thousand credit coat. I'd be inconsolable if I had to figure out how to get plant matter out of it. Genuine tears. An an archaeological dig'd probably save the people I've off the trouble of putting a blaster bolt 'tween my eyes. I'd do it for 'em." Chuckling to hiimself again, he sipped at the flask and shook his head. "Don't get me wrong, more power to you. It's the only way people like me can ask people like you for the cliff notes version. But I couldn't do it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Unseen by the stormtrooper, R9 had stopped her repairs, her sensor looking directly at the one pointing the rifle at Kyra. There were only three others, currently spread out. All she needed was to draw the trooper's attention long enough for Kyra to gain the upper hand.

The R2 unit ran through her memory banks, trying to decide what out of her large arsenal of tools would work best. The arc welder wouldn't be much good; the stormie's armor would probably absorb the shock. The buzz saw on the other hand, that could do it. While there wouldn't be time to do much, she would be able to damage the armor and draw the stormie's attention for a second. That was all she needed.

Slowly, and quietly, R9 approached the Stormtrooper, who appeared to be charging Kyra. It seemed she was wanted for her act of vigilante justice, and the troopers remained unaware of her prior association with the rebel alliance. Still, if she could have been identified and executed after her arrest. R9 wasn't about to let that happen.

The droid was close to the stormtrooper now. Carefully, she extended her small metal arm, at the end of which was a round buzzsaw, normally designed for repairs. She carefully placed the saw against the white plate on the stormtrooper's left leg, and began spinning it. She produced a happy whistle.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: So I did find some mention of the shuttle being sent back up to Insight to pick up, among other marginally useful pieces of cargo, my character. Time to stop behaving like marginally useful cargo, I suppose.

IC:

Varis was waiting in the hangar when the shuttle doors opened, and if she'd had to run to make it there on time, she showed little sign of being out of breath as she stepped forward to greet the first person off the shuttle. 

"So how's it going down there? Is that rock as much of a mess as the prelim briefings made it out to be?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Okay, so five of my characters are engaged at the moment. I'm still waiting for responses from both Ghosthands and M31 with regards to Layna, Nadia, and Tashka. I also have to wait for Strider before carrying on with Kyra and R9. I guess that leaves Dak.

IC: The stormtrooper remained by herself. Staying in the Vulkar Base was becoming increasingly tedious. It didn't do much good that there was no sign of her friends anywhere. 

At the moment, she was in the bedroom, though sleep was hard to come by. Her mind kept going back to those final moments in the scrapyard, when she had barely escaped. Nearby, she could hear Viseria's soft breathing as the young Miraluka slept. It hand't exactly been an easy time for any of them. For Dak, it was hard to function. She remained seated on her bed, trying to make sense of what had happened.

"Are you okay?" a voice suddenly asked.

Dak looked toward the bed. Viseria was stirring. The Miraluka was awake.

"I'm fine," Dak said.

Viseria quickly got to her feet, taking a seat next to Dak. "I know this isn't easy for you. Come on, let's go eat. I'm hungry anyway."

The Miraluka stood, putting a hand on Dak's shoulder. She reluctantly stood and followed her.

OOC: I guess Dak is open for interaction.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC Odiina Brando:

She repeated herself, slower this time, in a fashion that could almost be considered condescending.

"In  the name  of  the  Empire,  you  are  under  arrest  for  the  suspected  murder  of  two  civilians."

If she took any notice of the saw grinding itself uselessly against her armor, she made no indication of it.

IC: "What are you talking about?" Kyra asked. "I'm a dockworker, okay. I don't know anything. This is Taris, people get killed senselessly all the time. I don't know any specifics. Whoever it was, they probably had it coming anyway. At least tell me why I'm being charged."

R9's effort has so far proven ineffective. She had managed to make a dent in the armor, a small crack. Although it wasn't anything huge, it probably would be something the Stormie would want to get looked at as soon as possible, and which would probably get her in trouble during an inspection.

R9 carefully retracted her arm. She paused for a moment. If she was going to give the stormie the appropriate distraction, she needed something else. Her tools didn't seem to be effective; either the trooper wasn't noticing or was deliberately ignoring her. R9 needed a different tactic, something the trooper wouldn't be able to ignore so easily. Getting her off-guard was the trick, it was all a matter of figuring out how to do that.

The R2 unit extended her third leg and quickly turned around, rolling away from the Stormtrooper, whose attention still seemed to be preoccupied by her confrontation with the ex-rebel who appeared to her nothing more than a petty crook. A few metres away, R9 stopped and rotated her dome to face the stormtrooper. She quickly turned and began to wheel towards the trooper in a straight line. As she did, she tried to move at maximum speed. There wasn't much distance to build it up, though she was able to move quickly enough to do what she needed to do.

The trooper was getting closer. R9 remained focused, rolling towards her as fast as she could. Finally, she rolled straight into the trooper's legs.

IC Odiina Brando:

Rookie though she may have been, Odiina Brando was not, in fact, stupid. Astromech droids made a good amount of noise when they moved.

It was fairly easy to step to the right, keeping her blaster trained on the suspect, and pulling the trigger, the stun bolt's telltale blue ring flaring.

IC: While the Stormtrooper hadn't exactly taken her eyes off Kyra, it did appear that R9's distraction had partially drawn her attention, enough that she consciously had to avoid being struck. The was her chance. It was now or never. The Ex-Rebel lunged toward the stormtrooper, jumping and attempting to wrap her arms around her.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC Odiina:

Taken more by surprise by the fact that her shot had missed than anything else, TK-2449 was indeed still caught off guard by the tackle.

The pair made it about halfway to the ground before her training kicked in, and she too wrapped her arms around the suspect, activating the stun shock gauntlets that had been issued her for non lethal apprehension.

OOC: It's kinda funny reading this. Odiina may actually be somewhat competent, which is somewhat ironic with the way everyone makes fun of the Stormtroopers as being ineffective soldiers.

IC: This situation was not looking good. Kyra was in serious trouble, and R9 appeared to lack the means of taking on the stormtroopers directly. Fortunately, Odiina's efforts appeared to be focused primarily on Kyra. Rolling away wasn't a huge issue. What she needed was a quick getaway, something fast. Good thing she was at a space port, where finding vehicles wouldn't be too difficult. Commandeering a spaceship was excessive, and probably not the best idea; though she would be fully capable of doing it. Of course, there were plenty of other vehicles to be found; speeders were all over the place. Some of the local spacers appeared to have parked swoops and airspeeders nearby. There were also a few airtaxis ready to take any new arrivals around Taris.

R9 wheeled through the crowded streets as fast as she could. The astromech droid swiveled her dome, scanning every vehicle she could see to find one that would work for her ends. Several different airspeeders were present that were obviously not built with the intent of holding an astromech droid. Her attention was finally drawn toward a T-16 Skyhopper, probably belonging to some spacer. While the vehicle wasn't exactly built with the intent of being controlled by an astromech droid, R9 knew well that they worked not much differently from an X-wing. Kyra would be able to fly it, R9 only needed to get it to her.

The astromech droid approached the vehicle as quickly as she could. The doors on the back were locked. It only took some quick work with her scomp link to override the few security protocols that were in place. The owner probably installed those precautions with the expectation of keeping out petty crooks, and didn't think much of an astromech droid trying to steal it. 

The doors opened, R9 quickly rolled into the ship. It was small and cramped. There was a port on the side she was able to use to link to the ship's computer. Quickly, she slid her scomp link into the hole, and in a few seconds she had control of the skyhopper. The doors shut behind her as its engines started. R9 expressed an enthusiastic beep as she carefully navigated the craft toward the docking bay.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC (Isariah):

The pilot walked along the streets a few blocks away from the spaceport, taking stock of her options after a few conversations with mechanics and parts salesmen.

All of the parts she needed were technically available, but as most of the proceeds from her last job had gone to securing a berth at a shipyard drydock, not even the compression coil needed to repair the sublight engines was within her price range.

What she needed was a job - either something that would pay off while she was still on Taris, or an employer willing to provide the funds to fix Khorshid in advance of a job that needed the ship. As neither was jumping out at her, all she could really do was keep walking, and keep an eye on the people around her, hoping someone, one way or another, would lead her to something good.

OOC: I really wish I had something better to open with, but I might have written myself into a corner with that profile, and I'm still not clear on whether I'm waiting for something with the shuttle, or if I'm supposed to just head straight dirtside.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Well, you could always come for a drink...

IC:

[Sue, The Stray Tach, Lower Reaches]

Fortunately for Sue, she was in the bathroom when the large smuggler decided to do...whatever he did.  If she had not, she would have likely dropped something a lot heavier than the spray bottle and the wooden comb she was using to freshen up.  As it was, she felt a momentary wave of nausea before it was gone, the previous chill still lurking in her veins.  Somehow, she sensed it was related to the latest arrival at the bar, like she smelled the phantom of his individual odor.

She splashed some lukewarm water on her face and gave it another comb through before going back up to the bar.   Psan looked supremely relieved that she was no longer away.  The broad shouldered smuggler wouldn’t really have intimidated her if it wasn’t for that chill, but she had a few standard inches on him.  The slight, gray-skinned Nikto did not.

Stopping Psan with a tap on the shoulder before he could flee back into the brewery, she checked the pie in the oven.  After she had determined it was done, she took it out and cut a steaming slice for her young apprentice.  After nodding and a murmured thanks, he took the plate and slipped out.

Sue waited a bit for the pie to cool before cutting a slice for herself and for Sen.

“Enjoy,”  TK translated for her as she set the plate in front of him.  “Tell me if you want a drink to go with that.”

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

OOC: Seems likely to be my best bet, aye. My previous IC was pretty useless, so I don't care if we just assume this takes place after a fair bit of walking, or if we regard that one as a false start.

IC (Isariah - The Stray Tach):

Wandering for a while took her into the lower levels of Taris, where it seemed as though the hints of urban decay she'd seen closer to the port where distilled into their pure form, liberally mixing broken windows, thick coatings of grime, and a nearly-blinding overuse of neon lights. Crammed into the middle of this was one bar, announcing itself to be The Stray Tach, that seemed, given the company it kept, to be reasonably well-taken-care-of. Having seen more than enough of the streets of Taris - which, if not mean, were at least a bit sad - Isariah decided that a bit of hot food and some talkative company might do her more good than walking around in circles. Without a moment's hesitation, she pulled the door open and stepped inside, taking a moment to take stock of the crowd inside.

It seemed to be a bit of a busy day, but not so bad that there wasn't a free spot near the bar. Seeing a Wookiee in an apron serving some pie to one of the patrons, she nodded to herself and made her way to a small table nearby, where she could get something to eat, and maybe, if she was lucky, hear someone speak at length about how desperately they needed a decent pilot.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

"Kriff lady!"

It was easy enough for him to put some surprise and fear into his voice, not least of which because of the fact that it was more than a bit genuine. He raised his hands to shoulder level instinctively, though more of a result of training taking over than surprise. He had no intention of appearing threatening right then, not when there was a blaster leveled with his head.

"What is your problem!?"

Fortunately enough for him, the psychotic woman decided to close the distance between them herself, which made things much simpler. What she raging on about was enlightening, to say the least, and benefited him more than she could know. Unless there was some other Zabrak fugitive running around Taris, which wasn't at all unlikely given the population of the ecumenopolis. And the fact that they were only pinning him for murder. Not that he expected the Imps to be honest about it, but seeing as he'd blown up a cruiser and such he was expecting more.

It was almost insulting.

Still, there was a blaster pointed at him.

The woman took a second to yell at her colleague, who looked almost as emotionally distressed as the one holding the pistol, and Rav took the opportunity. Before she had a chance to return her attention back to him the weapon was torqued out of her trembling grip as Rav snapped his hands together; one impacted on the top of the blaster, slamming it away from his face as he dropped his head in the opposite direction, while the other contacted her wrist. He felt the heat of a plasma bolt shoot past his head and into the duracrete ground even before the metallic retort of the blaster sounded. She honestly may not have intended to fire the shot, the trigger could have just been depressed by the sudden disarming motion.

Either way, he had no intention of starting a streetside firefight with whoever she was, and tossed the pistol to the ground behind him, holding up his hands once again.

"Do you normally go around threatening to melt the face off every Zabrak you see? I have no idea what you're going on about, I've never shot an Imperial, let alone an officer," his voice was even, measured. He'd much rather talk some sense into the woman than the alternative.

Well, never shot an Imperial on Taris, that is.

IC:

A single tone sounded from Costa Vespula's comm, a dull monotone note that signaled a communication from orbit.

"Ma'am, we have completed initial data analysis on the droid recovered from the B-Wing." The voice was slightly distorted, the small blue image displayed an officer seated at one of the Insight's bridge consoles. "Unfortunately the flight banks were purged upon activation; standard New Republic protocol. We are currently attempting to reconstruct the data, though it will take some time."

"We were able to pull quite a bit of data from the Astromech, though. It appears to have been linked into the starfighter's computer when the debris rendered it inoperable. Logic processors were completely destroyed, though its memory storage was intact. It appears that the New Republic agent made a series of short range hyperspace jumps to evade sensors, starting from Bogden to Null and then Suurja. However he stayed on Suurja for an extended period of time, before receiving a tight-band hyperwave transmission from what we believe to be New Republic Command. Shortly thereafter a transmission was received from Taris itself, and then one sent back to this planet. It was between Suurja and Taris where our patrol ships stopped his fighter."

"We haven't been able to decode the communications as of now, thought Inquisitor Kryik believes that the agent has a contact on Taris. He also instructed me to notify you that he had a, ah, sense on that matter."

IC: Jenth

"Shouldn't be too difficult to fix," whatever apprehension came with dealing with a massive saurian bounty hunter melted away in the face of getting to poke around in some new gadgets. As evident by shift in her tone from don't eat me to something a fair bit more bubbly. "Honestly probably just an issue with the power supply, wires might've corroded out. Vibroblade mechanisms are pretty hardy, I nearly chopped my foot off from one buried in the mud over in the junkyard."

"As for the holoemitter... I might have to crack open the armor to see what's going on. If uh, you don't mind, that is." She ran an arm across her forehead to push aside her fiery hair, seeing has her heads were still coated with grease. With a deftness born from navigating the maze of junk and clutter that was her workshop, Jenth stepped around to get a closer look at the armor.

Edited by M31

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Layna Arkada, Tarisian Lower City)

The bounty hunter took a moment to compose herself. Whoever this person was, they were obviously well-trained. Before she'd known it, the blaster had been yanked out of her hand and tossed several feet away. She was obviously still fuming, and she needed a moment before she could even speak again. 

"No," she finally stammered out. "No. I know you're involved with something, and whatever it is my sister died because of it. One way or another somebody's going to pay."

"Layna," Nadia said as she approached the bounty hunter. 

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" She yelled, as Nadia quickly grabbed her arms and tried to hold her. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! THEN I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR! MY SISTER'S MURDER WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED!"

There was a brief moment as Layna broke free of Nadia's grip and charged toward Rav, reaching for his neck. It took the combined effort of both Nadia and Tashka to hold her back, grabbing her by the arms and pulling her while she struggled.

"Get her inside," Nadia said to the Togruta. Tashka nodded, dragging Layna towards the Vulkar base. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" She yelled again. "I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!"

As the Togruta finally pulled Layna into the Vulkar base, the Twi'lek slowly turned toward the others. "I'm sorry about her," she said. "The poor girl arrived on Taris a few hours ago only to learn her sister had been murdered. The Empire says you did it, and nobody seems to have any answers. You can probably understand her getting worked up."

IC (Vanndred, Jenth's Workshop):

"I only mind if you can't put it together again." The chistori retracted the vibroblade and handed the wrist console over.

"I had an outlaw tech wire in remote controls for some droid brains in my ship and my bike. Both of those are long gone, so don't worry about them."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC NPC troopers:

Meanwhile, the sergeant had ordered the hanger locked down, and the freighter grounded, orders with which docking authorities weren't in any rush to disobey. Ray shields sprung to life over the ship entrance, and the pedestrian doors were shut and sealed.

One of the other troops rushed to TK-2449's aid, leveling his blaster at the suspect, on the chance that she proved more resistant to the Stun Shock gauntlets than she let on.