ReBrick Leaving Beta

The LEGO Group's experiment of a social bookmarking site, ReBrick, is exiting its beta period, which it's been in since 2011, and heading in a new direction. As Sara Moore writes in the latest blog entry, ReBrick will be focusing on hosting building contests for the LEGO community. This means all of the bookmarks that have been collected over the years will be removed to focus on their new concept. How do you feel about this new idea? Have you participated in any of ReBrick's contests in the past?

View the full article

ReBrick? That thing. It was in beta for how long?! In honesty lego should probably give up on that. The lego website is enough to advertise contests. You don't need a whole new website for that.

Rebrick will HOST contests, not just advertise them. As buggy and hard to use as Rebrick can be, imagine if official contest entries had to be shared on the Lego.com gallery pages instead. Ugh. No thanks.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

ReBrick is a nice site, but it's a little shocking that it's being taken out of beta. I had to click that Blog link twice, because like all links to the Blog, the first click redirects to the homepage...

Then there are the completely inaccurate view counts on everything. Seriously, every single Blog entry has 0 views over the past several months? And the view counts on my own bookmarks haven't updated in months, either.

I don't mean to harp on the site, but it's definitely not ready to be taken out of beta.

To answer the question in the new article, though, the only contest I've participated in on ReBrick was the BFTGM. I hope they introduce a new way to enter contests, if they're making that a focus for the site.

Edit: It looks like literally every Blog entry is showing 0 views. View counts are pretty important for a site about sharing your creations.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

Honestly I thought that website was in its final form long ago, and am dissapointed to see my bookmarks go.

As for 0 views, BZP has that problem off-and-on in the blogs too. It seems to be a universal blog system problem.

(And Lego badly needs better web designers. Where's Binkmeister? It seems that ever since he left Lego, their ability to web design left with him.)

Edited by fishers64