Favorite gen 2 mask?

hiddenderek

Favorite Mask?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's your favorite gen 2 mask? I'd have to give it to the mask of creation. Its just so detailed and well designed. May be my favorite mask ever. Second would probably be Tahu 2016, it just screams Tahu. Looks a lot nicer than his 2015 one, since there's no heavy jaw line. Some may  miss that but i wasn't a fan. Third might be Kopaka 2015, although that may be because its the closest to his original mask out of all the 2015 toa. 

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

Onua was my top for 2015, and Lewa for 2016

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

2015: Pohatu's mask for sure. The Kakama has always been one of my favorite kanohi, and its G2 counterpart is no exception.

2016: Lewa's mask. It's the best "evolution" of the G2 masks. His mask is sleek and the primary-silver color combination seems to work the best out of the Uniters.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Gali's mask for 2015. I just love the look of the mask, and it made me enjoy the color of dark azure to the point where it is now one of my favorite colors that Lego has ever used. 

Pohatu's mask for 2016: The blending on my copies of both the normal and gold masks is perfect, as the colors appeared to stay within their appropriate boundaries. I especially like the gold mask from the pair, as I have found that the trans-neon greenish yellow looks more yellow than green when it is paired with a bright color such as gold, white, or solid yellow.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

My absolute Generation 2 favorite is the Mask of Creation, which in my opinion, is the second most beautiful mask in both generations of Bionicle (the most beautiful being the 2001 Great Kanohi Miru)  B-)

My favorite of 2016 is Tahu's mask, which ranks among the top Bionicle masks of all times as well  :)

IhDIrLK.jpg

Hmm...

My favorite 2015 mask is the Mask of Creation, hands down. It's incredibly detailed, and it's just so striking and regal! It looks surprisingly good on Kulta; it makes him look like an undead Sauron. :P It's a tad big on its intended wearer, Ekimu, but I'm okay with that. :P

As for 2016, I like all of the masks, but Kopaka's is my favorite. It looks like the Akaku Nuva, but better. :P It looks very cold and serious, and thus very Kopaka. ^_^

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

The Mask of Creation is simply exquisite. The details are superb and the outline is phenomenal. It also looks like a mask and not just a helmet, so there's a plus :P

• Upvote 1

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

for 2015, it's gotta be the MoCr for me - the detail is astounding, and I feel like it's one of the best looking masks of bionicle. not only that, but I feel like it's gonna become a classic, right up there with the ignika and the hau.

for 2016, I voted tahu's mask - I haven't actually got any of the 2016 sets, but from the pics I've seen that mask stands out as a cool and streamlined design.

• Upvote 1

Kathok

In 2015, the Protector Mask and the Mask of Creation were really good. Most of the Toa. Especially the Mask of Creation. The 'skull' mask of Warrior and Grinder is very, very nice too, one of the best villainous masks we've ever had. Most of the Toa's masks weren't anything special, with the masks of Fire, Water, and Jungle being downright ugly. 

In 2016, so far Umarak's mask is pretty nice and so is Tahu's, but then again almost all the Toa's masks are a significant improvement over their previous forms, no longer looking so stiff and awkward (especially the mask of fire). But it's a bit early to judge, though I think the Mask of Control is disappointing compared to the Mask of Creation. It just barely resembles what it looked like in 2015, and that's stretching it a bit... the Mask of Control in the animations looked significantly better. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

2015 Mask of Creation.  I love the design plus it resembles my favorite villain's helmet, Sauron (probably no surprise).

2016 Umurak's Shadow Mask.  I love the design of the cracked and asymmetrical features.

If LEGO remakes my favorite g1 mask I don't know how I would react, Toa Matau's (he was my first Toa set).

Though I said the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control, I do have to say that I do really like Kapaka's 2016 mask, for the simple pleasure of it having an actual stud in the eye of his lens... Eye.. Anyway, I do also really like Gali's 2016 Mask, as well as Tahu's 2016 Mask (Yes, even in red and silver). I do like Onua's 2016 Mask, it looks and feels bulky, like it should. And Lewa's is also pretty cool (both 2015 and 2016 for Lewa). But I feel that Umarak's mask is the most unique of the bunch, sporting an asymmetrical shape, that makes it look purposefully misshapen, and the trans-green around the right cheek down to the jaw just meshes so, so very well with the whole of it. If there was ever a mask that screamed "Makuta" it would be his.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I picked the Mask of Water (Gali) and Unity Mask of Jungle (Lewa). The Masks of Creation and Control are awesome too, but I feel like the Toa masks excel at conveying the personalities of the characters who wear them. And those two happen to be my favorite Toa masks from this year and last. Also worn by my favorite Toa from this year and last, but I'm not sure entirely whether I like the Toa more because of their masks or like the masks more because of their wearers. Probably a little bit of both.

The Mask of Water is not as similar to Gali's G1 masks as some other 2015 masks like the Mask of Stone, Mask of Ice, and Mask of Earth. But in my opinion, in the places where it doesn't reflect them, it surpasses them — and other masks worn by previous Toa of Water, for that matter. It feels feminine without feeling more like a face than a mask, and despite being streamlined it has an intensity to its shape that keeps it from looking placid. Sadly, the Unity Mask of Water is not as good in my opinion. Aesthetically, it looks very nice, but functionally, the eye holes don't line up very well with the eyes, which makes a Toa wearing this mask less photogenic.

I liked the Mask of Jungle as well, both in terms of some of the things it maintained from Lewa's classic masks (like the dome-shaped forehead and the air vents on the cheeks that form a sort of grin) as well as some of the things that it changed (like the way the eye holes of the classic Kanohi Miru were so far from the face that they hardly lined up from any angles except a direct front view). The Unity Mask of Jungle stays true to this 2015 design but makes it even more intense, and in some respects (like the forehead shape and the narrower eye holes) more Miru-like. Its pointed jawline suits Lewa's youthful spirit, and its faster-looking angles and curves suit a character who lives for the thrill of adventure and leaps headlong into action. Plus it has some of the brilliant design traits that it shares with the other Unity Masks of Power, like the use of Nuva Symbols on the brow and elemental crystal motifs along the top edge — which are IMO a much more elegant way of signifying an upgrade than the squishy-looking curves of the 2002 Kanohi Nuva.

Gali's 2015 has one of the best modern mask designs. You can also see her eyes through it, unlike most of the 2015/16 toa.

...the eye holes don't line up very well with the eyes, which makes a Toa wearing this mask less photogenic.

I've noticed that this has been happening a lot since 2008 with sets like Onua Mistika, Radiak and Stronius. It stops me from using them without a custom head. 

Y'know there was just something about Gali 2015's mask that seemed right for her. Just like Gen 1, it had this femininity to it that doesn't seem to carry into the other female sets. Although, I still wished it had a visor like Gen 1 did. That was always an unique attribute of the original Kaukau.

My favorite 2016 mask is going to have to go to Kopaka's mask. I really like the eye piece and I think it compliments the gun he has on his arm quite nicely. As a personal fan of anything tactical and gun related it spoke to me. Need I mention the silver on white combo?

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like they have to give the Masks names, like G1

Why? They have names. "Mask of Fire". "Golden Mask of Fire". "Protector Mask of Fire". "Unity Mask of Fire". "Golden Unity Mask of Fire". They may not be as succinct as G1's mask names, but conversely they convey a whole lot more obvious meaning. And to be honest even some of the old masks got that way eventually, what with the five or so designs of the Kanohi Hau.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I really like Gali's 2015 mask. it looks enough like something I could see her wearing and it also looks different from her old ones.

The mask of creation is also a pretty neat design, it looks nice and regal and works well with the set it was included in.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group