Cot Short Stories Contest #2: The Christmas Connection

Velox

Yeah, I've been really slowed down in doing my entry. Part of it's just everything else that happens around this time of year, part of it's probably procrastination.And part, of course, is that I've got the setting, the characters, and no plot as of yet. Might be sitting out if I can't come up with a plot.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I went to London and the time zoneness officially messed me up...but I've written so much already that it feels wrong to give up now.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Odd. There aren't a lot of entries thus far.I hope to complete my entry within the next couple days. I wonder how many other people are putting off posting their stories till the last day of the entry period? :P

I had an idea but it hasn't really worked out so far. Couple that with the holidays and I'm afraid mine hasn't gone anywhere.Then again I wrote all of my SSC8 entry in a day, so maybe inspiration'll strike again. Here's hoping. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm either going to end up writing the whole thing between now and midnight tomorrow or, more likely, I'm going to write it on my own time and maybe not even make it a Christmas story. Shame, I was really fairly excited for this contest.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alrighty people, if you were wanting to write a story but didn't have time:The deadline has been extended until January 6, 2012. I was hoping to finish this contest before then, but, to be honest, I didn't realize the date when I set it. =P (well, the poor choice in choosing this date as a deadline, at least) Hence the deadline change. And also because we need more entries. And there's that whole "twelve days of Christmas" thing, and Jan 6th is 12 days after Christmas. =PAnyway, since I'm sure the question will come up: if you rushed to post up your entry, you may feel free to PM 55555 or I in order to edit your entry. Merry Christmas! ~ Velox

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Happy new year! *hugs* I was thinking that I would have to put 3000 words today. =D

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Ahhh, yes! Thank you!I wasn't necessarily planning on entering this contest, but last night as I was falling asleep an idea struck that I--personally--liked. (Darn that inspiration of mine. Always seems to come so very late-notice! :P) And seeing that the deadline has now been moved I might actually be able to write a decent story ^_^Hope to be entering!

bannnnner.png

Well, that's good news! Maybe this thing'll turn out in the end after all - I've got about 1000 words now but it's going to be tricky to make it come out well.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Although I'm not entering, for the sake of others, a question: If the SS would be a chapter in a COT epic or in a Bionicle epic (turned into COT, of course), would it still be allowed? I'm not entering (SSC8 was good enough for me, lol), but just a question for others. I didn't check the topic to see if it was already asked, but just out of curiosity.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

@ Peach ~ No, that probably wouldn't be allowed. Also, if one was writing a Bionicle story, he or she wouldn't have to make it COT -- Bionicle entries are fine here, as all fanfiction stories are, but we just prefer COT ones.@ EW ~ Rene, I hate you. =P ~ Velox

Member Name: YukikoGenre: (horribly botched) Steampunk, elements of fantasy and post-apocalypticEntry Name: Gifts*dies*

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

^I thought it was last night *head desk*

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Argggh...I should have waited and edited my entry. Oh vell.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Argggh...I should have waited and edited my entry. Oh vell.

You could always PM Velox for permission to edit your entry. He might say no, but it's worth a try.EDIT:Member name: Legolover-361Theme: ApocalypseEntry name and link: SouvenirsNote that I did make at least four edits in an attempt to change the font size, but all edits were done within ten minutes of me posting the entry (see the time of my last edit compared to the time I posted the story for proof). I'm glad I managed to slip into this contest before the deadline; may the best stories win! Edited by Legolover-361

Yeah, I was going to write something pony-related and blow you all to smithereens.And then life happened and I realized the end was tonight.So don't expect anything from me. I've have fun watching this, though.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Member name: GSRTheme: MysteryEntry name and link: Case #2011-1224-5003: Relevant TranscriptsWound up finishing up an entry for this after all! I decided to do something rather different from a normal short story by making it entirely dialogue. I think it turned out okay, but that's not really for me to decide. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by GSR

The Entry List has been posted. Please PM me ASAP if there are any problems with it or if I missed your story (I'll be going over the topic a couple times later, too). And remember, still a little over two more hours to enter! newso1.png