Vanishing Topics?

P~M

Several topics seem to be disappearing out of the B/S/T forum and the Shops and Kits forum! The links still work, and the topics still exist, but they don't appear in the list on the forum page! Why is this happening?

banner.jpg

It depends on how you view the topics, or sort them. You can see all the topics started since the forums came up if you view it a certain way. Visual example of GD:gd.pnggd2.pngYou'll be able to see the topics created in the forum this way. There was a similar topic here about the same issue. Courtesy of -Windrider- for the photos, and also the quotes:

Just click on "Custom" (marked by bright red) on the top bar in any forum. You'll find the settings under "Time Frame" (marked by dark red).The perspicacious folks will notice that the "Time Frame" for topics displayed in each forums corresponds to its revival limit. The revival limit in GD is 30 days; GD is set to display topics active within the past 30 days. BBC's revival limit is 20 days, and the forum is set to display topics active within 20 days. The reason the boards are set up this way is to help fight revival. If dead topics are hidden by the default settings, it is less likely that someone will revive them.So, the reason topics are disappearing is because, more simply put, they have gone past the revival limit in that forum. They aren't getting deleted; they are simply not being displayed with the default settings.

If you select "Show All" from the "Time Frame" menu, then your missing topics will appear again, on the last pages. If you check the Q&A forum, you'll notice that by default, it is set to "Show All." This is because there is no revival limit in the Q&A forum.So, topics may "disappear" around these forums, but don't worry, the boards aren't pruning them or anything. Nor are they being shipped off to some archive. They're just hidden, and you'll need to tweak some settings to see them.

Hope this helps. :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...