G2 Story Theory & Ideas

The Mask of Ultimate Power was forged using all the elements.  The creatures of Okoto were formed using an element for each.  So when Mukuta created the MOUP in his anger, the mask became alive and fed off his dark thoughts.  Upon wearing the mask it seized control of Mukuta and took over his body.  After Ekimu managed to knock the MOUP off his brother's face, releasing Mukuta from it's control, the brothers were knocked into a deep sleep and the MOUP was "lost" to the shadows...

The MOUP has summoned Umurak to find the Mask of Control and capture all the creatures.  Succeeding the MOUP fuses them all together (Umurak, creatures, and beasts) to form it's own extremely overpowered body.  Ekimu realizing they are no match for the "Master of Ultimate Power", comes up with a plan to unmake the MOUP.  He connot do it on his own however, so Ekimu and the Toa go in search for Mukuta.  Awakening Mukuta, Ekimu reveals his plan to use the Mask of Time.  The Mask Makers will each use a half of the mask to trap the MOUP in a time paradox to dimensionally fragment it.  Meanwhile the Toa use there combined power to contain him.

Some other ideas:

1. During the final battle with the MOUP, Ekimu and Mukuta are fused, because of a time anomaly caused by the Mask of Time.
  2. In the final battle the Toa are joined by other incarnations of themselves to take down the MOUP (this could connect G1 and G2).
  3. After the final battle the Toa remember who they are.  They are the "formers" of the island of Okoto.

Potential Sets:

• Ekimu and Mukuta (each wearing a half of the Mask of Time) combiner set.  Both halves of the Mask of Time can be connected to form one mask.
  • Master of Ultimate Power titian set.  Colors black and trans. red.  (Biggest Bionicle set ever released)
  • Alternate Toa sets (possibly based off some G1 sets).

I just wanted to share my thoughts.  Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

Edited by Rakrondewl

The MOUP has summoned Umurak to find the Mask of Control and capture all the creatures.  Succeeding the MOUP fuses them all together (Umurak, creatures, and beasts) to form it's own extremely overpowered body.  Ekimu realizing they are no match for the "Master of Ultimate Power", comes up with a plan to unmake the MOUP.  He connot do it on his own however, so Ekimu and the Toa go in search for Mukuta.  Awakening Mukuta, Ekimu reveals his plan to use the Mask of Time.  The Mask Makers will each use a half of the mask to trap the MOUP in a time paradox to dimensionally fragmenting it.  Meanwhile the Toa use there combined power to contain him.

This sounds rather absurd on first reading, but given how things have been going, it's actually a pretty good theory that could actually be true. :)

I do like the idea that Makuta will become an anti-hero or a sort of surprise ally rather than be the typical Teridax type I WILL RULE EVERYTHING dude. However all the story material so far has hinted that Makuta will be (just like his Gen 1 self) the big bad. But one little villager doesn't scare me as much as a giant robot did; but then again Makuta Teridax was smaller when we first met him in G1 too...

Flash_Matoran_Teridax.PNG

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I do like the idea that Makuta will become an anti-hero or a sort of surprise ally rather than be the typical Teridax type I WILL RULE EVERYTHING dude. However all the story material so far has hinted that Makuta will be (just like his Gen 1 self) the big bad. But one little villager doesn't scare me as much as a giant robot did; but then again Makuta Teridax was smaller when we first met him in G1 too...

Flash_Matoran_Teridax.PNG

All the material has lead us to believe that he is the main bad guy, however most of what is hinted at as Makuta could just as easily be the MOUP.  It could all just be misleading us to believe he is the bad guy, to pull off a big "reveal".

This is what I would do with the story anyways, though I don't know how "complicated" LEGO will actually make the story.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea that Ekimu is actually the bad guy. Long ago, when the mask makers were still around, Makuta found out that Ekimu was becoming evil and corrupt and planed to rule Okoto as an dictator on his own. Since Makuta had inferior masks, and his brother could easily create more powerful masks than him, He spent a really long time making a mask that would countain enough power to defeat his brother, the Mask of Ultimate power. They eventually fought, but the fight ended on a tie, and the two entered a coma, and the 3 masks were scattered all over the island. The protectors at the time, mistaking that Makuta made the mask to take over the Island, interpreted that Makuta was the evil one, and that Ekimu was trying to stop him. Makuta, on the other hand, is weak and not full recovered, so he is doing what he can, sending his minions; Kulta to destroy the Mask of Creation, and Umarak to recover the Mask of Control for him, and to capture the elemental creatures so the Toa have less chances of getting the Mask of Control. Now that he is awake, Ekimu is using the Toa, gaining their trust, so they can recover the remaining 2 masks for him. Once he have The Mask of Creation, The Mask of Control, and The Mask of Ultimate Power, Ekimu will become invincible and betray everyone, unleashing a dark age of tyranicall rule over all Okoto. The Toa then will have to side with Makuta to defeat and free the Island.

• Upvote 2

I love the idea that Ekimu is actually the bad guy. Long ago, when the mask makers were still around, Makuta found out that Ekimu was becoming evil and corrupt and planed to rule Okoto as an dictator on his own. Since Makuta had inferior masks, and his brother could easily create more powerful masks than him, He spent a really long time making a mask that would countain enough power to defeat his brother, the Mask of Ultimate power. They eventually fought, but the fight ended on a tie, and the two entered a coma, and the 3 masks were scattered all over the island. The protectors at the time, mistaking that Makuta made the mask to take over the Island, interpreted that Makuta was the evil one, and that Ekimu was trying to stop him. Makuta, on the other hand, is weak and not full recovered, so he is doing what he can, sending his minions; Kulta to destroy the Mask of Creation, and Umarak to recover the Mask of Control for him, and to capture the elemental creatures so the Toa have less chances of getting the Mask of Control. Now that he is awake, Ekimu is using the Toa, gaining their trust, so they can recover the remaining 2 masks for him. Once he have The Mask of Creation, The Mask of Control, and The Mask of Ultimate Power, Ekimu will become invincible and betray everyone, unleashing a dark age of tyranicall rule over all Okoto. The Toa then will have to side with Makuta to defeat and free the Island.

This theory does indeed hold some weight; It is supported by Ekimu's strange behavior.  Firstly, in the webisodes the first thing Ekimu says is basically "your late".  I found saying that to your benefactors to be a little out of character and quite frankly rather rood.  Secondly, Ekimu is shown to have the power of telepathy; contacting the Toa to tell them to hurry.  He could of just have easily used this power to relay to the protectors the events that transpired (or at least how he would have it told). Lastly, in one of the trailers for Journey to One, Ekimu tells the Toa they must bring the Mask of Control to him.  So this further supports your idea that he is trying to collect the three great masks.

Rather than Makuta controlling the skull army, I think that role should be Umurak's.  As far as we know Umurak is old as the island and he has been trying a lot longer to get his hands on power.

Now your probably thinking then why would Umurak tell Kulta to destroy the Mask of Creation?  Well I figure if Ekimu has telepathy then so does Makuta; therefore Mukuta was using all his will power to try and control Kulta's tiny brain to destroy the mask.  As soon as the Toa had awakened Ekimu however, Ekimu was stronger and able to block Makuta out of Kulta's mind.

Another great theory that makes sense IMO.

Edit: According to something I just read about Journey to One, Umurak has his own shadow minions that he uses to fight the Toa.  I don't know if that means he controls the skull creatures but it does mean he's a leader.

Edited by Rakrondewl
  • Upvote 1

Okay, so the picture of matoran Teridax got me thinking:

What if the only way to cancel out the Mask of Ultimate Power is a Mask of No Power?  A Mask of Nothingness that absorbs and cancels out any power thrown at the user.  So Ekimu has to convince Makuta to forge another mask - a complete negative of his earlier mask, so they can erase the power of the MOUP.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

What if the only way to cancel out the Mask of Ultimate Power is a Mask of No Power?  A Mask of Nothingness that absorbs and cancels out any power thrown at the user.  So Ekimu has to convince Makuta to forge another mask - a complete negative of his earlier mask, so they can erase the power of the MOUP.

I must admit I am utterly perplexed as to how one could make an anti-mask.  I understand the concept and think it is a very interesting theory but I can't presently think of a way to make such a mask.

• Upvote 1

What if the only way to cancel out the Mask of Ultimate Power is a Mask of No Power? A Mask of Nothingness that absorbs and cancels out any power thrown at the user. So Ekimu has to convince Makuta to forge another mask - a complete negative of his earlier mask, so they can erase the power of the MOUP.

I must admit I am utterly perplexed as to how one could make an anti-mask. I understand the concept and think it is a very interesting theory but I can't presently think of a way to make such a mask.
Anti elements?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

What if the only way to cancel out the Mask of Ultimate Power is a Mask of No Power? A Mask of Nothingness that absorbs and cancels out any power thrown at the user. So Ekimu has to convince Makuta to forge another mask - a complete negative of his earlier mask, so they can erase the power of the MOUP.

I must admit I am utterly perplexed as to how one could make an anti-mask. I understand the concept and think it is a very interesting theory but I can't presently think of a way to make such a mask.
Anti elements?

Heh.

Try a make of hunger or absorption. Merge that with the MoUP and it literally sucks the power right out of it, while being basically inert unless worn.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Anti elements?

The concept of using anti-elements is complex and thus lowers the chance of the theory being plausible, however it is possible.  Using the Mask of Time Ekimu and Makuta could travel to the Cast Dimension* to retrieve the elements required to make the Mask of Ultimate Anti-Power...

The result of the confrontation between the two great masks would ultimately be them canceling each other out.

*The Cast Dimension- A dimension that is composed of opposite responses from the Parent Dimension's** frequencies.  Basically a negative version of the Parent Dimension.

**A Parent Dimension- A dimension being acted upon as a source for another.

Anti elements?

Heh.

Try a make of hunger or absorption. Merge that with the MoUP and it literally sucks the power right out of it, while being basically inert unless worn.

Using a draining mask makes much more sense but it doesn't follow his idea.  

I don't think they would be able to merge the masks though.

Anti elements?

The concept of using anti-elements is complex and thus lowers the chance of the theory being plausible, however it is possible. Using the Mask of Time Ekimu and Makuta could travel to the Cast Dimension* to retrieve the elements required to make the Mask of Ultimate Anti-Power...

The result of the confrontation between the two great masks would ultimately be them canceling each other out.

*The Cast Dimension- A dimension that is composed of opposite responses from the Parent Dimension's** frequencies. Basically a negative version of the Parent Dimension.

**A Parent Dimension- A dimension being acted upon as a source for another.

Anti elements?
Heh.

Using a draining mask makes much more sense but it doesn't follow his idea.

I don't think they would be able to merge the masks though.

Agreed it could drain some of its power but the mask is the ultimate form of power it needs something as powerful as it to defeat it. Edited by ToaTimeLord

I think there won't any titan sets in G2. Because in G2 we can't see any titan Bionicle. Bosses have same size with Toa.

That's not really a story theory, and besides, we already know that that isn't the case—even if Umarak the Hunter doesn't qualify as a titan, Umarak the Destroyer definitely does.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think there won't any titan sets in G2. Because in G2 we can't see any titan Bionicle. Bosses have same size with Toa.

As Lyichir said we are getting one this summer, so I don't understand why we couldn't see more.

Plus, I'm 99% sure that Makuta will be a titan, being the big bad and all. I don't see it happening any other way. 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

As Lyichir said we are getting one this summer, so I don't understand why we couldn't see more.

Plus, I'm 99% sure that Makuta will be a titan, being the big bad and all. I don't see it happening any other way. 

Yeah, I will be shocked and disappointed if in 1% he isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Theory: year three consists entirely of the final, incredibly rushed battle against Makuta, because Bionicle is kicking the bucket all over again in the first half of 2017. Let's just hope this time that the sets aren't glorified AvtoranProtectors.  -_-

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Theory: year three consists entirely of the final, incredibly rushed battle against Makuta, because Bionicle is kicking the bucket all over again in the first half of 2017. Let's just hope this time that the sets aren't glorified AvtoranProtectors.  -_-

Well, Bionicle still has two great masks to release (MOUP and Mask of Time), so I am fairly certain we will get two more waves in 2017.  

I am pretty sure we will get a Titan Makuta wearing the MOUP, other then that I have no idea what sets LEGO will make (maybe something along the lines of my corrupters idea).  Like you said it better not be AvtoranProtectors, unfortunately I think it is possible the difference being they are looking for the two pieces of the Mask of Time. <_<

Well I think that LEGO is leaving themselves a doorway if they deside to continue making new Bionicles.

This batch of Toa have there final battle with Makuta and plot twist they loss. Now for 2018-2019 sets

The Mask Of Time is now the focus point.

They could create another wild goose chase like they did with the mask of life in G1. Have new Toa chase after the mask so they can go back in time and stop Makuta from defeating the original (G2) Toa. The best bet of it is they need both parts of the Mask.

They could easily take this and go anywhere or anytime.

We could see plot lines of the original story that never got told. I feel Lego will continue the Bionicle line at least up to 2020. Then it will probably die off again. :(

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Well I think that LEGO is leaving themselves a doorway if they deside to continue making new Bionicles.

This batch of Toa have there final battle with Makuta and plot twist they loss. Now for 2018-2019 sets

They could create another wild goose chase like they did with the mask of life in G1. Have new Toa chase after the mask so they can go back in time and stop Makuta from defeating the original (G2) Toa. The best bet of it is they need both parts of the Mask.

We could see plot lines of the original story that never got told. I feel Lego will continue the Bionicle line at least up to 2020. Then it will probably die off again. :(

I agree, it would make sense that LEGO could be leaving themselves a doorway if they decide to continue.

I also agree that if they continued the line the Mask of Time could be the focus, what don't agree with is the reason.

I hate when stories use time travel to fix something that has already happened, technically it doesn't work.  You form an alternate reality from the main dimension in which case the original is still left to its fate or you form a paradox.

That said I think they could use the Mask of Time in different ways to stop Makuta, Such as using it to rapidly age him until his body disintegrates (note this would only be a temporary fix because his "spirit" would endure). :vahi:

I unfortunately feel it will only last to 2020 at most, least being next year. :no:

• Upvote 3

Oh I know when stories just toss in time travel it gets me angry, but if it saves Bionicle for another 4 years.

Let them create Paradoxes left and right; Bionicle is still alive.

Okay, I shall let them make a fantasy of a fantasy of a fantasy of a...Inception! :P

I think there are better ways to save Bionicle but whatever works.

• Upvote 2

I agree, it would make sense that LEGO could be leaving themselves a doorway if they decide to continue.

I also agree that if they continued the line the Mask of Time could be the focus, what don't agree with is the reason.

I hate when stories use time travel to fix something that has already happened, technically it doesn't work.  You form an alternate reality from the main dimension in which case the original is still left to its fate or you form a paradox.

That said I think they could use the Mask of Time in different ways to stop Makuta, Such as using it to rapidly age him until his body disintegrates (note this would only be a temporary fix because his "spirit" would endure). :vahi:

I unfortunately feel it will only last to 2020 at most, least being next year. :no:

AKA pulling a Voporak. :P

2020? I'm OK with that as the end date because G1 could've and should've lasted that long. 

Edited by FrozenPancake_

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: