age of bzpowerians

bohrokman

Age of bzpowerians  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

people are so old

wasn't the average user age something like 14 back in 2009?

that's probably not true at all

It wouldn't surprise me if the average age here is older than it used to be. Back when a lot of us old timers joined BZPower, dedicated forums like BZP were some of the only places to come together with fellow LEGO fans. But today social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and YouTube are a lot more prominent, and allow people to discuss not just LEGO, but also whatever other interests teenagers might have.

Also someone who was 14 in '09 would be 21 now so there's that too.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

people are so old

wasn't the average user age something like 14 back in 2009?

that's probably not true at all

It wouldn't surprise me if the average age here is older than it used to be. Back when a lot of us old timers joined BZPower, dedicated forums like BZP were some of the only places to come together with fellow LEGO fans. But today social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and YouTube are a lot more prominent, and allow people to discuss not just LEGO, but also whatever other interests teenagers might have.

Also someone who was 14 in '09 would be 21 now so there's that too.

Yeah, of course. I'm just explaining why there aren't more young folks joining to balance out the active members who continue to get older.

Edited by Aanchir

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 17 with 11 years experience.

I'm 17 with 300 years of experience. I would bicker and say I'm better, but that would just be selffish and wrong. I'm not one to toot my own horn.

Somethings to live off from this though, always be Patient, always be Kind, always be Couragious, be yourself, and treat others how you want to be treated, if you dislike who you are than others will need to see this and help you. Not everything should be applied to your shoulders. Just look at me, I poke fun at myself and others almost always, but I don't mean anything by it. The two People I admire to, you can see in my Profile Pic, and yet even then I represented them in a joking manor, if you can't laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at? Just don't be a jerk.

Aaaaand, here I go again, preaching......

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Being a history guy and going off the topic title, i thought this was going to attempt to romanticize BZPower's height, drawing lines like to some golden, ancient empire past it's prime, and make a speech to rally forth the members in an attempt to go on a holy mission to draw in more members and 'make BZPower great again' in the name of Hapori. My epic dreams were instantly shattered, thanks.

I'm 20, so I checked the appropriate box.

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 17, soon to be 18. I've had this account since March 1st, 2014. So I was 15 when I started here. (My birthday is July 14th 1998, for referrence.)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm 23, been a fan since 01 so I'm not going anywhere.. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, somethings wrong here.

I was young when I joined the site and now I'm old.

I'm a little too dense to figure out when I'll have been on here for half my life. :v

If someone who can math good can figure that out for me then that would be swell.

You would still have about 9 years to go until you've been a member of BZPower for half your life.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I'm a little too dense to figure out when I'll have been on here for half my life. :v

If someone who can math good can figure that out for me then that would be swell.

You would still have about 9 years to go until you've been a member of BZPower for half your life.

~Soran

Oh wow, I'll be 32 by then...

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 29, and usually the oldest person in the room when hanging out with BZPower peeps (I've occasionally met older BZPower members, but these elders tell me not to speak of them).

...and even if BZP skews older than it used to, it's still pretty darn young. Last time I went to an event BZP wasn't exhibiting at, the average age of AFOLs exhibiting was at least 20 years higher, with me being the youngest person in the room (perhaps by a ten year margin).

It's also been my experience that the youthfulness of BZPower can intimidate older builders, even if they are already interested in Bionicle or constraction at some level.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently 16. I registered this account 2 years ago with all the hype about the BIONICLE reboot; but I did have an account made in 2011 for about a week before I left. I forgot the password for my old one, so now I use this one.

I first got into BIONICLE on November 5, 2006. My first sera were Inika Jaller and Hewkii, which I got from my grandparents for my birthday.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Whoa, I signed up when I was nine. I'm 22 now, so I guess I've been on here for over half my life.

I just spent an hour or so browsing through old threads on the Wayback Machine, and it's clear that the average age has increased dramatically over the years. As evidence, I submit this thread that was the #1 hot topic one summer day in mid-2003: https://web.archive.org/web/20030801102503/http://bzpower.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=30&t=74636&st=0

Edited by Wrinkledlion X

Whoa, I signed up when I was nine. I'm 22 now, so I guess I've been on here for over half my life.

I just spent an hour or so browsing through old threads on the Wayback Machine, and it's clear that the average age has increased dramatically over the years. As evidence, I submit this thread that was the #1 hot topic one summer day in mid-2003: https://web.archive.org/web/20030801102503/http://bzpower.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=30&t=74636&st=0

Good grief. I remember how long it took me to get used to the minimalist art design of the rebooted forums, but looking at that link you posted, the old forums were an absolute EYESORE. Was there any real need for the post divider line to be that particular shade of maroon?

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Good grief. I remember how long it took me to get used to the minimalist art design of the rebooted forums, but looking at that link you posted, the old forums were an absolute EYESORE. Was there any real need for the post divider line to be that particular shade of maroon?

The bright colors are quite cheerful, though.

• 2 weeks later...

25 here. I'm actually super impressed to see a fair amount of < 20s. Curious what it'd be like to drop into Bionicle in the second-half of the lore.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6