Issues with the Bionicle Game

BioMotion

Hey whats up BZPower. So, as of late, I decided to purchase the original Bionicle PC game. Little did I know I would have trouble running it. My laptop is windows 8 just for information. The game will install just perfectly fine but as soon as I try to enjoy the game, It wont even open. Instead of the menu I am greeted by a command prompt asking if i would like to make changes to the hard drive to which I respond yes. Then nothing happens at all. I have tried compatibility mode and I have tried to run as an administrator but all seems to fail. I would love to get some help on this so I can enjoy an older piece of Bionicle history. Thanks in advance. BTW it is the two disc install version.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately this isn't something I can help you with too much, but if you don't have any luck finding support here you may want try posting a topic on Rock Raiders United - tech support for old LEGO games is sort of one of their things (though I'm not sure if anyone there is going to be able to help with this game in particular).

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Unfortunately this isn't something I can help you with too much, but if you don't have any luck finding support here you may want try posting a topic on Rock Raiders United - tech support for old LEGO games is sort of one of their things (though I'm not sure if anyone there is going to be able to help with this game in particular).

Alright I will see what I can do there thanks for the help

I know with some old PC games, it can be an issue of where you're installing the game.  Try making a new folder and setting that as the installation destination.  Then see if you can open it when it's under Documents or maybe when you move it to Program Files.

No guarantee it'll work, but it might be worth a shot. :shrugs:

My old Harry Potter games have trouble working on my new computer. They couldn't even open. The solution though was as simple as directly opening "Game.exe" instead of whatever I was prompted to use.

Maybe you could try to do something similar?

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I know with some old PC games, it can be an issue of where you're installing the game.  Try making a new folder and setting that as the installation destination.  Then see if you can open it when it's under Documents or maybe when you move it to Program Files.

No guarantee it'll work, but it might be worth a shot. :shrugs:

Thanks I'll try it

My old Harry Potter games have trouble working on my new computer. They couldn't even open. The solution though was as simple as directly opening "Game.exe" instead of whatever I was prompted to use.

Maybe you could try to do something similar?

what do you mean by game.exe?

I went to where it installed on my computer and found the Executable file that launched the game, not the shortcut that was provided to me.

For example, if I wanted to launch Team Fortress 2 directly from the .exe file, I would go to "Computer\Steam (E:)((usually C:))\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe".

Obviously it will be a different directory for the Bionicle game but you get the idea.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

For example, if I wanted to launch Team Fortress 2 directly from the .exe file, I would go to "Computer\Steam (E:)((usually C:))\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe".

Obviously it will be a different directory for the Bionicle game but you get the idea.

I guess, if that's the file that launches the game.