Movies on Blu-ray

CHTrilogy

Yeah, chances are slim. It's not that the movies don't exist in HD (I know that at the very least Web of Shadows has been broadcast on Cartoon Network HD in the past), but rather that the movies are not timeless or successful enough to merit a new and more expensive physical release in an era when physical media in general is giving way to digital downloads and streaming services.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The Legend Reborn on Netflix in HD? I'd love if they upgraded all the Netflix versions to HD. Like others have said, HD versions do exist, at least higher definition than the DVDs. It's common practice to render the movie to cinema standards, even if it's not intended for cinema, and then scale it down to fit on physical media.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

As far as I know the only film produced in HD was TLR.

Yeah, chances are slim. It's not that the movies don't exist in HD (I know that at the very least Web of Shadows has been broadcast on Cartoon Network HD in the past)

!!!

This is interesting to me. Are you sure it aired in HD? It didn't just air in SD on the HD channel?
Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

Yea, it'd take a personal investor to take the hit for releasing the movies on blu-ray. Not gonna happen, but would be a nice dream

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

BZPower actually was given a screengrab from LoMN in HD.

It's beyond even 1080p.

b2_moviestill1_big.jpg

I think it came directly from the rendering software.

Here's the full article. You'll note that the other screengrabs seem to be upconverts from the SD source.

It's too bad there isn't anyone we could easily contact to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 2

It very unlikely with such old movies since blu-ray is not the most dominant format. If you go to any store, market or dvd rental store youll see that dvd's are a very dominant format and very small ammount of movies has blu-ray movie editions. Playstation games are gaining dominance in their category since Sony stopped using dvd for games inmediately when they launched project ps3 and it's unknown why sony does not allow microsoft competitor to use blu-ray discs as well although they are rivals . Even blu-ray movie players are expensive and many often wonder if those are backwards compatible with dvd.

qs3135.jpg

It very unlikely with such old movies since blu-ray is not the most dominant format.

Don't be so sure about that. Lots and lots of older films are being released on Blu-ray. I don't know about it not being "the most dominant format" compared to DVDs - although I'm sure most people in the world do stick to DVDs - but that's no reason not to release it on Blu-ray.

The only type of video that doesn't seem to be getting Blu-ray releases is children's television, because kids don't care about video quality. Unfortunately that means great stuff like Mystery Incorporated and the recent TMNT series only get DVDs, but that's the way it goes.

Like SciFiGuy said... a private investor would have to want to release the films if we ever want to see them in HD.

Playstation games are gaining dominance in their category since Sony stopped using dvd for games inmediately when they launched project ps3 and it's unknown why sony does not allow microsoft competitor to use blu-ray discs as well although they are rivals

Wat

It's beyond even 1080p.

b2_moviestill1_big.jpg

Here's the full article. You'll note that the other screengrabs seem to be upconverts from the SD source.

It's too bad there isn't anyone we could easily contact to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Oh my gosh; the rendering level on that is so high it makes it look like a completely different film!

Still I don't really care to see them in Blu-ray because they weren't that great of films anyway. Fun; but nothing groundbreaking or classic.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Look, even if there isn't a Blu-Ray rerelease, they have these HD versions of the movies somewhere. So couldn't they release them as an HD Digital Download, like Bionicle 4 did on iTunes? That wouldn't be as expensive as a Blu-Ray release but just as high-res, and at least as many people would buy it as bought The Legend Reborn.

Edited by Tren Krom

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

Look, even if there isn't a Blu-Ray rerelease, they have these HD versions of the movies somewhere. So couldn't they release them as an HD Digital Download, like Bionicle 4 did on iTunes? That wouldn't be as expensive as a Blu-Ray release but just as high-res, and at least as many people would buy it as bought The Legend Reborn.

Yeah, I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that. The only question is, WOULD they? And considering Lego has little to gain from them being rereleased in that fashion, that falls almost entirely on Miramax (or whoever it is that currently holds the rights to them). Who knows? Maybe that's the kind of thing they might consider doing around 2018, when Mask of Light has its fifteenth anniversary. :notsure:

Either way, according to Amazon, Universal Studios rereleased a new version of The Legend Reborn last month, with a new cover that's a close-up of Mata Nui's face, the tagline "All-New Movie" removed from the back, slightly different DVD numbers, and the phrase "© 2016 Universal Studios" on the back credits. If they've so recently made a slight update to such an old DVD, it's not too far a stretch to imagine them making a Blu-Ray release of the HD version.

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

Either way, according to Amazon, Universal Studios rereleased a new version of The Legend Reborn last month, with a new cover that's a close-up of Mata Nui's face, the tagline "All-New Movie" removed from the back, slightly different DVD numbers, and the phrase "© 2016 Universal Studios" on the back credits.

Woah, really?

pics or it didn't happen

Interesting. Of course, there's no Blu-ray release... I guess companies still think kids are too dumb to know the difference. Or maybe Blu-rays of kids' television have been proven to not do well in sales, I dunno.

Combination of both, most likely. Though it's not just "thinking kids are too dumb to know the difference."—I doubt most kids actually care about the difference in the first point. More to the point, a reprint of an old merchandise-driven movie like this isn't exactly shooting for the most discerning audience in the first place. There's not much of a collector's market for the movie, and if I were feeling particularly conspiratorial I might suggest that the only reason the TLR DVD was reprinted in the first place was to pick up sales from G2 fans and their parents who might not be aware that it doesn't actually have anything to do with the current sets or story.

It's beyond even 1080p.

b2_moviestill1_big.jpg

Here's the full article. You'll note that the other screengrabs seem to be upconverts from the SD source.

I don't think that shot is even from the movie, which makes it even stranger. If you look at the scene it'd be from, the background appears to be different and the Toa are never in the precise positions seen in that shot. Also, on the far left of that image the background appears to just... end. I think it's a 2D thing set up behind the Toa and the floor that doesn't stretch to fill the whole screen.

In conclusion: what the heck

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend