How do I turn the banner in my signature into a link?

FrozenPancake_

Hello!

I'm going to post a fanfiction soon, and I want to make the banner in my signature (which is the logo for said fanfic) into a link to the topic in which I'll post it. How would I go about that? Please answer as soon as you can. Thank you! :)

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Howdy,

I do this sort of thing all the time, it's really simple too.

• Simply click on the picture you want to link, this will highlight it.
  • Then go to the Link button and click link, and then enter the URL of whatever you want it to link to.
  • And then you're done!

Hopefully this works out for you.

Edit: I think I see the problem.

It seems that you're using the gallery system built into BZPower to do this. If you're trying to get a banner to simply link at a single click you're going to have to host the image elsewhere on another image hosting site. 

You would need to upload the picture (or banner in this case) and then click it/open the picture in a new tab so that it's simply a link to the banner itself. Then use the URL from that banner as image and then go through the first steps I recommended.

Hopefully this time this helps,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

In my opinion, I'd say post the picture somewhere like Brickshelf. Pics posted in the BZP Gallery don't tend to work well with BBCode and links. I learned that in my earliest days on the site. 

Hope this helps, and good luck writing that story! I expect to read it when it comes!

EDIT: Noticed it's out already. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

In my opinion, I'd say post the picture somewhere like Brickshelf. Pics posted in the BZP Gallery don't tend to work well with BBCode and links. I learned that in my earliest days on the site.

Hope this helps, and good luck writing that story! I expect to read it when it comes!

EDIT: Noticed it's out already. :P

Thanks!

Not many people are reading it tho. Must be the long title. :P

Seems you might still be having trouble - at least, the image in your sig doesn't link to your story or review topic yet. Are you running into difficulties?

Yeah, I'm having some trouble still. :/

Edited by -Windrider-

96DIFYm.png

fishers' method should be your best bet. What you need is the URL of the Epic topic, and the URL of the image. Try copying and pasting the following into your sig, and then click on the lightswitch icon twice:

[URL=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21828-the-prophecy-of-the-six-book-i-in-the-rebooted-timeline/][IMG=http://www.bzpower.com/board/uploads/gallery/album_378/gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/URL]

I got the image URL by clicking on it a few times in the Gallery until I reached a page with only the image displayed, and then used the URL then displayed in the browser.

Long story short, copy and paste the text in the code to see if it works.

Another thing: you are allowed to make multiple posts in your epic, one for each chapter. The thing is, the board will automatically merge double posts that are too close together. "Bumping" your epic up with a new post for each chapter might attract more readers, and will make it easier for them too. Just wait a few hours in between each post and it should be okay.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

fishers' method should be your best bet. What you need is the URL of the Epic topic, and the URL of the image. Try copying and pasting the following into your sig, and then click on the lightswitch icon twice:

[URL=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21828-the-prophecy-of-the-six-book-i-in-the-rebooted-timeline/][IMG=http://www.bzpower.com/board/uploads/gallery/album_378/gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/URL]

I got the image URL by clicking on it a few times in the Gallery until I reached a page with only the image displayed, and then used the URL then displayed in the browser.

Long story short, copy and paste the text in the code to see if it works.

Another thing: you are allowed to make multiple posts in your epic, one for each chapter. The thing is, the board will automatically merge double posts that are too close together. "Bumping" your epic up with a new post for each chapter might attract more readers, and will make it easier for them too. Just wait a few hours in between each post and it should be okay.

Thanks, for the pointers! :D I need to use the BBCode device in order to use that code, right?

EDIT: Also, here's an espresso! Or a latte. Or whichever sort of coffee you like. :P It changes magically depending on preference. ^_^

Edited by FrozenPancake_

96DIFYm.png

No, you can paste it into the rich text editor as well.  The board will register it as BBCode and should format it properly even if you're not in BBCode mode.

I got it to work in BBCode, but there are still bits of code sticking out the sides. :( What should I do?

96DIFYm.png

It looks like you're trying to use the code Windrider suggested inside of "post" tags, which aren't necessary.  The code as-is should be exactly what you need.

("Post" and "topic" tags function similarly to URL tags, but instead of using the full web address they just use the post ID.  For instance, your post right above me has the ID of 1053174, so by using this code:

[post='1053174']this is your post![/post]

I would get this link: this is your post!

{Looks like you pasted Wind's code in where the post ID would go, which is why it broke.}

Post and topic tags are mostly redundant, because URL tags work just as well and are a bit easier to insert.  But some of us still cling to using them on occasion.  And all of this is sort of unrelated to your overall question, but hey, knowledge!)

OpAXNpl.jpg

It looks like you're trying to use the code Windrider suggested inside of "post" tags, which aren't necessary.  The code as-is should be exactly what you need.

("Post" and "topic" tags function similarly to URL tags, but instead of using the full web address they just use the post ID.  For instance, your post right above me has the ID of 1053174, so by using this code:

[post='1053174']this is your post![/post]

I would get this link: this is your post!

{Looks like you pasted Wind's code in where the post ID would go, which is why it broke.}

Post and topic tags are mostly redundant, because URL tags work just as well and are a bit easier to insert.  But some of us still cling to using them on occasion.  And all of this is sort of unrelated to your overall question, but hey, knowledge!)

Thanks! I managed to turn the text invisible, so I fixed it. :P

96DIFYm.png

You should be able to delete "" on the left without affecting anything.

Any other questions?

Nope! I managed to fix the problem by turning the text white, so at least the bits of code sticking out are invisible!

Thank you! :D

96DIFYm.png