Team Oriented Armament (T.O.A.) Unit: Tahu

Soran

Howdy,

Soran here. Back with another drawing and this time, it's a bit different than what I'm use to drawing.

hnfZaN7.png

Link

I figure I should give some background as to what this is. 

This is based off of a story I've been thinking of for the past month or so. I remember seeing drawings that people would make which would depict BIONICLE characters as humans. But when I would see these drawings they would never really show or explain how the elemental powers would come in. So I got to thinking about how to make a Toa an actual realistic concept which resulted in this.

I figure that in real life, the tools and power of a toa are almost military like. So I created a completely robotic toa. Despite the appearances's obvious inspiration (Ironman), there's no room to actually fit a human in there. Also, in my mind it's about 8 feet tall so it still wouldn't be possible. Speaking of it being military, I also created this, a blueprint version. This displays the major portions of the unit from the frontward perspective (There are more mechanisms than are shown but I would need to create a side and back view to further illustrate it).

0h042cS.png

Link to Blueprint Version

If I'm honest, I like this version better.

The hardest part about the drawing was coming up with an acronym for "Toa". Eventually I came up with "Team Oriented Armament" as this relates to what the Toa are in the actual story and in my made up one. They're a team, and they're a robotic military unit. 

Also as I've said before, this is based off of a random story I came up with. No guarantee whether I'll release the story in any format, be it comic or written down or whatever. It's pretty neat but it draws many concepts from other stories that I'm not sure how original it'll feel. Either way, it's an idea.

Perhaps later I'll also draw up the rest of it (front and side) and maybe make the other units if I'm bored enough. Who knows?

Anyway, comments and critiques are appreciated as always,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 7
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I would love to see the Kopaka Unit.

In a suit.

Really though, I absolutely love this. The shaping, the detail, everything. The only problem I have with it is that it's not facing off iron Man in some sci-fi movie. :P

Nicely done!

Ah, I see... The Arctic/Reconnaissance Unit. I'll keep that in mind.

I actually was planning on drawing some pictures of the unit after I've designed the side and back. It'll make drawing it in action poses and such very easy since I'll have a reference. Perhaps I'll draw up some scenes later.

I did decide to add something more though since I was bored enough. I designed a blueprint version of the unit which I honestly think looks better than the original image.

0h042cS.png

Link

Displayed on the blueprint shows all the mechanisms visible from the frontward perspective of the unit. It also gives a basic synopsis of what it is capable of, who made it, etc.

Anyway, enjoy!

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Huh, this is cool.  So it's entirely robotic and not a suit of armor?  I love how you did the blueprint design.  Though I'm wondering why 'Makuta' is on the bottom...

Actually, I'm reminded less of Iron Man and more of Tohkann's work when I look at this.  Was that part of the inspiration, too?

Gah, I need to get to work on my own stories... now I'm afraid of looking like I copied your ideas =P

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Huh, this is cool.  So it's entirely robotic and not a suit of armor?  I love how you did the blueprint design.  Though I'm wondering why 'Makuta' is on the bottom...

Actually, I'm reminded less of Iron Man and more of Tohkann's work when I look at this.  Was that part of the inspiration, too?

Gah, I need to get to work on my own stories... now I'm afraid of looking like I copied your ideas =P

Bingo. It's a complete robot, otherwise most of the mechanisms built inside would be unable to work as they would literally kill any organic being in the unit.

Why "Makuta" is on the bottom? That's a part of the story. I won't blatantly state the reason but you can infer it based off of my previous posts in the topic. 

That's interesting. I looked him up and I can say that I've seen his work before but it wasn't the inspiration for the drawing. I can see where you might get that vibe though. The main inspiration for the drawing was mainly me thinking of an advanced robot soldier that still appeared human. The Ironman suit came to mind as it was advanced enough while still maintaining a human look. I figured that if a human can fit inside the Ironman suit, why not a robotic skeleton. In a way, the T.O.A. Unit's outside appearance is strictly armor, which works out well.

Trust me, the story that I have in mind is probably far off from most people's ideas they would come up with. It really is a mixture of several different stories. There's the chance that you could use a similar aspect to it but over all I doubt anyone would get close to it. So don't worry about it at all.

~Soran

• Upvote 1