Rabid Dog

Rabid Dog

After fumbling around in LDD trying to create a head (my favourite limb to get creative with), I ended up with this:

b95badee10.jpg

"Who took my pudding?"

I figured, hey I got all these parts, why don't I build this thing IRL? I tried to give it a toad/frog like body to give it the elusive title of Carnivorous Frog (granted flies technically are living things, so a carnivorous frog might be a pleonasm). What I ended up with was this:

7c27d1b5c9.jpg

"Was it you!?"

So I'm not sure if it even resembles any discovered species up to date, let alone a frog, so seeing how the head is too big in comparison to the body that's supposed to support it, it somehow reminds me of a pit bull. Very ferocious-looking but with a head that doesn't seem to fit on a small body.

Anywho, it's got a move- and foldable cannon(-tail) on it's back. Not to mention the eyeballs can be shot. The upper legs have certain movement-restricting extra ball socket-joints, I think I put those there for 'support'.

802c056f30.jpg

"I told you strawberry is my favorite!"

It turns out that Berix (2009) uses chronicler's staff pieces that are of a different gold than those of Brutaka (2006). Thus the four Chronicler's staff pieces on this thing are slightly off in colour. The knight's armour from Sir Danju (early 2000's) are also of a different gold hue. Luckily, even though the heads a little heavy, it can be used as a support just like the four legs. This doesn't hold when closing the mouth, however, and furthermore the closed mouth looks a little grumpy. It doesn't close as smoothly as Fenrakk's (2006) mouth does, even though I tried to copy that jaw configuration a little.

da88c67b02.jpg

"my eye!"

• Upvote 1

Well it's certainly got a lot of character, but it looks far too strange to fit with the dimensions of the MOC. Maybe something smaller and more dog-like would do the trick?

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with Mohamed; the head is just a bit too big, and I think it would work better on a large humanoid character.

I do like how the eyes kind of have a play function to them, though - ie you pull down the little tabs and they fall out. Maybe you could develop it further and create a nose that activates the tabs when you press on it?