Slizer Dome

Pahrak Model ZX

Round 5 preparations are over!

Nato decided to watch a YouTube how-to video on disk-making.  The result was actually pretty darn good!  Disk Level 5 added to Nato’s inventory!

Fishers set out to find more Air Pearls, but unfortunately, the miners of the Sub Sector had been working overtime and she wasn’t left with much.  Roll produced Resource Level 2, overruled by Resource Level 3 already in inventory.

ToaTimeLord returned to his train and entered another dimensional rift, ending up on a spectacular journey that mostly involved punching…I don’t know, let’s go with Zygons this time. Physical Level 6 added to ToaTimeLord’s inventory!

Jamie was determined to keep doing things the same way.  This time, however, it set the materials together and gathered willpower to bludgeon them into a disk in one punch.  My gosh.  With these results, I dub thee One-Punch Slizer.  Disk Level 8 added to Jamie’s inventory!

Bonkle went searching for Power Fuel, this time skipping the station and looking for his own.  He managed to find a few containers with fuel made of dinosaurs from 65 million 735 thousand years ago.  Good year.  Resource Level 4 added to Bonkle’s inventory!

Luroka got a sudden completionist urge, deciding that he needed many disks.  He wasn’t able to produce one that was stronger than what he already had, but it was a new one, so he appreciated it as a collector. Roll produced Disk Level 4, overruled by Disk Level 8 already in inventory.

Round 5 battles are on!  Post your choice of Physical, Disk, or Resource, OR state that you’d like to Fight an Elemental Monster!  Whatever you decide, make sure you speak up before Sunday, 9:00 PM EST!

I'm going to Battle, with my Resource.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Round 5 battles are decided!

Luroka (Energy, Disk Level 8 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs fishers (Sub, Disk Level 6 + Supercharge 1 = 7)

Luroka and fishers faced down in a furious disk match, sticking to the edges of the arena and battering each other from afar.  It was by a very slim margin, but Luroka was eventually able to make fishers lose her footing and knocked her down.  Luroka wins via weapon value!

Nato (Ice, Resource Level 7 + Supercharge 1 = 8) vs Bonkle (Urban, Disk Level 5 + Supercharge 3 = 8)

Knowing that his Supercharge would let him bypass elemental disadvantage and boost his disk to the maximum level, Bonkle was ready to win.  Unfortunately, the RNG matched him up against the one player who chose Resource this round, and Nato’s Ice Crystal-fueled elemental attacks blew his disk away.  Nato wins via weapon advantage!

Jamie (Energy, Disk Level 8 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs ToaTimeLord (Ice, Disk Level 8 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded)

Jamie and ToaTimeLord also entered into a disk battle, this one even more evenly matched than the last.  Their disks collided and bounced off of each other again and again—the battle seemed endless, until the disks met in just the right way that ToaTimeLord’s disk rebounded and hit him in the face, knocking him out.  Jamie wins via RNG!

Luroka and Bonkle’s Supercharges have expired, all other Supercharges down to 1 turn!

Once the matches were over, Pahrak left the Slizer Dome and sighed.  His phone began to ring, so he picked it up, asking, “Who is this?”

After a few seconds, he looked up.  If he squinted, he could see a point of orange light in the distance, emerging from behind the stars.

“…I see.  I won’t say anything, but I don’t think you’re going to be able to keep it quiet for long.”

Round 6 preparations have begun!  Post your choice of Train, Forge, or Gather before Monday, 9 PM EST!

• Upvote 1

Wow... I was starting to worry I'd chosen wrong and would lose for sure... Glad I was wrong.

Now, I think I'm going to try my hand at Forge again. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think it's less a bandwagon, and more everyone just trying to even the playing field. 

Round 6 preparations are over!

Nato celebrated his unexpected victory by taking another swing at disk-making, his confidence slightly boosting his skill.  Disk Level 6 added to Nato’s inventory!

ToaTimeLord journeyed to the far reaches of the Ice Sector, finding a squad of Ice Warriors and stealing the Ice Crystal they used to power their ice ship.  Ice.  Resource Level 8 added to ToaTimeLord’s inventory!

Luroka flew into the very center of a massive storm, scooping Electric Atoms out of the clouds as he went.  Resource Level 8 added to Luroka’s inventory!

Fishers tried another spot, but the miners had already struck there too, leaving with few options.  Roll produced Resource Level 3, overruled by Level 3 already in inventory.

Jamie tried to train harder, but that strange orange light in the sky proved a distraction. Roll produced Physical Level 4, overruled by Level 6 already in inventory.

Bonkle once again set out to find Power Fuel, but only found a canister of the same quality as last time.  Roll produced Resource Level 4, overruled by Level 4 already in inventory.

Round 6 battles are on!  Post your choice of Physical, Disk, or Resource, OR state that you’d like to Fight an Elemental Monster!  Keep in mind that this is your last chance to Supercharge!  Whatever you decide, make sure you speak up before Wednesday, 12:30 AM EST!

Edited by Galactic Commander Pahrak

I just wanted to double check - I still have one supercharge left, don't I?

I shall throw myself into Battle with my Resource once more. 

Round 6 battles are decided!

Pahrak stared up at the orange light in the sky.  As it had grown brighter, word had spread, and now everyone knew.  It was a meteor.

All he could do was hope those capable of stopping it would be able to.  For now, he just had to provide some distraction for the crowd.  Entering the field, he said, “Welcome back everyone!  We’ve got two matches for you today that I’m sure you’re gonna love!”

ToaTimeLord (Ice, Resource Level 8 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs Nato (Ice, Resource Level 7 + Supercharge 1 = 8)

The Ice Sector’s two strongest Slizers entered the arena, determined to decide which of them was The Best.  Each readied their Ice Crystals, equally strong due to Nato’s Supercharge, and prepared themselves for an epic clash of elemental energy.  Two beams of ice collided at the center of the field, spraying stray energy over the arena—it built up slowly as the beams raged against each other, eventually forming a frozen barrier around the battle.  No one could see what happened next.  Thunderous clashes could be heard alongside flashes of white, and the ice barrier fractured and twisted before finally blowing apart.  ToaTimeLord and Nato were there, still trading blasts of ice, trying to blind each other with snow, trying to slow the other’s movements with frost, anything that could tip the balance.  But they were too evenly matched.  The match drew on and on, driving the temperature of the Slizer Dome down and down.  The two Ice Slizers eventually stood there, exhausted and barely able to keep their grips on their Crystals.  Finally, the both mustered their last reserves of energy and lunged forward, the Crystals radiating so much energy that their entire arms were obscured by white.  The two Crystals were thrust together, the blasts unleashed simultaneously at point-blank, and a ripple of deathly cold air burst outward in a ripple, covering the entire Slizer Dome in snow.  When it settled and the Slizers could be seen again, they both still stood…until they both buckled, ToaTimeLord hitting the floor mere seconds before Nato did.  Nato wins via RNG!

Jamie (Energy, Disk Level 8 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs Luroka (Energy, Physical Level 6)

Once the arena was cleaned, Jamie and Luroka eagerly took it to settle the same matter: which of them would come ahead as the Energy Sector’s strongest?  Luroka clenched his fists and took a fighting stance, hoping to beat Jamie and its own game.  Jamie, still crackling with raw electrical energy, drew its ultimate disk and waited.  Luroka charged.  He narrowly sidestepped the disk, vaulting forward and landing a solid hit.  When the disk came back to Jamie’s hand, Luroka leapt back and crossed his arms, cushioning the blow when the disk hit him.  It still stung terribly.  He recovered just as Jamie prepared another throw, dropping low to avoid the attack and then rolling forward into a jump.  His overhead attack sent Jamie sprawling briefly, but the other Slizer bounced back to its feet and caught its disk, throwing it again in one fluid motion.  It hit Luroka dead-on, flinging him back to the edge of the arena and knocking the wind out of him.  Jamie retrieved its disk from the air and smiled…but Luroka got back up.  Even though he knew he wouldn’t win, Luroka wasn’t content to give up until he had reached his absolute limit.  He charged.  Jamie threw, and he was unable to dodge.  He pressed on and punched, hitting Jamie’s face, but only knocked his foe back a few inches and immediately slumped into it.  Jamie pushed Luroka back and looked him in the eye, nodding.  Luroka chuckled and wearily raised his arm for another punch.  He was knocked out by the next throw.  Jamie wins via weapon advantage!

Instead of heading to the arena, fishers once again dove into the Sub Sector’s oceans in search of a Giant Jellyfish.  She spent a surprising amount of time looking—it seemed that there might not be that many left.  Nevertheless, she did eventually find one, and after slicing through its tentacles with her disk, she battered its body with a swift barrage of kicks followed by a devastating punch, popping it like a bubble.  fishers is Supercharged +3 for the final round!

Bonkle drove to the bad side of the Urban Sector, looking for a Mutant Semi-Truck.  On his way, however, he spotted something strange: it appeared to be some sort of mushroom, but it glowed with an eerie silver light.  He took a detour to alert the authorities to its presence, learning that it had been appearing all across the Sector, but decided to leave it be for now.  Returning to the streets, he quickly found himself staring down a truck, and floored it, reaching a speed high enough that when he crashed into it he ripped right through it.  Bonkle is Supercharged +2 for the final round!

Nato, ToaTimeLord, and Jamie’s Supercharges have expired!

Back at the Slizer Dome arena, a Kohrak rushed onto the field, handing a piece of paper to Pahrak.  He looked it over, glanced at the Kohrak, and then cleared his throat. (Do Bohrok have throats?)

“Hold on folks, looks like we’ve got an emergency notice.  It seems some sort of unidentified fungus is popping up across the Urban Sector, so its inhabitants are advised to take caution and travel is being restricted to essential trips only.  We don’t have any reason to believe it’s dangerous, but probably best to keep our distance and try to get it quarantined.”

The crowd murmured worriedly.

“Well, uh, anyway, Slizers!  Next up is the last round of the tournament!  Go make your final preparations—we’ll all be eagerly waiting for you here to decide who the Champion of the Millennium is!”

Round 7 preparations have begun!  Post your choice of Train, Forge, or Gather before Wednesday, 9 PM EST!  Remember that this is your last chance to prepare—make it count!

Thank you RNG, for allowing my gamble to pay off. Now, to prepare for the final battle, I think I'm going to Train

Round 7 preparations are over!

Determined to find some better Air Pearls, fishers dove deep into the ocean in search of an area untouched by miners.  It seemed they were all too spooked by the meteor to go on an expedition, as she was able to find a decent pocket of the resource.  Resource Level 4 added to fishers’s inventory!

Bonkle drove to the farthest reaches of the Urban Sector.  To his dismay, the strange fungus was found even there…but on the bright side, he found a canister of incredibly pure Power Fuel left abandoned.  Resource Level 7 added to Bonkle’s inventory!

In search of greater skill, Luroka decided to meditate.  Unfortunately, he found it difficult to clear his mind, thoughts of the meteor up above reducing the effectiveness of his efforts.  Roll produced Physical Level 5, overruled by Level 6 already in inventory.

Nato skied onto a field of snow dunes, launching over their peaks and executing the most complicated maneuvers he dared.  He pushed his body hard, managing to extend his limits just a bit.  Physical Level 4 added to Nato’s inventory!

Jamie wished to return to his chosen path of the brawler, and went looking for something to punch.  With the entire Sector in a frenzy over the meteor, however, he had some difficulty finding a place to train in peace.  Roll produced Physical Level 2, overruled by Level 6 already in inventory.

When the day of the finals came, the Slizers gathered at the arena ready to fight.  The meteor could be seen in the sky above, its burning orange form a source of worry for all assembled.  Some said everything would be alright.  Others were nearly in a panic.  The contestants knew that it was their job to distract them, and were all prepared to put on one heck of a show.

Pahrak approached them grimly.  He paused and tapped his foot for a moment, and then said, “We have a slight change of plans.”

He produced a photograph.

“This was taken just this morning in the Urban Sector.  The one you see here has been reported at numerous points of appearance of the fungus we’re calling the Millennium Bug, and we finally got a good look at them.”

Seen was a small, black and gray Slizer with large shoulder fins, sitting atop a massive motorcycle as they charged down one of the Urban Sector’s many highways.

“We believe them to be a threat,” Pahrak said.  “Since you’re the best of the best, we wanted to ask some of you to go take a swing at them.  Whoever wants to fight in the last round as planned can do so, but if anyone wants to take on this guy, head to the Urban Sector and meet up with Kohrak #9572.  And…good luck.”

Round 7 battles are on!  Post your choice of Physical, Disk, or Resource!  Or…

In place of the elemental monsters, your alternative to fighting another player this round is to fight Millennia, the Millennium Slizer!  Just say that you’d like to challenge Millennia, and then pick a weapon type as if you were fighting a player.  Be warned that Millennia is a powerful foe: he has no element, and every weapon he uses is Level 8!  The only way to beat this mysterious Slizer is by getting the weapon advantage, or by clashing with your own Level 8 weapon of the same type! (In the latter case you are guaranteed to win, unlike the RNG that activates under these conditions in a player battle.) If you can overcome this foe, the rewards are great—you will earn 3 wins!  But if you lose, the penalty is equally severe…your win count will be reduced to 0!  Choose your actions wisely this round, Slizers, or you just might lose everything you have worked so hard to obtain!

(If an odd number of players opt for matches, whoever does not have an opponent will have to face Millennia instead.  However, if this happens and you lose, you will not have your win count reduced!)

This is it, everyone!  Make your final choice before Thursday, 10 PM EST!