Lord of the Water Protectors

Up next in this series is the Lord of the Water Protectors.  This guy watches over the ocean depths, leading the tribe of Water Protectors in their mission to guard their elemental masks of power.  I posted this on ttvpodcast and originally called it the "Queen of the Water Protectors".  But after stewing on it awhile, the design doesn't really give off a royal or female vibe.  I think being a male character and having the title of Lord is more fitting.

I took a similar approach here as with the Jungle Queen in that I tried to incorporate every shade of blue that I have into the design. And of course I had to mix in that lemon yellow, since I think those two colors give a great aquatic vibe. The flipper feet do stand a bit awkwardly. But that's the case for anyone trying to walk around wearing scuba flippers, isn't it?

25461960851_2681a067c9_z.jpg

25259087160_ac714c877a_z.jpg

25461960781_fede7f2728_z.jpg

24924176404_392a61c016_z.jpg

24927976803_e9cf8a71ef_z.jpg

• Upvote 3

I'm loving the trident.  I may try and build my own.  If I may make one suggestion. The feet look too floppy.  I know you are going for scuba diving fins, but maybe the webbed feet of Inika Hahli or Kiina.  As a suggestion.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

I'm loving the trident. I may try and build my own. If I may make one suggestion. The feet look too floppy. I know you are going for scuba diving fins, but maybe the webbed feet of Inika Hahli or Kiina. As a suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback man. I'll have to look in my parts collection to see if I have either of those feet. If so, I'll try em out and post pics.

I dunno, this one doesn't seem as... finished as the others.  The armor looks gappy and bare from the front.  Maybe if you just used bone pieces for the front it'd look better, I don't know.  The harpoon pistol looks sweet, though.

Appreciate your input.  The most common feedback I'm getting is about the torso armor.  So I am going to have to re-vamp that.  Luckily I didn't disassemble this guy yet, like I usually do with all my other MOCs.