My Malum Re-vamp for 2016

So what's the general feeling of the fanbase for Malum? I wasn't paying attention to Bionicle back then. But I saw a pic somewhere recently and loved those claws. Decided I needed to get him, and found a complete set on BL for like $8.00.

He's one of the best old-gen sets IMO. But I couldn't resist re-vamping him with various color swaps, additional armor, and claw mods. What do you guys think, improvement over the original?

24933957604_6f72a559dc_z.jpg

25268860450_4d7abea79f_z.jpg

25445909512_77be4b3cf6_z.jpg

25445909762_cf5a4c4119_z.jpg

25445907952_5bb87a33ab_z.jpg

• Upvote 8

Now that's just straight-up EPIC.

He gives even more of a fire vibe now. I love the little torch flames all over him, not to mention that the Skrall armor on his legs works surprisingly well IMO. :)

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Very nice.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Being a Malum fan m'self, I was impressed by your upgrades. You went for a lean mean fighting machine turned Gladiator look rather than the heavyset bruiser/warrior king look.

Seeing as Glatorian are primarily organic, maybe this could represent the arena days and the official set the wasteland warrior and king of the Vorox he came to be.

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Great job here! I like how you've made him "spiky" - this has the effect of making him look like he's covered in flames. His claws also have a lot more bulk to them, which makes him look more powerful. 

Good work! Hopefully you'll have some more revamps to share in the future. :)

If only the original Glatorian were this detailed and unique compared to the sets of the previous years at the time. Would have made 2009 much more unique in my eyes.

Also, those two back armor pieces on the backs of the shoulders could be connected better. Say, take two sort length pins, attach them to the bottom shoulder peg holes, connect the larger pins at the top of the shoulder peg holes, connect two 2x2 technic beam pieces, and them connect the armor like that. Additionally, you could connect two 1x3 2 axle 1 peg, thin pieces and than put on the armor pieces, trust me, it works I've done it before.

(those totes official terms for them pieces though)

In any case, this revamp is absolutely fantastic, great job on it!

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Oh man, I remember loving this guy in Glatorian Arena... the double-claw smash, nothing stood in front of that thing.  Now he looks like less of a heavyweight brawler and more nimble, like he'd dodge a careless slash with a sword, then pull you into a choke hold with those giant claws... nicely done.  I'm gonna see what I can do with my Malum now =P

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest