The Tohunga of Mata Nui...

Chamaeilion

Hello all,

Since my last post (http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21671-mnog-2-matoran-in-tohunga-form/), I have expanded my collection of tohunga.

I now believe I have finished and have made every official tohunga/matoran ever seen on Mata Nui, from the years 2000/1 to 2003. By 'official' I mean featuring in MNOG 1, MNOG 2 and the flash episodes. Nothing from any fan-based creations.

If you know of any official matoran/tohunga that I have missed out, please say!

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

• Upvote 13

IT'S GLORIOUS...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/be/b0/03/beb0038212c37623d151e5582aade574.jpg

BTW, I noticed that you used some rare misprint masks (mostly on the Le-Matoran) and some painted. I guess you didn't quite have enough to go around, huh. Also, on some of the Onu-maotran, that isn't quite the same shade of purple as seen on Onepu, but whatever, it's close enough.

Also, would you mind inquiring us on what paint you used for coloring the parts? It looks so smooth on the feet and masks, that I just had to ask.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Hi,

The purple is a tad off, but I just couldn't find the right colour..

and those misprints can cost an arm and a leg so its usually cheaper to paint..

For the paints I mostly used Molotow Belton, found here: http://www.greatart.co.uk/BigDraw/Combine-Drawing-with/Acrylic-Painting/Molotow-Belton-Premium-Acrylic-Spray-Paints.html; really smooth finish.

Love these. i love seeing tasteful paintjobs on stuff (be it WH40k, Star Wars, or Bionicle). I would offer cash, but I already have so much stuff I want right now that I can't. Keep up the good work dude!

A friend of mine wants to know if the lime huna wearing Le-Matoran is a mailman.

...What?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really exciting to see someone do this. I've always wanted to. I even have Bricklink wanted list for tohunga but the most I can get from any one place is four. Did you go through Bricklink and buy them individually or did you find a way to buy several at a time? Hopefully I'll eventually get around to doing this, but it probably won't be for a while. Did you make a list of where each of the tohunga was depicted? If you haven't already, don't feel obligated because it would be ton of work but I would be interested in what you used for a reference to make sure you got everyone without doubling up or leaving anyone out.

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz

Holy cow, this is awesome. Totally the kind of thing I'd do if I had the pieces for it.

I hadn't thought about it before, but I think this is one reason I really liked the Tohunga in early Bionicle - even though they were from the same Koro, they had different color schemes.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)