Makuta Sethuldur

Stroxx

An older OC of mine. I've posted him on the previous board and guessed it would be a nice start on the new one too. Please read description below, might contain additional info too.

c64e7ad365070ccd6e2aacbf8dc62a0a-d39uc9r

Though I consider this pic a bit old now. This rendition of Seth is prior to the Matoran Civil War. A loyal supporter of Leader Miserix and a rather potent agent of the Brotherhood, though some of his brethren hardly take him seriously for his lighthearted, more "naiive" behaviour (simply putting it: cocky, brattish). A well rounded warrior aswell, mainly specializing in spears and other... long weapons.I used Photoshop CS3 for this pic. It took roughly 4 hours to draw. 'Oyee' is my other alias I usually use to sign my pics.Also, constructive criticism is always welcome, though picky 'peoplez' will be handed pickles. Love you guys and enjoy the pic. :baaa:

Edited by Stroxx
  • Upvote 4

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Oh man, so glad to have this on the new forums.I freakin' love this thing. The glow from the heartlight and shadow energy, (I'm assuming it's shadow energy :P), look amazing. The lightning is brilliant, and the pose looks sick.The amount of detail you have on this thing is pretty incredible, it reminds me a lot of Vezok's Friend's style.Hope you post more art soon!

jlovfkk.jpg

It looks quite amazing! However, it looks a little too much like a Michael Bay Transformer then a bionicle, but otherwise good. I give it a 9 out of 10.

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

All i have to say is freakin amazing. He looks like something that would be seen in a nightmare, the layered armor is a nice effect and suits him. I also like the spear which in its own way is elegant and suits him perfectly. I only have two suggestions one since he is lighthearted i would have given him a different eye color to show that lighthearted spirit. My other suggestion is doing a full front picture of him. I will be looking forward to more of your work.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

FrozenFlashDark backround is dark. But hey! Thanks! :DEekoI'm happy you're happy. :DIt also lifts my heart that you find the lightning to your appeal, though this Makuta is before the Metru Nui Civil War wich is way before Teridax's betrayal, so it's hardly pure shadow energy. But ehrrr... I'unno. It's glowy anyway.I remember Vezok's Friend from the old forums, I used to like what he/she arted around. =) Though the General Arts section doesn't seem to have more than 1 page on my browser. Could you link me one of his/her threads? :DTrueshadowX01Aww shacks, thanks. I guess it's sticks and rocks then. I love Mr.Bay-Boo's japanese CGI guys to bits. The only comptetent people in his staff besides his shooters and stage-hands in my opinion. Also, on a side note:sethie02-lores.jpgChi Keeper Cho Voxumo-ChanHmm, yummy, good long compliments. Feeds my dark intents just well. I wasn't quite aiming for nightmare-fuel (though it was kind of implemented anyway), but definitely for elegant.As of the lighthearted part, I understand your view of perception, but I could have told you guys too that he was an aspect of butterfly and pies who likes to prance around in flowery fields being all Fluttershy-ish. But as long as I don't show him in a deliberate context and show his interactions in character with other characters kind of makes my statement nonexistent (wich happily brings me to the conclusion that I need to draw him more). Remember my friend, we can always put Draco Malfoy in leather pants and make Ron Weasly into a green skinned Deatheater (as it has been proven by several fanfictions in that other fandom).And smelt yeah, front pictures. Definitely something I'd scratch in the close future.The 1st ShadowWhat I gather from your post that the pose is most likely hard to make out. Does your computer show the pic in a smaller resolution or is it overly dark/light? Because he is just leaning forward dipping his head forward.

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

The 1st ShadowThen it certainly is resolution problem. Nothing wrong with your computer, though you might have to scale down your monitor resolution temporarly a bit to make out the pic easier. It usually works for me. =)Chi Keeper Cho Voxumo-ChanI'm not quite sure. I tend to make up random stuff when sketching up a generally settled character so it would fit him.Most of his brethren call it the mask of imbicility (well, at least those who are generally irritated by him). Otherwise he doesn't really have an idea (neither he is bothered by it) and he acts it up a bit too. Aaand I'm not sure if I want to let it on yet. :D I have some plaaans. °u°

• 3 weeks later...

congratulations on making the news page with this makuta. You deserve it he is simply amazing and breathtaking. Are you planing on including him in a story or anything because i think he would make an awesome character?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This looks incredible! The way his body looks is kind of scary (in a good way). As previously stated by another member, he kind of looks like a Transformer from one of Michael Bay's 'Transformers' movies. (That's not a complaint, BTW.) He also kind of looks like a Space Pirate from 'Metroid Prime' too, IMO.Anyway, I don't really have any suggestions for improvement. It looks great as is. Everything from his body design to his staff looks great.And congrats on making the front page! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hey look! its Megatron!XDThough in all reality it does look like that, but its not your fault. It is hard to get original ideas nowadays and it really doesnt look specificalllike megatron, but the white/silver metal sticking out everywhere make it look familiar to anyone who has watched the new transformers series.It looks really great, i mean, its slightly small, and it could be a little more central to the picture area, but the only real complain i have is that the spear seems to be not connected to anything (upon looking at it again i see he is holding the end of the handle, but for now let us assume it looks like hes not holding it lol) but the spear itself is quite well made, of a japanese ancestry, and suited to the piece.its a solid 8/10, and it could be an easy 10/10 if it was more central to the picture and the spear was held in less awkward pose.REMEMBER, WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME.

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME

Congrats on making the front page!Dude...this looks epic. I like how his armor looks like a bunch of mummy bandages, and how his red eyes glow in contrast to the black background. He has that Makuta look to him, and that weapon makes him seem like a threatening person, regardless of your alignment. Epic drawing.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Man, this would make a great desktop wallpaper. I actually really like the fact that he's off to the side. For one thing it gives the sense that he's in motion. For another, his position fits perfectly with the icons on my desktop :P. 10/10.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Now this... this is true epicness. He looks absolutely sinister, and his weapon only adds to his awesomeness.I get the sense that he would make an incredible villain in a major video game, or any story, actually.Truly, I can't say how brilliant this is. However, it does not remind me of a Makuta, not at all, it seems like it would be better off having its own species. Now maybe that's just because of how Lego depicted the Makuta in the sets, but I never envisioned any Makuta to look like this, not in my wildest dreams.Not a bad thing, though, it's nice to see how diverse Makuta can be and look, and that they don't all have wings and are pitch black.If I were to rate him, I would say 9.3/10.0. He would get a solid 10/10 if I were able to see him more clearly.Good job, very good job.-Skar

Wow. This is pretty epic.I only have two complaints. One, that he's so small compared to the background. Not a big deal really :). The second complaint is kinda more serious. Look at the top left of the spear. See that metal barb floating next to it's point. His spear is comin' apart!!! Seriously though, that kinda throws off the spear, even though only knit-picky ppl like me would have noticed. Otherwise, it's awesome!8.5/10

If you think that Justin Bieber sounds like an eight-year old girl hyped up on sugar, copy and paste this into your signature.

Copy and paste this in your signature if you think Greg Farshtey should reveal The Shadowed One's real name.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Guess what? My profile pic has nothing to do with My Little Pony. Get used to it. Copy and paste into your signature if your are like me.(ToaTonyia) Nvm , since I'm a brony now Dashie for president

Copy and paste this sig if you cried a little inside during the cutscenes of Halo: Reach

Wow. Just wow. This really brings back Makuta for me, even though it isn't Teridax. :PMore please!

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

I know this might sound like a snide remark, but if you do have a backstory planned/already made (or at least some other info), could you share it with the community/me in a PM? I'm writing an... erm... "epic" FanFiction and there are several Makuta who are rebels, and have several flashbacks. I was wondering if I could include Seth in my story in one of them? My Makuta were loyal to Miserix, as well (although "sided" with Terry during the Convocation), and even sparked a small conflict during theirs and a few others' rebellion and subsequent escape. I would really like to include another OC, but I'm not very creative and having an image to work with is really nice. So, yeah.tl;dr I would really like if you posted some story for this guy because I want to see if I can use him in a FanFiction I'm writing if you would allow it. :begging:~Makuta'sdarkslave

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

Hey, Stroxx. I have to say that ya would beat single-handedly many painters with your art. Once again you bring us a masterpiece, and what a masterpiece! I mean, it got to the front page... Few would get to it. You did it. I think ( and hope, 'coz I'm going to be fan of your works starting today! ) ya will get to it once again, or even more. That spear looks very cruel, and speaking of a Makuta makes it better. I wonder how could this be MOCized in LEGO parts... That would be a suicide.However, Mordor loves this. Go on, man.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Edited by Lord of the Rings

Oh wow ... I really thought I posted in this topic before.The armor's lighting and shading are extremely well done. The angle of the light source is interesting and gives him a superior look. The fiery embers or such coming from his hand look really nice and extremely crisp.And as far as "other long weapons" go, I think the only other one is a staff apart from a spear. :P

Edited by Toa Mata Pony

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

I love to see a person put so much effort into their own characters. The detail you have put into his design is inspiring, it makes me think of either Sauran from LotR or the ship used by the villains in the most recent Star Trek movie. In other words, DOOMY SPIKES OF VILLAINY! :biggrin: I also love the harsh glow of the red, it adds just enough color to draw the eye towards the character. Wonderful!

Edited by Toa Novu

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Awesome as heck!!! Is it just me or does the mask look a bit like Firelord's head? His pose is just incredible, and the pic itself looks great! My only suggestion is that you crop some of the black background on the left so that the pic concentrates more on him. Oh and a front pose wouldbe awesome. What would be even more awesome is a MOC of him. Great job!

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...