LEGO Club Releases Two Exclusive Bionicle Combi-Builds

The "Unity" feature of this year's Toa sets may be exciting, but if you've been hoping for some more traditional combination models, your moment has arrived! An article has been published on the LEGO Club website with building steps for two exclusive combi-builds: one from the pieces of 71306 Pohatu Uniter of Stone and 71308 Tahu Uniter of Fire, and another from the pieces of 71307 Gali Uniter of Water and 71311 Kopaka and Melum Unity Set. Follow the link above for pictures and instructions!

View the full article

I always enjoyed during the earlier years of G1 how LEGO released several instructions for 'Kaita' models. I'm glad to see this trend has remained.

I wonder if the new story team will ever incorporate a Toa Kaita into G2. 

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

Yes! Combiners are back! To be honest, I have never been a huge fan of combiners, but these really caught my eye. The lower arms on Tahatu are well made, and pretty much everything about Kopali is brilliant. His/Her shoulders are really well made, with a more sturdy construction than I was expecting. Plus his/her weapons! The staff is elegant and the combined stud shooter and claw actually has a gear function! Oh and Kopali has a monocle. Just… yes!

Why not TWOA? And these are,,,,some...form of combiners. I'm not expecting a kaita or anything, but really any of the previous combiners in G1 looked better than these.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The combiners themselves look really cool. But I'm not fond of the name 'TWOTOA.' It just sounds a little corny IMO.

But that isn't a deal breaker for me. I'll just call them Toa Kaita in my headcannon. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I must say, these are very cool-looking combined! I like the blue/white and red/tan combos! Their weapons look awesome!:D I always wonder if two Toa can combine instead of three.

Twotoa? Seriously? I agree with the "Twoa" idea. Sounds more original.

Anyway, I hope the same goes to other 2016 sets:

1. Lewa+Onua

2. Uxar+Terak

3. Ikir+Ketar

4. Akida+Umarak

Anyway, I hope that one day where the Toa Kaita (three Toa combined) will show up in G2. I mean, the keyword "Unity" doesn't just mean working together. It can also mean combining, like the old days of G1 and MNOG. I wonder when will the Toa fuse together. This would be like a new level of unity.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Good to see combiners are sticking around through 2016. I think these two could use a bit more creativity though, because as some others pointed out, they resemble more of a "power-up" mode than a new character. I thought that last year's Skull combiners-- while odd-looking as sets and irrelevant in the storyline-- were at least able to give the impression that you were looking at a brand-new character. It seems like the set designers might by shying away from that approach in favor of these "power-ups," which is too bad in my opinion. I understand the desire not to repeat G1's mistake by flooding G2 with new characters, but done in the right measures, I think combiners are a great way to world-build. These models aren't bad for what they are, but I hope we see something a little more fresh in the next batch of combiners. :)

1. Lewa+Onua
2. Uxar+Terak
3. Ikir+Ketar
4. Akida+Umarak

Poor Akida. He's gotta combine with that Umarak creep. :P

Edited by Disciple
  • Upvote 2

Good to see combiners are sticking around through 2016. I think these two could use a bit more creativity though, because as some others pointed out, they resemble more of a "power-up" mode than a new character. I thought that last year's Skull combiners-- while odd-looking as sets and irrelevant in the storyline-- were at least able to give the impression that you were looking at a brand-new character. It seems like the set designers might by shying away from that approach in favor of these "power-ups," which is too bad in my opinion. I understand the desire not to repeat G1's mistake by flooding G2 with new characters, but done in the right measures, I think combiners are a great way to world-build. These models aren't bad for what they are, but I hope we see something a little more fresh in the next batch of combiners. :)

1. Lewa+Onua

2. Uxar+Terak

3. Ikir+Ketar

4. Akida+Umarak

Poor Akida. He's gotta combine with that Umarak creep. :P

I'm glad to see that there are combiners in 2016, too. I understand that the combiners aren't canonized in G2 story probably because the desire to not put too many characters in there, but they are great for world-building. I mean, the new combiners could have been new Toa, similar to Jovan from G1, for example.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that Akida had to combine with Umarak.:P He could've combined with Melum if Melum hadn't combined with the Kopaka-Gali combiner. Perhaps Umarak would combine with his Shadow Traps. These would make him spiky-er.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 3 weeks later...