Opinions Requested: Double Posting

-Windrider-

Hey all,

I'm considering a change to official topics in order to keep them on the map, as it were - so don't worry, they're not going away! But, how would everyone feel about allowing everyone (that is, not just the topic starters) to double post as necessary in official topics?

• Upvote 1

Order is a necessity, especially in Official Topics, allowing double posts may not create disorder, per say. But, it should be regulated and looked upon as a viable and non-disorder creating option. Especially concerning new, or otherwise long inactive, never really used accounts and members. It should be considered, but perhaps with great caution. All I say is that we should be cautious.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Order is a necessity, especially in Official Topics, allowing double posts may not create disorder, per say. But, it should be regulated and looked upon as a viable and non-disorder creating option. Especially concerning new, or otherwise long inactive, never really used accounts and members. It should be considered, but perhaps with great caution. All I say is that we should be cautious.

What do you mean by regulated? How far should that be taken? And why would new or inactive accounts be considered more than other people?

It's always good to be cautious, but I'm not too sure it'll be too necessary... besides, the staff would always have the option to merge iffy posts, right?

It may be useful, but I would be cautious over people that would utilize it like it is a chatroom or spamful aims. I say allow it for a month and really monitor things. If this experiment proves fruitful, then keep it; otherwise, purge it.

The verbosity is strong in this one.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I suppose it'd be fine if it was well-regulated, but I'm guessing that would take a good amount of time and/or work. I just sort of wonder why it would be necessary at all. Editing your previous post has always seemed to work well to me.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

as long as the double posts contain actual substance (not just "bump" or "let's get this active again" or whatever), I'm all for this.

(And in reply to others as well -) The rules against spam would still stand, so such posts wouldn't be allowed.

I suppose it'd be fine if it was well-regulated, but I'm guessing that would take a good amount of time and/or work. I just sort of wonder why it would be necessary at all. Editing your previous post has always seemed to work well to me.

I don't see it being any work at all, actually. I trust you guys, and if trouble does pop up, it would be easy to deal with. As for its being necessary, editing a post doesn't bump the topic to the top of the list. I know there's a list of all the official topics, but I think they could stand to get a boost in visibility these days.

• Upvote 3

I don't see why not, but I also fail to see what purpose it would serve.

I believe you're right in the sense that it wouldn't be anywhere near as big a boon as allowing topic revival in official topics, which certainly hasn't saved them these days, but that "why not" is quite powerful.

All right, we'll officially give it a shot. If nothing really results, then I'll leave the exception in place anyway. I really don't think any harm will come of it.

Being able to double post when you can add something new to kickstart discussion would be a major boon. I can't count the number of times I've needed to get my brother to post in, say, the official MLP topic, or the Steven Universe topic, because new news has surfaced and I myself had made the last post. People who don't have a sibling they can convince to help them with that don't have that option.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...