Favorite / Least Favorite Canister Design?

Peach 00

Title should just about say it all. Not sure if this is allowed, but I remember there was a topic on the old forums just like it that was okay.My favorites are probably the '07 Barraki and Mahri canisters. The Mahri canisters seemed to have an expanded amount of playability, like the barrier things or whatever where you could mount the Cordak Blaster on the canister exterior. There were a lot of other ways to use it - a similar way with the Metru canisters, where you could take the tops of the canisters and make Matoran spheres.Least favorite would have to be the Mistika canisters - they were so hard to open, honestly. >_<

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

My favorite canisters were probably the Bohrok canisters. I really liked how you could store the Bohrok in its own canister. It was really cool.My least favorite would be the Mahri canisters, since you really couldn't store the Mahri in them. That kind of annoyed me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I really like the Bohrok hang-from-the-inside canister function. Who says canisters can't have storyline purposes?In my book, any canister than can be incorporated into a model is awesome, but the Bohrok even more so. They were a creative way to pull it off.(Also props to the Barraki canisters - those just looked cool. Hard to store and display, as I have found, but wicked-looking. In a good way.)I can't pinpoint a least favorite, for all canisters have some redeeming qualities about them - but the Mistika were way too hard to open. (If the Kardatoran/Agori box-canister hybrid abomination can be mentioned, I'll have to say them as well - not for bad design, per se, but the unnecessary plastic drove the price through the proverbial roof.)I also feel like defending the Mahri canisters a bit - they used less plastic, and they could be integrated into MOCs fairly easily due to their connection points - if you found a use for them. :P

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, any of those canisters can be mentioned. As long as they kind of have a part-canister quality or are a canister, it's fine. And sadly, I never had the Bohrok canisters, but I did like the Nuva canisters, where you could put the heads/masks on the top of the canister. But I hated those as well, they went up to about $8-$9 because of the plastic. Sadly, those sets were almost more expensive than the Nuva and Mata ever were. >_>

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Hmm... for favourites I'd have to say the Bohrok, Toa Mata, and Toa Metru cans simply because they could be worked into the storyline easily; they weren't just storage devices that meant nothing.For least favourite it'd definitely be the Kardatoran and Toa Mahri canisters. Kadatoran were awful and drove the price sky high, and the Toa Mahri weren't even canisters. Plus, keeping a frame seems kinda pointless. :P-ibrow

Hmm... for favourites I'd have to say the Bohrok, Toa Mata, and Toa Metru cans simply because they could be worked into the storyline easily; they weren't just storage devices that meant nothing.For least favourite it'd definitely be the Kardatoran and Toa Mahri canisters. Kadatoran were awful and drove the price sky high, and the Toa Mahri weren't even canisters. Plus, keeping a frame seems kinda pointless. :P-ibrow

I'd say the same. Except the bit about the Kardatoran. I actually quite liked those canisters, although I wouldn't call them my favourites.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The Mahri "canisters" were simply horrible.I'm rather partial to the Bohrok canisters. They look good line up together - just like the hive - and of course they stack well.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Heh, so from what I noticed, I'm the only person who has a fondness for the Mahri canisters. :P But now that I think about it, I was never a fan of the Phantoka and Rahkshi canisters. The Phantoka were way too hard to open and close - the extra plastic on the front did increase the price, no doubt.

slipped away...

I really liked the Mata lids. On the other end of the spectrum, I din't like the Mistika canisters; too hard to open.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Well, I have many favorite canisters, but also some canisters I don't like:- Toa Mata Canister: This one is probably one of my most favorite canitsters. I really like that you can move the wrap of de canister, so you can see another part of the story or another mask. I also like the lid of the canister, becouse you can use it like a Suva.- Bohrok Canister: Very nice canister. I really like that hang-function from the lid and the bohrok.- Bohrok-Kal Canister: Almost the same as the Borhok Canisters.- Toa Nuva Canister: Only the lid looks a little bit nice. You can put the weapons on it, but thats actually all.- Rahkshi Canister: It looks very nice when you have that transparent side from the canister with a Rahkshi in it. I also like the lid, becouse you can put some kraata on it.- Toa Metru Canister: Only the lid is very nice, becouse you can put 2 together to make a Matoran Sphere. And you can put a Kanoka disk on it.- Toa Hordika/Visorak Canister: It's just cool that you can put a Rhotuka on the lid. (The lid from the Visorak is a little bit different).- Toa Inika Canister: It's funny that you can store the weapon and Zamor Spheres in the lid.- Piraka Canister: I really like that plastic mask on the lid.- Barraki Canister: Okee, the box looks like a rock, but you can nothing do with it.- Toa Mahri Canister: I only like that function that you can put your Cordak Blaster on it. Thats all. You can't store your Toa in it.- Phantoka Canister / Mistika Canister / Glatorian Canisters / Stars Canister : The disign of the box looks nice, but you can nothing do with it!

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

Man, so many. And the canisters actually almost always had a story application, which is great. Bohrok definitely rank up, there, as do the original Mata ones. For sheer design purposes, I'd say Barraki, because it's just great artistry there, but on the whole, the Bohrok canisters were brilliantly functional.

best: wwhale the mata an bohrok canisters for story tie-in porpoises an the barraki for cull designswworst: the mahri ones wwere just horrible in evvery wwavve an the mistika wwere unreasonably hard to open

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

• 2 weeks later...

While probably more environmentally conscious, the Mahri canisters were kinda unattractive and difficult to use.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012