Favorite / Least Favorite Canister Design?

Peach 00

My favorite were the Toa mata and Bohrok canisters.Least favorite were the Mahri canisters(i thought only Titans came in cardboard boxes!). :censored:-CDP

Edited by cooldynamyteproductions

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

The Bohrok had the most impressive canister deign in my opinion. I loved how it resembled a hive and the ability to attach the Bohrok to the lid.The Mahri canisters were just aweful. I mean, it wasnt even a canister, just a cheap plastic box.

Favorite: Canisters up to 2006 for function, Barraki for looking awesome.Least: Mahri/Phantoka: Not even canisters anymore.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

• 3 weeks later...

you know i have never really hought about it but i guess if i had to choose one it would most likely be the phantoka canisters. at least when they did that with the mahri the plastic part could be used for a turret where as the phantoka plastic thing could not do much and it does not even make good scenery. i mean really when was the last time you saw red stalagmites. and my favorite canister is either the toa mata canisters since they can be used as toa canisters vehicles/suva, the next would be the toa metru since their lids formed matoran spheres and the last being the toa mahri for the reason i stated earlier.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i forgot i also really liked the bohrok canisters since they worked really well as a display case and the mistikas were cool since half was good and half was dented.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I DESPISED the Mahri canisters. I don't really care about what the canisters are storage-wise, (which is why I lack a favorite, however 2001-2002 saw good use of the canisters story-wise) but the Mahri were just hard to open. I had to use a knife, which was difficult since I was split between tearing the monstrosity of a box to shreds and avoiding stabbing the pieces.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I DESPISED the Mahri canisters. I don't really care about what the canisters are storage-wise, (which is why I lack a favorite, however 2001-2002 saw good use of the canisters story-wise) but the Mahri were just hard to open. I had to use a knife, which was difficult since I was split between tearing the monstrosity of a box to shreds and avoiding stabbing the pieces.

that would be a really big hassle and inconvenience

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 4 weeks later...

I liked most of the canister designs, but there were a few problems I had with some of them. Probably my favorite was the Bohrok canisters. They were actually make like the "pods" for the Bohrok. And that piece to connect them to the lid... :wub:. Apart from the Bohrok canisters, I really liked the Inika canisters. They were very bulky, but they held the Toa's unique weapon and zamor spheres. You could make the sword light up from outside! Unfortunately, the canisters were big and bulky, and for all you know some kid picked his nose and started poking the stuff. The Barraki canisters were not my favorite, but you gotta love trans-blue.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

I liked Inika cans, but Agori's where the worst: they had that stripe of hard plastic which no one could have possibly opened 'em in the car while going home without a scissor! :burnmad:----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Does nobody else have the notion to bring the scissors in the car? Or ask the guy/girl in the shop?

DevBannerwithInterests.png

My favourites were the Toa Metru for the Matoran capsules, Bohrok for hanging upside down, Mahri because they looked cool and the back looked great, Barraki for the unusual shape and cool design, Inika because they housed the weapons (that glowed!), and the Nuva ones because of nostalgia.I have a lot of favourites, but Lego seems to pay special attention to making cool canisters, so there.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

Having just gotten my last Phantoka in Antroz, I was quickly reminded of how much I don't care for those canisters, either. They're really too cumbersome and and annoying to get into thanks to the outer shell. But if you remove that for ease of access and easier storage, they just look too bland on display and lose the color distinctions that defines a canister lineup. 2007 and 2008 probably were the worst years for canisters in my opinion.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Bohrok arey favorite because of their practicality. The worst are probably the mahri. The canister were part... cardboard...?But what's neat about the mahri canister is that it actually utilizes the building system- it has light-saber sized holes in it, and also pin holes!

doom4revalt.png

:kaukau: Let's face it: the original Toa and the Bohrok were totally awesome because their canisters made total sense within the story and fit the bill perfectly, minus a few advertising quirks. There was something very aesthetically pleasing about them. It was a little offset by the time of the Rahkshi, though, since the canisters served no purpose in-story, so 2002 was the last year in the short-lived goled age of the canister.My least favorite were the Barraki and the Mahri. The former were very hard to stack and impractical in every way, but to mention unsightly due to the asymmetry and the lack of a Bionicle-ish feel to them. Yeah, they fit their environment and all, but it definitely falls short of the bio-mechanical awesomeness of the original canisters up even to the year 2005. The latter were just terrible and they felt like boxes to some other robot-centered franchise, as well as bringing in the dreaded era of the cardboard box.The Phantoka canisters were also a bit of a disappointment, although they were a little more usable than the Barraki.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 2 weeks later...

The canisters of old with the original toa were the best, simply because I actually remember having fun with them. The Mahri canisters had a bit of playability, but really not that much.And my least favorites were the Phantoka canisters, they were Rather obnoxious with the colored plastic thing not actually being able to firmly attach to the canister, which is wonderful for display.

Anything from before 2005. The Toa canisters looked like legit Toa Pods (yes, all of them, even the Metru ones) and the Bohrok/Rahkshi/Vahki canisters looked like canon storage containers for said things.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

My favorite canisters would be the Mata and Metru canisters. Just because they have some part in the storyline. And they can be used in MOCs, like Mahri canisters. My least favorite would probably be the Mistika (so hard to open) and Phantoka (they're kinda useless).

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

My favorite by far were the Barraki canisters. They looked cool, and you could just sit for hours staring at them.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I can't exactly see the dislike for the Mahri canisters, although I see the hatred for the Phantoka and Avtoran canisters (if that's what you could possibly call the small boxes. The Phantoka's plastic canisters were made purposefully for making $4 extra off the buyer of the product because of the excess plastic for show. The Mahri canisters could be used for a lot of things, and if you keep the plastic on the inside it still can be used. I used them to play with quite a bit when I first got them, for instance you can actually make miniature tanks and mount a Cordak blaster in the front for fun and basically play tank wars. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing beats the classic Toa canisters. Perfectly cylindrical, storage function, sliding function on the outside, lid with axle connections and connection for a mask on the top, playability of the can and the lid, story role of both can and lid. What else can you ask for? :P I greatly enjoyed the Stars canister designs as well. Their shape and size were nice, the Golden Hau background was gorgeous and the lids had a nice curvy design, too, even with a Valley of the Maze shape on top and all. :P Obviously there are also the Bohrok canisters with their great storage function.As far as least favourite canister design is concerned, it´s hard to say. I was never especially fond of the flat yet wide canisters from the later years, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

mata and bohrok for their clever story integration and the inika and piraka for their radical display features!worst would be the kardatoran/agori. The frame increase the price and were stupid, and unlike the mahri's, there were no technic connection points. Plus they were bad at the only thing they could possibly be- scenery! The whack ycolours just didn't work. If they were gun-metal or a grey rocky-colour, like karda nui itself perhaps....

Edited by Ids5621

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

I can't pick one, so I'm going to just list them in order of my favorites:BarrakiInikaPhantokaBohrok and Bohrok-KalToa Mata Toa NuvaMahriGlatorian (Legends included)StarsRahkshiToa MetruToa HordikaVisorakVahkiPirakaMistikaI love the Barraki canisters because of their design. I think they look really cool and sells the feeling of being underwater.I dislike the Mistika canisters because of their difficult-to-open nature. Not only that, but the Mistika have so many things attached to their arms and legs that you have to remove half the set in order to fit it in the canister, and when you've done that, it's extremely difficult to get the set out of the canister. This is the same issue I've had with the Glatorian and Stars sets, though more of the former than the latter.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

The Bohrok had the most impressive canister deign in my opinion. I loved how it resembled a hive and the ability to attach the Bohrok to the lid.

This by far. I loved stacking the Bohrok canisters on their sides t look like the wall of the hive. Really helped with imersion as a kid.The origional Toa canisters were the most useful though. I used to save coins in them.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png