Favorite / Least Favorite Canister Design?

Peach 00

I like the Rahkshi canisters, and I liked the look of the Barraki canisters, although I can't remember how good they actually were. I also liked the Piraka canisters, because they had the cool little Piraka mask thing on them. The Inika canisters were cool because they had all the Zamor spheres visible from the top. I most certainly did not like the Mistika canisters, because they were practically impossible to open. I would get it open, and, in the process, break apart my Krika.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mistika Canisters are my favorite. They are completely epic. They are symbolic and reflect the story.But least favorite....? Hm, from what I know...the Piraka's are not too special...The Mahri are too hard to put back together (though they look epic).

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

• 4 weeks later...
Title should just about say it all. Not sure if this is allowed, but I remember there was a topic on the old forums just like it that was okay.My favorites are probably the '07 Barraki and Mahri canisters. The Mahri canisters seemed to have an expanded amount of playability, like the barrier things or whatever where you could mount the Cordak Blaster on the canister exterior. There were a lot of other ways to use it - a similar way with the Metru canisters, where you could take the tops of the canisters and make Matoran spheres.Least favorite would have to be the Mistika canisters - they were so hard to open, honestly. >_<
See the obvious section? Didnt know that. You sir, are awesome.Also, I like the mistika cans. Free mask of life doohikey. Loved the design.

My favorite was definitely the Toa Metru canister design. The lid was quite easily the best BIONICLE canister lid ever made, and the canister itself was compact and utilitarian. Shame that it was one of the few canister designs they didn't really reuse.My least favorite, if I think of them all as canisters, was the Toa Mahri box thing. Its rim was acceptable as a piece to build with, but... not a canister, really.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

My favorite canister design would be that of the Toa Metru, which I even used for a decent MOC, seen here. My least favorite would probably be the Mahri ones, due to their odd shape, which did not provide anything useful. You couldn't even store them, unlike most of the other sets.~B~

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best ones were the Toa Mata canisters, for story significance, the twisting feature and you could store your collected masks on it. I didn't actually mind the Mahri canisters (it that's the right word). I think the worst were the Mistika canisters.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

I liked the Toa Metru canisters feature-wise, but I've always liked the classic Mata canisters. My least favorite would have to be the Barraki canisters, since they were all tilted and annoying to store.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

My favorite... To this day, I still really like the Inika canisters. The first time I saw one and got one, I was just amazed at the size and how awesome it was that the weapon and zamor spheres were there. They weren't awesome of course when you had the possibility of someone who "tried" the light up feature too much. The original Toa Mata Canisters were also very cool. While I've lost most of them, I still have Tahu's canister. I remember first time I saw one of them, I liked the look of them and how you could slide the label thing around and you got to see a glimpse at the story, the gear function, the mask codes, etc.I like how the canisters from the old days used to play a part in the story, like the Toa canisters were supposed to be the ones they arrived in, the Bohrok ones were where they slept, the Rahkshi ones were where like those tubes where Makuta had them, and so on. Too bad that sort of stopped after 2006 or so.My least favorites would probably be the Phantok and Mistika. The Mistika because they were nearly impossible to open. I almost hit something because of the knock-back from the first time I opened Gorast. The Phantoka because I didn't like how the colored plastic part didn't stay all that well, especially after the tape keeping it in place would wear off. The colored plastic part looked cool, though.

The best were the Bohrok canisters, because of the way they are able to store the set. The Metru canisters looked cool with the two lids=sphere function, but I never owned the canister, as my only Metru was found loose in a box of Lego sets my cousin gave me. confusedw.gifThe worst were the Barraki and the Mahri. Even though though the Barraki looked great, and the Mahri had a function I used maybe once, they were too hard to store.

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.

• 2 weeks later...

Bohrok/Toa Mata/Toa Nuva/Bohrok-Kal. ALl of those canisters had a secondary purpose, and the Hanging Bohrok was really cool back in the day. So was the suva feature of the Toa Mata.The worst is a tie between the Mahri and the Av-Toran/Agori. They were paper with a small piece of plastic that could be a display or a stand, but was not well executed. They also could not function at all as storage.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

While I was never a big fan of the Bohrok, I always loved how their canisters.I can't say I ever had a least favorite since I more or less stopped buying after the Kal were released and never experienced the other canisters.

Edited by Rama~Swarm

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. I'll say my favorite is are the Toa Nuva cans. There really nice n all! Least favorite: Stars. Basically the Hero Factory ones. :\

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the Bohrok Canisters that acted like the "Honeycomb" cells in the Hive. I disliked the Piraka containers... didn't have that nostalgic feel.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The Toa Mata canisters were pretty cool, as they could be used as a Suva as well as Toa Canisters. The Bohrok canister were very cool too, in the way that you could display your Bohrok in themAs for least favourite, probably the Hordika/Visorak. I thought they were a little boring, and they didn't have any story significance. At least the Toa Metru lids could become the Matoran ball things.

Mata and Bohrok. Story significance, easy storage, displays kanohi/ displays hanging set. Basically they were unquestionably the best. Oh, and metallic lids! Least favorite, probably the barraki, they look awesome but... Tough to stack, no collectables display, and you can't fit the sets in them without tearing the set in half :(I would say the piraka, cos the spine geta all twisted, but that's not really the cans folt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...