New LDD Patch Released: Version 4.3.9

For a while now the status of LEGO Digital Designer has been uncertain, with the last software update having been over a year ago and a Brickset news story passing on contradictory messages about the program's future. However, today LDD version 4.3.9 was finally released! The new update is 273.58 megabytes in size and includes 318 new bricks, lots of new decorations, fixes for issues on Mac OS X, and possibly other improvements not yet discovered. The update should install automatically if you launch LDD while connected to the Internet. If you don't yet have LDD, now's as good a time as ever to download it for free from LDD.LEGO.com!

View the full article

No masks? No head? We must keep searching! (also can't install the update until I update my Mac's OS.)

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

No masks? No head? We must keep searching! (also can't install the update until I update my Mac's OS.)

That was the case for me, but I was happy to update my OS—the only reason I hadn't yet was to avoid LOSING LDD functionality.

The lack of heads and masks is probably because the connection for those parts is so unusual. It might be easy if masks only had to connect to heads, but the fact that they can connect to so many other standard Technic connections as well as the non-standard connection points of the new heads probably complicates things.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That was the case for me, but I was happy to update my OS—the only reason I hadn't yet was to avoid LOSING LDD functionality.

The lack of heads and masks is probably because the connection for those parts is so unusual. It might be easy if masks only had to connect to heads, but the fact that they can connect to so many other standard Technic connections as well as the non-standard connection points of the new heads probably complicates things.

It seems codable enough to me. :/ 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

It seems codable enough to me. :/ 

It's doable, sure. But it's also comparatively more work than parts which use standard, existing connection styles, or even parts which have a unique connection point that only connects a select few parts. That's not even getting into the complex boundaries of uniquely shaped masks, which have to be programmed individually so that the parts don't collide with or clip into other parts in unrealistic ways. If they can program ten standard System parts in the time it takes to program a Bionicle mask (and that ratio is purely hypothetical), then those System parts would take priority (especially since the audience that is interested in Bionicle masks is substantially smaller than the audience for general System parts).

It took forever and when they finally do its incomplete :')

Bit of a pyrrhic victory, there.

​I haven't used LDD since the computer I had it on died. May need to download it again. Hopefully they add more new Bionicle parts at SOME point.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

​I haven't used LDD since the computer I had it on died. May need to download it again. Hopefully they add more new Bionicle parts at SOME point.

This update has new Bionicle parts! Not a complete selection, but it has a few 2015 and 2016 parts including Gali/Lewa's axe weapons, Pohatu's boomerangs, the 2015 eyestalks, the gears from the creature sets, the 2015 gearbox, the six-shooter, both Skull Villain weapons, the skeleton torso shell, and the 5M "skeleton bone".

As far as older parts are concerned there's nothing new for Bionicle, but at the same time, there are very few older System parts, either. In fact, looking at the newly added parts, only two jump out at me as older parts that have presumably been retired—the two segments of the buildable Buzz Lightyear's helmet. And even those parts are only from 2010, more recent than the vast majority of classic Bionicle parts.

Edited by Lyichir

This update has new Bionicle parts! Not a complete selection, but it has a few 2015 and 2016 parts including Gali/Lewa's axe weapons, Pohatu's boomerangs, the 2015 eyestalks, the gears from the creature sets, the 2015 gearbox, the six-shooter, both Skull Villain weapons, the skeleton torso shell, and the 5M "skeleton bone".

As far as older parts are concerned there's nothing new for Bionicle, but at the same time, there are very few older System parts, either. In fact, looking at the newly added parts, only two jump out at me as older parts that have presumably been retired—the two segments of the buildable Buzz Lightyear's helmet. And even those parts are only from 2010, more recent than the vast majority of classic Bionicle parts.

I...know. I'm talking about masks, and such. Eyestalks are kinda pointless when there's nothing to put them in.

EDIT: In fact, I literally said "MORE new" pieces.

Edited by Pat Lee

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

they also added some Nexo Knights parts but not Axl's torso or any on the helmets or visors.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

This was really needed and very much appreciated.  I was starting to use LDD less and less as I needed the new pieces (I don't have the time to dig through my pieces to find all I need to make a model) but now I can build my up to date projects again.

Thank you BZPower for the heads up, I downloaded it the moment I saw your post (the day you posted it).

Edited by Rakrondewl
  • Upvote 1

I find something more. 

http://i.hizliresim.com/8ZNYW7.png

But that's bad to don't see new head and masks. And I can't see other new bricks. What're their names?

Those parts have been there since at least the previous update, actually.

Superkalle from Eurobricks made a file containing all the new bricks from the latest update, which you can find in this post.