Favorite Ninjago Promotional Song

Aanchir

Favorite Ninjago Promotional Song  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since two new LEGO Ninjago promotional songs were just released by The Fold, I was curious which of their Ninjago songs from over the years were people's favorites! To date they've released 15 original songs along with four remixes of the theme song The Weekend Whip. Since the number of answers per poll question is limited, I split it into two questions: which is your favorite promotional song, and which is your favorite version of the theme song.

Links for those who haven't heard the songs before or want to refresh their memory:

The Weekend Whip

Born to be a Ninja
Ninja Go!
A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Rebooted Tech Whip
After the Blackout
Full Digital
We Are Ninjas
Spinnin' Out In Color
Eye of the Storm

The Anacondrai Whip
21st Century Ninja
The Ninja Roll
Enter the Tournament
Back to Ninjago
The Ghost Whip

Bring on the Pirates
We Are Ninjago

Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts!

EDIT: Link added for "The Pirate Whip"!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Added a link for a video of "The Pirate Whip" to the first post!

My favorite Ninjago promotional song overall is "21st Century Ninja". I love that the lyrics reference the story but aren't totally specific to one particular story arc. In general, I feel like the Tournament of Elements arc had some of the best songs. The 2012 songs were fun and energetic but fairly cheesy, and "After the Blackout" is the only 2013 song with lyrics that totally resonated with me (although I will admit that a lot of the 2013 songs were really catchy). This year's songs are better than both those years, but I still think the 2015 Tournament of Elements songs have an edge on them lyrically.

It was hard to choose between "The Weekend Whip" and "The Pirate Whip" as my favorite version of the theme song. I really like the guitars and trumpets in The Pirate Whip, but I think the original version has more energy. I ended up going with the original.