No Villain Pack or Accessory Pack?!?

Both of the aforementioned polybags seem to be exclusive to Russia. 

I'm not happy about this, because I really want to acquire both of them, and I don't want to pay $40+ just for a polybag.

So, I think that we should get LEGO to at least release the Accessory Pack, because it isn't fair not to release it to all countries. :( As for the Villain Pack, they probably won't make any more, due to it being from last year's lineup. :(

Thoughts?

(Mods, feel free to merge this with the 2016 discussion topic if it belongs there rather than its own topic.)

Edited by FrozenPancake_

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

That would be cool, but I don't really know how we would "get" Lego to do anything they weren't already planning on doing already. Stuff like organizing a new promotion sounds like it'd be a bit big for them to just do if asked nicely, unfortunately. Especially as polybags generally stuff that gets added to one's orders for free, I don't see how one would even go about petitioning for such a thing.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

While I agree that a global release would have been personally preferable to a regional release, I don't think we'll be able to "get LEGO to" do anything.

Besides, this isn't the first time a LEGO promotion has been region-specific.  Pretty sure North America gets a lot of things that other places don't.

• Upvote 6

OpAXNpl.jpg

I do really want that pack though. With the MoCr, and the cape/cloak/what ever it's mean to be.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

While I agree that a global release would have been personally preferable to a regional release, I don't think we'll be able to "get LEGO to" do anything.

Besides, this isn't the first time a LEGO promotion has been region-specific.  Pretty sure North America gets a lot of things that other places don't.

Yeah, I guess you could call it karma. :P

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Regional releases are usually to gauge market interests. Its not cost-effective for them to do a global release for something that is essential just testing the waters. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The villain pack, at the very least, was available for fairly cheap up until the end of the year (including international shipping, I got one for around $13). The accessory pack seems to have had no such deals, unfortunately. I had hoped that the accessory pack would be made available in the U.S. similarly to the promotional Mask of Fire polybag (such that I could ideally end up with more than one, to stock up on those classy textile elements). Unfortunately, if the price doesn't go down and the pack isn't released over here, I may have to pass on that one—I don't see myself paying big bucks for a polybag that doesn't even include an exclusive mask.

In any case, there's not much we as fans can do to "make" Lego release the pack elsewhere. If it is indeed a limited release then chances are Lego just plain hasn't produced enough of the set to allow for a more widespread release. At best, it's possible that BZPower could use its clout to obtain a few of these packs direct from Lego to use as prizes, like they did with the villain pack.

Lego just needs to stop being cheap in my opinion I remember they were getting us excited about Bionicle and it's really a dissapointment to be honest it all has gone downhill since the start of 2015

And this... I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. "Cheap" is an incredibly vague complaint and I don't think it applies much to this situation (where the complaint amounts to not getting free promotional materials), much less to the rest of the line.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Maybe The U.S. Canada area will get are own special polybags for 2017

They're not polybags, but it's worth keeping in mind the Clear Tahu Mask and Tr. Neon Green Skull Scorpion Mask were exclusive to American cons. While this didn't mean most people in the U.S. could get them, it would be even harder for fans in other countries to. It's not like these are the only promos to see a limited release.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, I guess you could call it karma. :P

I would actually argue that it the case of LEGO, North America gets less than Europe. LEGO itself is European, remember, and there are lots of promotional sets that we didn't get over here.

EDIT: Someone in Hungary is selling the Villain Pack on BrickLink for $7.23 and has 19 of them.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water