2017 Winter Sets Speculation

Rakrondewl

I was wondering what do you guys think the winter 2017 sets will be.  If LEGO follows their current pattern it should be "heroes".  I can't think of a good reason for the Toa getting new armor again in the story.  If they continue to reflect g1 we should get new Toa in 2017.  However, if the rumors are true and Bionicle is ending next year I don't see LEGO taking this route.  So what will they be?

Please share your thoughts.

Edit:

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts.  Most of the comments seem to be a general outline of next year's sets but I was really wondering what you guys thought the sets would look like, for example: Tahu will look similar to g1 MN Vakama with a sleeker technical looking design or the villains will resemble the Bohrok and have firing weapons.  Thank you all again.

Edited by Rakrondewl

If it reflects G1, then the winter wave will be the Beasts Kal and the summer wave will be new villains who are more original yet won't look as good.

But if it continues the trends of G2, it'll be the Toa's Super Saiyan 2 forms, a squad of buddies for them, and one villain.

Anything else we're gonna have to wait for leaks December to find out

• Upvote 3

If they do the Beasts Kal, I am going to bash their heads in with a stick storm Billund. Surely they can do better than that.

• There will be masks.
  • BZP will have an intense discussion about gears.
  • Something, having changed, will be awful now and ruined forever.
  • The question of something being a rehashed will be brought up.
  • The brown set will get the short end of the stick.
  • People will buy 'em anyway.

All of these predictions are true.

Also, there will be 2x2 red lego bricks and something with wheels.

• Upvote 5

Totallyaccuratepredictionsthatwilldefinitelycometofruition:

• A set based around a central character will have an excessive concentration of one element that will erupt in controversy before the community reluctantly accepts the change.

• A set will contain stickers and be universally hated.

• The two most prominent sets representing Water and Jungle will be well-rounded and generally good.

• People will complain about CCBS and the lack of traditional Technic in some capacity.

Edited by Turnipmensch
  • Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Well as they say put positive out there and you will get it back.

I think will get more technic builds that look technic but still use CCBS.

Winter wave

Six remakes of the pervise Toa, Six new buddies remakes of the protectors most likely, and normal Protector sized Makuta.

Summer wave

Titan Makuta wearing the MoUP

Three new bad guys (maybe some old G1 bad guys reimaged) must likely Rahkshi, Bohrok, Vahki

And finally what we've all been wanting to see Takanuva

He be most likely based off of the protector sets.

If LEGO does this it be there highest profiting wave out of G2. So much so they will continue the line.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Seeing as next year is the final battle I imagine that means we'll see less sets then this year (as seen with ninjago and legends if Chima). I could be wrong as I remember HF getting a ton of sets in it's last year. I'm thinking they might ditch the small sets for a team of anti-toa. Yeah I think what we're gonna see 14-15 new sets. 2 forms of Makuta, toa, anti-toa, and Takanuva type set. 

It's time to move on.

If the pattern keeps up:

• There will be six Toa; Lewa, Pohatu, and Gali will be $15 sets while Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua will be $20 sets
  • Each Toa will contain a gold version of their mask that the Toa will need to find. Again.
  • There will be a single villain main in the wave, but smaller horde enemies will be released in every other set.
  • Six small sets that will help the Toa find their golden masks.
  • Kopaka will (probably) have stickers

Tell me I'm wrong.

In more seriousness, while I don't expect it, I would like to see things get shaken up, even if it's only slightly. It would be interesting to make the small sets the enemies this wave while also having a big bad to lead them.

Makuta and the MoUP are definitely on the table, but I suspect they'll be in the summer wave. Some people are speculating on a G2 Takanuva, but I doubt he'll appear. There's been no foreshadowing of a seventh Toa. (Though, in fairness, there wasn't any in G1 save for a throw-away line in MNOG.) There have been many hints about the Mask of Time, however, so I suspect we'll finally get to see it in 2017. When and how, I'm not sure.

• Upvote 4

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

My goodness; isn't this discussion a little to soon!! We haven't even gotten through 2016 yet; I would think this topic would be better used by October 2016, or November. We still have a good six months away before we hear the first rumors of the 2017 sets.

• There will be masks.

^So true. In my case I haven't bought a lot of 2016 sets (only Ikir and Umarak tH). Not that the new sets are entirely horrible, it is just I have limited funds and I already have all six of the 2015 Toa. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts.  Most of the comments seem to be a general outline of next year's sets but I was really wondering what you guys thought the sets would look like, for example: Tahu will look similar to g1 MN Vakama with a sleeker technical looking design or the villains will resemble the Bohrok and have firing weapons.

Edited by Rakrondewl

We will probably get Tahu and his team again. It would be rather underwhelming to write them out of the story or demote them to secondary characters before the current three-year story arc concludes, which is what introducing a new team of Toa would most likely require. No reason for the story to focus on characters who aren't included in the products currently keeping the theme running! And not having Toa sets at all would be a poor business move, because by that time the 2016 Toa will no longer be reliably available on store shelves.

I don't see what's unsatisfying about getting Tahu and his team again anyway. What would be unsatisfying, to me, would be abruptly taking away the main characters we've spent two years getting to know and care about and replacing them with characters we have no emotional connection to in the middle of an ongoing story arc. And to be totally honest I think Bionicle could conceivably continue to focus on the same team of characters for far more than three years if they're written well enough. Ninjago has managed to keep its main protagonists interesting for over five years without ever needing to completely replace them. And set-wise, I, for one, quite enjoy getting new versions of characters and watching their designs evolve.

Chances are we'd also get six smaller "supporting character" sets, again, because the creatures would be leaving store shelves and it'd be important to have something that fits a similar "supporting character" role and price point. Okoto villager sets could be interesting for that purpose, since the only villagers we've gotten so far are the esteemed Protectors. One villain set to take the place of Umarak the Hunter would be nice, but more than that would not be urgent because the summer 2016 sets (which are pretty villain-heavy) will still be on store shelves. Repetitive as this pattern may feel, you generally want what's entering store shelves to correspond to what's leaving them, or else the sets on store shelves won't offer a balanced assortment of story roles and price points.

• Upvote 2

My goodness; isn't this discussion a little to soon!! We haven't even gotten through 2016 yet; I would think this topic would be better used by October 2016, or November. We still have a good six months away before we hear the first rumors of the 2017 sets.

• There will be masks.

^So true. In my case I haven't bought a lot of 2016 sets (only Ikir and Umarak tH). Not that the new sets are entirely horrible, it is just I have limited funds and I already have all six of the 2015 Toa. 

Yes, it is rather early but I tend to think about the sets to come right after I see the coming wave.  I love to design and seeing/hearing about new sets sparks my creativity.

My speculations:

-There will hopefully be an '06 style winter wave, with high-budget villains, titans to counter them, and some Okotoan villagers. (Voya Nui Resistance Team reimagined, anyone?) However, it's extremely likely that we'll get yet another team of Toa. (And part of me is okay with that, because I could buy every single incarnation of the Nuva to date and have a full Toa team of each. :P) I'd like to see either Shadow Toa, Rahkshi, or Piraka. 

-

Ekimu dies.

-We're definitely going to get a titan Makuta. Either that, or the fans will riot. :P (Eh, there will probably be some flaw to it that people will have heated debates about. :P)

-It will be the last year, unless it does better than usual. 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

We will probably get Tahu and his team again. It would be rather underwhelming to write them out of the story or demote them to secondary characters before the current three-year story arc concludes, which is what introducing a new team of Toa would most likely require. No reason for the story to focus on characters who aren't included in the products currently keeping the theme running! And not having Toa sets at all would be a poor business move, because by that time the 2016 Toa will no longer be reliably available on store shelves.

I don't see what's unsatisfying about getting Tahu and his team again anyway. What would be unsatisfying, to me, would be abruptly taking away the main characters we've spent two years getting to know and care about and replacing them with characters we have no emotional connection to in the middle of an ongoing story arc. And to be totally honest I think Bionicle could conceivably continue to focus on the same team of characters for far more than three years if they're written well enough. Ninjago has managed to keep its main protagonists interesting for over five years without ever needing to completely replace them. And set-wise, I, for one, quite enjoy getting new versions of characters and watching their designs evolve.

Chances are we'd also get six smaller "supporting character" sets, again, because the creatures would be leaving store shelves and it'd be important to have something that fits a similar "supporting character" role and price point. Okoto villager sets could be interesting for that purpose, since the only villagers we've gotten so far are the esteemed Protectors. One villain set to take the place of Umarak the Hunter would be nice, but more than that would not be urgent because the summer 2016 sets (which are pretty villain-heavy) will still be on store shelves. Repetitive as this pattern may feel, you generally want what's entering store shelves to correspond to what's leaving them, or else the sets on store shelves won't offer a balanced assortment of story roles and price points.

The only reason I said I thought getting Tahu and the team again would be "unsatisfying" was because I couldn't visualize interesting designs for them or think of a good reason for another armor switch in the story.  The first reason now seems unjustified as opposed to when I wrote it last night at 11:00 p.m., so I apologize and will change it.  As for the second reason, I still feel it will be rather forced.  I must also add I really want some different masks instead of another remake of the same ones.

Instead of another villain set coming out with Toa, I would like some sort of neutral guardian character.  But if it has to be a villain, what do you think he will look like?

Thank you for your comment it was very helpful.

My speculations:

-There will hopefully be an '06 style winter wave, with high-budget villains, titans to counter them, and some Okotoan villagers. (Voya Nui Resistance Team reimagined, anyone?) However, it's extremely likely that we'll get yet another team of Toa. (And part of me is okay with that, because I could buy every single incarnation of the Nuva to date and have a full Toa team of each. :P) I'd like to see either Shadow Toa, Rahkshi, or Piraka. 

-

Ekimu dies.

-We're definitely going to get a titan Makuta. Either that, or the fans will riot. :P (Eh, there will probably be some flaw to it that people will have heated debates about. :P)

-It will be the last year, unless it does better than usual. 

I really like the idea of Shadow Toa.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna say more Technic based but still CCBS, more TRANS, because they reaaaallly like that for some reason. But the main thing I'm gonna call is at least one set will be a new type of hand design with posable fingers, much like the beasts. 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'm gonna say more Technic based but still CCBS, more TRANS, because they reaaaallly like that for some reason. But the main thing I'm gonna call is at least one set will be a new type of hand design with posable fingers, much like the beasts. 

But if they go any more TRANS, they will look like this summer's Ekimu.  Possible fingers on a Toa would be really neat or should I say handy? 

I just had an idea why the Toa would need more armor again.  You know that volcano in the background of all the summer sets?  Well what if the green is some sort of toxin (this idea is supported by the poisoned Toa masks) that makes the Toa have to wear special breathing equipment, the result is them stylized to look like the Metru Nui Toa from g1.  This idea also works for many other themed styles but I really want g2 Metru Nui looking Toa. :P

• Upvote 3

I think 2017 would go like this:

Winter

1. Lewa, Pohatu, and Gali will be $15 sets while Tahu, Onua, and Kopaka will be $20 sets again. Plus, they will be G2's own Toa Nuva for real (I know they got Nuva symbols this year as Uniters, but they just got new armor and can have partners in their backs, like 2008, so I believe that the armor is just a reimagining version of 2008's Adaptive Armor). I bet they will also combine into either the Toa Kaita or Toa Nui (because when it comes to the keyword "Unity", it would mean going up to the next level, which is combining.

2. Six smaller sets will be the helpers again

3. Makuta as a small set

Summer:

1. Either 3-4 or 6 villains. I would imagine them to be G2's own Rahkshi

2. Makuta wearing the Mask of Ultimate Power

3. Either Ekimu or Takanuva

For how we look at 2015 and 2016, the stories are very different from the 2001 and 2002 stories. The 2001 story is about the Toa fighting Makuta and his Infected Rahi while in the 2015 story, the Toa only fight the Skull Creatures, with Kulta the Skull Grinder and the Lord of Skull Spiders being the main villains. The 2002 story is about the Toa fighting the Bohrok and then ended up get enhanced into the Toa Nuva while the Toa just wear new armor and Umarak and his Shadow Traps and Beasts. I have a feeling that 2017 would or would not be the same as the 2003 stories, either. It will be just the Toa finding the Mask of Ultimate Power while having a final confrontation with Makuta. There are any hints of a 7th Toa yet, but sometimes, Lego needs to change the 2015-2016 pattern a bit, so it would be a good idea to including the 7th Toa for some reason, probably to help the Toa find the Mask and defeat Makuta without knocking anyone to sleep. But, time will tell.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Let me guess, TTV Released the leaked pictures now did they? (the low down, greed filled snakes that they are.)

Anyway, my prediction is that we will finally get bright violet, hot pink, and trans pink as colors, along with Makuta, the Toa (maybe new Toa, the Protectors anyone?). And new cheese smaller sets (though, the creatures where good, and the proctors weren't that bad), and leftovers villain sets in the summer. Like every other year... But I dunno, maybe they'll surprise us, heres hoping.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

-

Ekimu dies.

I can't believe Narmoto is confirmed for Master of Light.

Pics or it didn't happen.

FrozenPancake prefaced that post with "my speculations", and Iron Mak is currently going about his business as his fabulously wealthy industrialist alter ego Tony Snark (which is to say he's being facetious).

• Upvote 2

Let me guess, TTV Released the leaked pictures now did they? (the low down, greed filled snakes that they are.)

Anyway, my prediction is that we will finally get bright violet, hot pink, and trans pink as colors, along with Makuta, the Toa (maybe new Toa, the Protectors anyone?). And new cheese smaller sets (though, the creatures where good, and the proctors weren't that bad), and leftovers villain sets in the summer. Like every other year... But I dunno, maybe they'll surprise us, heres hoping.

actually a while back tav said they were no longer reporting on leaks and did a bionicle autopsy on it 

my prediction is that we will get tiny overpriced barely poseable sets with half the characters being created only the wave before.and everyone will hate them an one will be named skrall and it shall be doomed to a life of misery.

in all seriousness though I think we will get a final battle wave of sorts with the first wave being ether new characters next generation of protectors or "upgraded Toa"  then the last wave will feature makuta with the MOUP and Ekimu with a completed vahi and toa/protector combatents. I kinda think this speculation topic is useless because we have zero story info for summer 2016

also the fact that Okoto is a giant robot did not expect that at all totally out of the blue!

• Upvote 1

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

^Actually although we have no story info for Summer 2016; we have great photos of all the sets for that wave.

And if the story is so predictable as the Winter wave was then the story will probably go as follows: 

"Toa fight darkness and the dangers of the new Beasts; while Makuta unleashes the mind controlled Umarak on Okoto. Ekimu steps in and helps the Toa save the day." Pretty easy to predict that happening. 

But as I said early this speculation is WAY to early. This is what drives me nuts about the Bionicle fandom at times...

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

-

Ekimu dies.

Pics or it didn't happen.

FrozenPancake prefaced that post with "my speculations", and Iron Mak is currently going about his business as his fabulously wealthy industrialist alter ego Tony Snark (which is to say he's being facetious).

And I am allowed to be facetiously skeptical. (Why do I always forget my :P emotes these days? *facepalm*)

^Actually although we have no story info for Summer 2016; we have great photos of all the sets for that wave.

And if the story is so predictable as the Winter wave was then the story will probably go as follows: 

"Toa fight darkness and the dangers of the new Beasts; while Makuta unleashes the mind controlled Umarak on Okoto. Ekimu steps in and helps the Toa save the day." Pretty easy to predict that happening. 

But as I said early this speculation is WAY to early. This is what drives me nuts about the Bionicle fandom at times...

I agree and I also tend to speculate way too early also. It us kinda saddening that we can predict the story so easily that is one thing that irks me about new gen is that they are trying to recreate old success when they need to be focusing on creating new things. To me gen 2 feels kinda like a story we have heard many times in many ways rehashed, don't get me wrong I love the sets and am happy that bionicle is back it just feels like its missing the heavy storyline that gave bionicle it's success early on it was something original that spark is missing In gen2.

Okay I trailed off there but point is this topic doesn't need to happen really.

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I agree and I also tend to speculate way too early also. It us kinda saddening that we can predict the story so easily that is one thing that irks me about new gen is that they are trying to recreate old success when they need to be focusing on creating new things. To me gen 2 feels kinda like a story we have heard many times in many ways rehashed, don't get me wrong I love the sets and am happy that bionicle is back it just feels like its missing the heavy storyline that gave bionicle it's success early on it was something original that spark is missing In gen2.

I disagree

By having the topic out now we can talk about what could happen for next year with out there being a risk of a leaked photo.

Normally by the ended of the summer wave we already get one or two leaked photos. Then were all just talking about them and not coming up with are own ideas.

So I like it that this topic is here now.

• Upvote 1

Y'know what? If I where the project lead for Bionicle and I knew that the upcoming year was the last year for Bionicle (not confirmed), I'd just say, "Screw it, let's make this year's story as crazy, far-fetched, out there concept that completely takes turn in a direction that no Bionicle story, or Lego story for that matter, has ever taken." I mean Bionicle did their whole "remembering our roots" thing and now it's time to go out with a bang! It's a nothing to lose and everything to gain scenario. I mean sure you'd have to convince someone higher up that you where going to take reigns of the story in the last season, but I think it would at least give Bionicle Gen 2 a final chance to make itself memorable in Lego history. And heck it might even save it.

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

Y'know what? If I where the project lead for Bionicle and I knew that the upcoming year was the last year for Bionicle (not confirmed), I'd just say, "Screw it, let's make this year's story as crazy, far-fetched, out there concept that completely takes turn in a direction that no Bionicle story, or Lego story for that matter, has ever taken." I mean Bionicle did their whole "remembering our roots" thing and now it's time to go out with a bang! It's a nothing to lose and everything to gain scenario. I mean sure you'd have to convince someone higher up that you where going to take reigns of the story in the last season, but I think it would at least give Bionicle Gen 2 a final chance to make itself memorable in Lego history. And heck it might even save it.

Building on what you said here's an idea of how they could do this is this.

A huge yet simple plot twist.

In the finale battle between the Toa and Makuta; Makuta defeats all of the toa and rules Okoto with an iron fist.

Lets say we have Takanuva in are finale wave. he escapes the finale battle defeat and gathers a group of six Protectors and leaves Okoto to hunt down the mask of time.

With this idea LEGO creates a plot doorway so if they do take a year long break in the story they can return to it right where they left off.

With this Takanuva takes the role of teacher like Ekimu did with the original G2 Toa. The the protectors become the new Toa. We get a new serious of Toa battles as they hunt down the mask of time.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 2

Im not sure what will come out in 2017 but i really hope its not another wave of Toa with "NEW ARMOR" NO maybe there will be something like................I honestly have no idea what could be till there's an ending to the 2016 story line from there i could have an idea. 

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I disagree

By having the topic out now we can talk about what could happen for next year with out there being a risk of a leaked photo.

Normally by the ended of the summer wave we already get one or two leaked photos. Then were all just talking about them and not coming up with are own ideas.

So I like it that this topic is here now.

your last sentence made me think of this "You are all my children, and you're lost because you follow blind leaders. No more false gods. I'm here now." 

anyway  I was talking more about the fact that bionicle fans tend to speculate too early it doesn't bother me that this topic might have been created "too early" but I don't exactly agree with you ethier

Less of proper speculation and more of a far-fetched idea, but what if Lego throws us a curveball, kills off all the toa in the Summer 2016 storyline forcing 2015's protectors to take on the role of new main heroes, and get an upgrade to toa-size via the mask of creation/Ekimu?

Or it turns out that Ekimu twisted the tale of him and Makuta, and Makuta is actually the good guy.

Or some kind of other pointlessly convoluted twist. Anything to make the story more interesting.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Less of proper speculation and more of a far-fetched idea, but what if Lego throws us a curveball, kills off all the toa in the Summer 2016 storyline forcing 2015's protectors to take on the role of new main heroes, and get an upgrade to toa-size via the mask of creation/Ekimu?

Or it turns out that Ekimu twisted the tale of him and Makuta, and Makuta is actually the good guy.

Or some kind of other pointlessly convoluted twist. Anything to make the story more interesting.

:kakama:

I was thinking the SAME thing with you're theory of the protectors and who knows if that really happens i just dont think they will KILL the Toa but put them in a coma maybe who knows.

Now that twist of Ekimu being the bad guy my gosh if that happens that is a TWIST.

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

Everyone's predictions sound accurate, but I think my predictions for 2017 are the most likely to happen ( :P ):

• Every toa will use gold in their armor & have their weapons in silver. 
  • There will be little to no CCBS shells & more technic.
  • Tahu will use just gold & neon orange in his color scheme, because red isn't good enough for the toa of fire.
  • Gali will be the best set because she's a girl. The set designers widen her hips to make that obvious & give her more orange pieces.
  • Lewa will be the second best set because the set designers love him & give him the most technic pieces, along with a Mask of Jungle that brings back the grin of the original Miru. 
  • Pohatu will be the worst set of 2017. He blends reddish brown, brick & sand yellow together with neon green. His mask also has a pointed chin, just like Gali's. 
  • Onua becomes a massive titan & has transparent purple crystals growing out of his body. 
  • Kopaka gets his old scope back, along with more dark blue shells in a variety of sizes.
  • The small sets for this year are... Villagers with hammers & the pieces needed to build a game of hammer flush.
  • The villains are going to be Rahkshi built in CCBS.
  • Fusions will become canon as there will be a netflix episode dedicated to Gali & Tahu forming a Kaita. (Because they are the One True Pairing.) 
  • Makuta's defeat comes at the cost of the toa & the ending to the story is Ekimu placing Makuta's mask in the middle of a makeshift shrine with the Toas' masks surrounding the Mask of Control. 
  • Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I like to focus on some of your points.

The villains are going to be Rahkshi built in CCBS.

I would die of happiness and be brought back to life by the red star.

This would be so cool to see.

The small sets for this year are... Villagers with hammers & the pieces needed to build a game of hammer flush.

I agree that will see more villagers maybe less bulky and more villager looking.

Makuta's defeat comes at the cost of the toa & the ending to the story is Ekimu placing Makuta's mask in the middle of a makeshift shrine with the Toas' masks surrounding the Mask of Control.

Great idea if this is the end of Bionicle. :(

but if we want LEGO to continue the story my idea would work better.

(It's somewhere in this topic.)

Edited by ToaTimeLord

I would love a plot twist besides "We got the masks. Oh no we lost."
Say the Toa defeat the main baddie of 2017, (whoever it is) by a long shot. They're all happy and confident and they think that they are one step closer to Makuta. Then, one of two plot twists could happen

Ekimu actually turns out to be evil, and just wanted the Masks of Creation, Control, and Ultimate Power for his own personal gain. The Toa have to fight their old mentor, yada yada
Or the whole "defeating said villain" was just a distraction. By directing their attention to just one villain, Makuta uses it to his advantage by escaping his prison or whatever, making a physical form and making six new villains.
So the sets would be
Winter
-Toa Nuva
-Named Villagers
-Ekimu Nuva

Summer
-Makuta's Physical Form(Similar to 03 Makuta, or Protector sized character) w/ MoUP
-Six Villains(Hoping for Rahkshi types)

That's just my hopes :tohu:

• Upvote 1

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)