2017 Winter Sets Speculation

Rakrondewl

In the case of Pohatu, I ended up warming up to the look pretty quickly, since the burnt orange bits in his arms make it look sort of like those parts are a more natural color for him, and those are the areas most exposed... like the dark beige elements are an extra layer he's wearing over those parts, sort of like a poncho or something.

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone gets -100 style points for layering trans-neon-green on top of trans-neon-green with nothing else in that area of his body, disgusting and garish and honestly hard to see.

Anyway in 2017 i expect we will see at least one Makuta, probably the same six jerks heroes we've come to love(?) and some sort of force for them to fight against, possibly in a set of five for whatever reason they've been doing that. shrug, i'm simple.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

In the case of Pohatu, I ended up warming up to the look pretty quickly, since the burnt orange bits in his arms make it look sort of like those parts are a more natural color for him, and those are the areas most exposed... like the dark beige elements are an extra layer he's wearing over those parts, sort of like a poncho or something.

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone gets -100 style points for layering trans-neon-green on top of trans-neon-green with nothing else in that area of his body, disgusting and garish and honestly hard to see.

I thought I'd hate it but I ended up liking it. Those shells and bones are short enough that together, it just ends up looking like his entire forearms are made of sulfur and he's wearing silver gloves. I tried putting burnt orange and dark beige plates on his forearms instead, and weirdly enough, neither of those colors looked as good.

I'm just hoping they tone down on the greebles. Otherwise I'm open.

But greebles is what Bionicle is all about!1!1!! It isn't Bionicle if there aren't pistons everywhere!!1! That was the entire heart and soul of geewun!!!111!1!

• Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I thought I'd hate it but I ended up liking it. Those shells and bones are short enough that together, it just ends up looking like his entire forearms are made of sulfur and he's wearing silver gloves. I tried putting burnt orange and dark beige plates on his forearms instead, and weirdly enough, neither of those colors looked as good.

Really? cuz to me i see the tr-neon-green being used as an accent color everywhere else (his shoulders, knees, the back of his leg etc.) and then just this big solid chunk on his arms. given the only other place he has bones in that color is the back of his legs, that means this is the only prominent section of him in this color to be visible from the front, and it's quite frankly, huge.

Pohatu: Master of stone pulled off his limbs being made of the yellow crystal/stone/glass but also remembered color layering and spread, so it didn't overpower any given part of him.

while i'm on this i guess i'll add i hope 2017 has better color spread than 2016 did, those monopart chestplates absolutely wrecked anyone with the misfortune of it not being in their main color...

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I hope we get one of the two legendary mask.

Mask of Ulitamite Power

The G2 Vahi

Protector sized Makuta

A Takanuva who wears a purified version of the Mask of Ulitamite Power, (aka a G2 Mask of Light.)

Will the last one happen? Probably not.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

The Uniter torsos are a bit.............much, I'll agree with everyone. They're a lot much.

My biggest problem with the greebles though is how mismatched they sometimes look... I wish they'd toned down the mechanical look if they were gonna try making the Uniters look techno-organic or whatever through the textures/greebles alone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Making the Uniters get closer to nature or whatever was alright but if next year is the final incarnation of these Toa that we're getting, I'd like to see something more like a return to the emphasis on mechanical parts. Maybe just.......like, if they could do the sets with a dozen fewer molded-on pistons it'd be nice.

• Upvote 1

I'm more curious as to what will happen to the creatures. The protectors were pretty much written off, but the creatures seem like they should have a much stronger bond with the toa.

So I'm gonna go out on a huge hypothetical limb here and say that the creatures will permanently merge with the Toa to force them into a newer "ultimate" form where they're at full power. For the sake of throwing ideas out there, I'll also say the golden and regular versions of the masks might just combine into one singular mask. Like the body of the mask is the main color and the secondary color blended in will be gold; much like how the silver is blended in to the regular masks of the uniters.

As for a last-ditch attempt at nostalgia, maybe the next masks for the toa will be literal remakes of their original G1 Mata Masks with a minor modification to attach in the same way new masks do.

That's all I can come up with lol.

• Upvote 2

I'm more curious as to what will happen to the creatures. The protectors were pretty much written off, but the creatures seem like they should have a much stronger bond with the toa.

So I'm gonna go out on a huge hypothetical limb here and say that the creatures will permanently merge with the Toa to force them into a newer "ultimate" form where they're at full power. For the sake of throwing ideas out there, I'll also say the golden and regular versions of the masks might just combine into one singular mask. Like the body of the mask is the main color and the secondary color blended in will be gold; much like how the silver is blended in to the regular masks of the uniters.

As for a last-ditch attempt at nostalgia, maybe the next masks for the toa will be literal remakes of their original G1 Mata Masks with a minor modification to attach in the same way new masks do.

That's all I can come up with lol.

Not a bad idea.

With The creatures part of the Toa, it would leave room for new small sets like new Villagers.

The idea of G1 Mask that work on G2 heads is a stretch but I like the idea.

Personally I love to see random mask packs. Each bag holds two mask and a weapon add-on. The Mask would be recolours of past G2 Mask. Such as new colour combinations for protector mask, and "misprint" 2015 Toa mask.

While I like the idea of seeing the Toa of Light concept return, I can't help but feel our current batch of Toa haven't quite had their time to shine yet.  They put up an admirable fight against Skull Grinder, but Ekimu ended up being the one to save the day, and he seems set to have a major role again this summer.  I kinda want to see the Toa Mata win their way through 2017 all on their own.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

A Toa of light, Takanuva or otherwise?

No need, we already have our seventh Toa in the form of Ekimu.
I was about to say that as well. Ekimu, while by title is the "Mask Maker" seems to be our Toa of Light, even if he isn't explicitly called that. What color scheme would the Toa of Light have that would differ from Ekimu?

Edit: And I adored Takanuva as a kid, so it's not like I have anything against the character. I'd actually love for him to return but Ekimu hits that spot well.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I was about to say that as well. Ekimu, while by title is the "Mask Maker" seems to be our Toa of Light, even if he isn't explicitly called that. What color scheme would the Toa of Light have that would differ from Ekimu?

Edit: And I adored Takanuva as a kid, so it's not like I have anything against the character. I'd actually love for him to return but Ekimu hits that spot well.

Translucent yellow of course, same colors as Lego City sets use for car headlights. Add in white and a splash of white armor along with occasional black ccbs bones and presto a recipe for a G2 Takanuva.

qs3135.jpg

I'll be making a Takanuva anyway, personally. :P

(That is, if and when we get the Vahi in set form.)

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I hope we get another big set like the destroyer.  I miss the days when there was like a trio of titans with a more technic build.

It was even better when you could combine 'em all into a big one, like Voporak or Vezon and Kardas. 

And if we do get another legit titan set, it's going to be Makuta, more than likely.

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I hope we get some full on trans characters, trans bones, trans masks, trans armor, trans gears, fun on trans! :D  :D  :D

I am gonna get killed 

Actually though I hope we get some toa with little to no trans and some awesome capes for each. That would be great.

I hope we get some full on trans characters, trans bones, trans masks, trans armor, trans gears, fun on trans! :D  :D  :D

I am gonna get killed 

Actually though I hope we get some toa with little to no trans and some awesome capes for each. That would be great.

Trans axels and pins for president 2017

In all seriousness, while I'd love for the Trans colors on the Toa to be reduced and to exclusively appear as bones (primary color shells please. No trans or silver or gold), I'd love to see 100% trans villains. At least one. Make him/her trans lime green, too. Or maybe a blend of two different trans colors?

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I am gonna get killed 

C'mon, that's not such an unpopular opinion. I personally know a lot of Bionicle fans who'd appreciate finally getting some canon trans characters. :D

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I am gonna get killed 

C'mon, that's not such an unpopular opinion. I personally know a lot of Bionicle fans who'd appreciate finally getting some canon trans characters. :D

/thread

I guess it's time for us to go home  :D

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

2015-Too much trans

2016-More trans

Our lovely little community.

There's also that thing with some people where they're utterly disgusted with the appearances of prototypes, then they're greatly pleased with the final product after stating something like "it's the worst thing from LEGO!" Although, that can also happen in a vice-versa manner, to which speculating or predicting isn't necessary because it's bound to happen one way or another with at least one person. :D

• Upvote 1

I'm going to predict we get an infected villager as Makuta before eventually getting his true form later. I'd love to see villager small sets and a set of 6 new main villains. 

I like the theories about G1 patterns being present in G2, such as the Uniters being similair to the Toa Nuva. I don't think we see beasts-kal, as I see Umarak the destroyer as a sort of parallel for the kal.

I don't know who said it, but the Rahkshi in CCBS would be the BEST!

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnaHFstqCK97bHNwpwztn_Q

Check out my YouTube channel for LEGO, YuGiOh and Pokemon videos!

I don't know who said it, but the Rahkshi in CCBS would be the BEST!

That would be me.

Every time I do a Lego survey it ask what new sets would you like to see?

My Answer:

RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI RAHKSHI

I am gonna get killed 

Trans axels and pins for president 2017

In all seriousness, while I'd love for the Trans colors on the Toa to be reduced and to exclusively appear as bones (primary color shells please. No trans or silver or gold), I'd love to see 100% trans villains. At least one. Make him/her trans lime green, too. Or maybe a blend of two different trans colors?

That sounds pretty cool, i would also like energy versions of the toa, which have all trans, (kinda like NRG ninja in ninjago) Then no trans for the next ones. 

All this talk of trans reminds me: I will be forever irked that that there are no transparent dark blue bones. Every other element has a unique bone color, but for some reason Water sets are stuck sharing trans light blue bones with Ice sets. Even more annoying, the 2016 Water sets mix both new and pre-existing trans-dark blue parts into their color scheme, while keeping the same trans-light blue bones. It's probably for budgetary reasons, along with Lewa conspicuously not using transparent bones at all until his second incarnation, but it still really bites me hard in the OCD.

• Upvote 2

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I can't really appreciate color schemes(one of the downsides of going blind), but if they give us a series of color-coded for your convenience glowing energy enemies made of all trans and one of them is purple, I'd have to get it on principle alone even if it included no new molds.

Actually, a swarm of energy beings that come in the six/seven colors of the rainbow, each all trans in shades of their color that then combine into a multi-colored monstrosity sounds like a cool idea.

Or, maybe trying to connect that idea to Bionicles non-standard six-element system, a spirit of each element as a small, swarming creature that's all trans in the element's colors, and form power armor for their respective Toa. Then we could have a villain whose base form is all trans black and powers up by corrupting the spirits and his ultimate form has him absorbing spirits of all six elements.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

• 5 weeks later...

Translucent yellow of course, same colors as Lego City sets use for car headlights. Add in white and a splash of white armor along with occasional black ccbs bones and presto a recipe for a G2 Takanuva.

This. With each of the Toa having their own trans color, be it in their bones or plates or whatever, trans yellow is the PERFECT color to be associated with him.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I wonder if the villians in 2017 will have transparent purple as a secondary colour kind of like how in 2015, they had trans orange as the secondary colour and how they're using trans lime this year. Let's hope we get transparent purple heads! Imagine toa masks blended in either white, blue, green, brown, black and red as they're blending into transparent purple...kopaka's mask would be something to drool over to just imagine the transitioning in colour between white and transparent purple. Kopaka's mask with storm beast is so great! Or maybe if they were blended in transparent pink that would be like a dream! My review of storm beast explains how great kopaka's drained mask is

http://limeflavouredlibertarian24.tumblr.com/post/146421373619/storm-beast

I wonder if the villians in 2017 will have transparent purple as a secondary colour kind of like how in 2015, they had trans orange as the secondary colour and how they're using trans lime this year. Let's hope we get transparent purple heads! Imagine toa masks blended in either white, blue, green, brown, black and red as they're blending into transparent purple...kopaka's mask would be something to drool over to just imagine the transitioning in colour between white and transparent purple. Kopaka's mask with storm beast is so great! Or maybe if they were blended in transparent pink that would be like a dream! My review of storm beast explains how great kopaka's drained mask is

http://limeflavouredlibertarian24.tumblr.com/post/146421373619/storm-beast

While I like the idea of oddly coloured blended masks as "corrupted" forms coming with villains, please for the love of Mata Nui don't give blended masks to the actual Toa sets. I loved everything about the Uniters except the masks. I mean, I kind of see the point in using gold masks blended with the trans-color associated with the toa, but I don't see the point since they did the same with the corrupted masks in 2015. However, blending the regular masks with the primary color and silver was a horrible choice. I'd love the mask of Uniter Pohatu if it were completely burned orange, but with that fugly silver top-half, it's revolting. It's especially horrible when silver isn't even in the color scheme - see Tahu and Onua.

Keep the blended masks to the villains. I want my Toa to have single, solid color masks. None of this blended or trans nonsense unless it's a corrupted mask.

I hope the actual toa sets do you have blended coloured masks or maybe they can have fully transparent colours of masks instead of gold masks to show that their masks are flowing with power or that they're using their elemental elements

I loved the blended masks each toa has. It's better than the plain gold masks the toa came with in 2015

I hope the actual toa sets do you have blended coloured masks or maybe they can have fully transparent colours of masks instead of gold masks to show that their masks are flowing with power or that they're using their elemental elements

I loved the blended masks each toa has. It's better than the plain gold masks the toa came with in 2015

But they could have blended the gold with the primary color instead of the trans color to differentiate from the drained/corrupted masks of 2015. As they are now, the golden masks of unity make no sense lore-wise. 

Fully transparent masks? All of them? I mean, do you actively want to make trans colors look cheap? Ekimu's 2016 full trans MoC is unique because it's the only one. If all of them have fully trans masks, tons of blended bits, none of it will be special anymore. Throwing tons of blended pieces and full trans pieces on sets will make them look like a cheap mess, at least in my opinion. 

It's clear we're opposites here  :P  I like printed and solid-color pieces, while you like blended and trans. There's nothing wrong with that, it just isn't my preference.

I am a tad baffled as to why you're not using the quote function. Bit tough to follow sometimes.

Masks blended in normal colours and gold sounds awesome! That's a great idea! I wonder what the transition colours for those masks will look. 

What if each toa came with ekimu's mask of creation, but in a different transparent colour to show he's giving part of his power to the toa. 

Your description of me is accurate: I hate printed pieces and solid colours and I love blended and transparent pieces, but look at g1, a majority of sets didn't use any other transparent pieces besides for their eyes, but at least they made their sets' colour schemes extremely consistent!

I would like to see some shake up in the format of Bionicle.

Instead of six Toa two mask each six small sets one mask each.

How bout the small sets having the Toa's second mask or better yet have there own second mask.

Also Mask Packs.