Another Gali Re-Vamp

I bought the Uniter Gali last week, and while I liked it, I hate the asymmetrical color scheme and armor.  So I decided to re-vamp it. It would be nice to stick with only the azure shade of blue.  But unfortunately Lego doesn't make enough shells in that shade, so I had to mix in some regular blue.  The uniter function is still intact, but I don't like having open pegs sticking out, so I put a piece of armor over the back.

How about dem' harpoon launchers tho?

25344440383_72579bffec_z.jpg

25672611050_65527b3712_z.jpg

25672610350_02eaf1d22d_z.jpg

25878216261_8e33965e31_z.jpg

25340476514_91a8857640_z.jpg

25852368562_7c6a6aa90f_z.jpg

• Upvote 5

Whats with these older hands?!!?! they don't look good on Toa!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I think the new mask would work better.

Besides that it looks perfect.

I actually took some pics with the new mask.  I don't think it looks nearly as good.  Take a look:

9705ef46aedd673d74ed4ff53af5ae133df16f64

Because the new hands don't come in all those glorious colors!  I think they look great.  What are your concerns with them?  Is it the fact that they only have 4 fingers instead of five?  

Edited by BlackboltJohnson

I actually took some pics with the new mask.  I don't think it looks nearly as good.  Take a look:

Because the new hands don't come in all those glorious colors!  I think they look great.  What are your concerns with them?  Is it the fact that they only have 4 fingers instead of five?  

Actually the new fists do come in blue.

https://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?q=fist&itemType=P&catID=&colorID=

There are a few reasons why I don't like the, firstly, they don't look good proportionally, secondly the fingers are just.... They're stubby sausages, alright? And third, it jist makes me cringe to use these pieces myself, and to see them on Toa, for whatever reason, probably due to the faulty connection, but also all the other things I listed above. Hover, if color is what you're looking for, thats fine, it just hurts to look at for me.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

While I do like the model, I have to say, this mask does look better. The solid blue of the '15 mask just kinda feels so abrupt on top of that silver torso. The '16 mask has a nice blend of blue and silver that makes it fit in much better. If there were less silver and more blue, then the other mask would work. But as it is, the '16 mask works best. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Agree to disagree.  I like the way the all blue contrasts strongly with the silver on the rest of the body.  It makes it look more like a true mask, and not just a part of a "robotic suit".  I also don't like the rounded head shape and oversized eyes on the 2016 masks.

Edited by BlackboltJohnson