Tahu of the Ascendant Flame (Final Form)

Mega evolution Tahu!

Good build all around. Next time if you have a gray mat or posterboard, I think it my tone down the brightness, but allow Tahu to pop. The bright white background makes it too light.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Mega evolution Tahu!

Good build all around. Next time if you have a gray mat or posterboard, I think it my tone down the brightness, but allow Tahu to pop. The bright white background makes it too light.

Thanks for the tip.  The bright white looks great on my laptop and mobile screens though, and it's the same background I use for almost all my MOCs.  I love the strong contrast against the white, and in fact I often turn up the exposure to make it even brighter!

I promised myself to always have words to spare whenever I come across a good MOC (it's the only thing I do on this site by now), but in front of yours it's a difficult task. He is so much like how I always imagined Golden Armor Tahu to be.

Good job on Lewa and Gali, too! (I share your thoughts on Pohatu, though)

Wow

:smiletahunu:

Please leave more detailed posts when commenting on a MOC. -Tufi

Sorry its just so perfect and was the only word that seem to work.

Its just a great build altogether really looks good.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

You managed to make an all gold and trans orange Tahu look good. Though why no Pheonix wings?

Thanks!  But he's too large to make decent wings.  Specifically gold wings.  Silver wings, or any other color for that matter, just wouldn't look right.  But they don't make the right kind of gold parts I would need to make wings big enough for a MOC this size.

Wow. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I mean, he's big and well colored, and Ikir just makes him cooler (though I do wonder why you didn't include the wings). If this were a set I would (try to) buy it.

I got my answer.

Edited by Vrokorta

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

You managed to make an all gold and trans orange Tahu look good. Though why no Pheonix wings?

Thanks!  But he's too large to make decent wings.  Specifically gold wings.  Silver wings, or any other color for that matter, just wouldn't look right.  But they don't make the right kind of gold parts I would need to make wings big enough for a MOC this size.

What about the fire wing pieces from CHI Fluminox? http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=70211-1#T=S&O={}

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

What about the fire wing pieces from CHI Fluminox? http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=70211-1#T=S&O={}

That's a great suggestion.  I hadn't considered those.

That's an omega Tahu if I've ever seen one. Insanely awesome job! The overall shaping and armoring looks great and sturdy and the color distribution is good, though The ultimate form with Ikir feels like its missing the wings.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)